Chapter – 63 : BACK TO BELKA
180 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 63

BACK TO BELKA

 

The slime Airi had tamed now together with Yui was searching for an exit on that floor.

Finally, they found a cave that had suddenly appeared by the cracking of the dungeon wall.

Most probably it was a mechanism that was activated after the demon slime was defeated.

Airi was still tending to Mia and tied knots on her torn clothes to make them presentable.

“Are you still scared Mia?”

“I was. I thought I would lose this body and get defiled. Everything seemed dark to me. That’s when you two came to save me. Thank you.” Mia said with tears in her eyes. But she did not look in pain anymore.

“Don’t you worry? We will save you from any bad guys, that we promise.” Airi put up her index finger in front of Mia.

“What’s that?” Mia looked puzzled as if she had never seen such a thing.

“From where we come it’s a sign of making a promise that cannot be broken. Just do the same for me will you?” Airi asked with a pretty smile.

“So, it's some kind of promise ritual?” Mia looked excited on hearing about it.

“Yes, you can say it like that! It’s a pinkie promise friendship ritual.”

Mia slowly brings her index finger out.

Airi at the same time intertwines her index finger around her and closes them.

“We will stay friends together forever.” Mia and Airi said in unison.

“Not fair, while I am finding the exit, you two are having fun. Let me do the same too?” Yui jumped in the middle and then performed the same friendship ritual with Mia.

Airi noticed that Mia was still watching her with some reservations but did not bring up the topic of her sucking blood. She still seems to be tired and so might be still collecting her thoughts over it.

So, Airi too decided it was best not to push her with an explanation and explain things when the situation had settled down.

Suddenly the slime started jumping around Airi again. Since the slime could not speak Airi had to focus to share her thoughts.

“I think it needs a name?”

“Yes, you gave one to Kubie remember.” Yui reminded Airi of what she had done with the white kitsune previously.

“Alright let me think of something.”

“Since I have already decided how I am going to use it. How about Suu? It’s a perfect name for a slime I think.” Airi picked up the demon slime and called out its name again. “Suu. Did you like it?”

The slime jumped on Airi’s hand with excitement and a faint glow appeared from inside it.

Airi noticed that the monster core from inside the slime disappeared completely.

This could only mean that the familiar contract was complete when she give it a new name after forming a bond with it. Also, she realized just now that Suu got a new skill.

“What is it Airi?” Yui asked as she saw Airi deep in thought.

“Suu just earned itself a new skill.”

“That’s awesome. What is it?”

“It’s a secret. I will tell you when I will use it.” Airi made a cute face so Yui could not push her over it.

“Miss Airi you are awesome. You can also tame monsters. And from what I have heard this is your second one. And this is a demon slime so it must have been really hard to tame it.” Mia congratulated Airi.

“Thank you , Mia. But is taming monsters hard.”

“Yes. Usually, tamers try to tame weak monsters from birth and it takes them years to form a bond. The strong ones are difficult to control and bind and usually, the tamer ends up harmed. So, it is not a particularly famous profession.”

From what Mia said Airi could only surmise that taming monsters is not easy. But for Airi, she only had to use her noble vampire blood to assert her dominance.

“I think it's time to go home. We promised Andri to bring you safe. Everyone is worried for you.”

“Then I can’t make them wait any longer… can I!?” Mia was really a thoughtful child.

“Yui can you help Mia to carry on your back?” Airi stood up and asked Yui to carry Mia on her back.

“Just leave it to me.”

As for Suu, it hid inside Airi’s side pouch.

The exit directly opened on the third floor where the duo had fought the people who hurt Mia.

The two had decided to walk slowly and take it easy to not stress themselves.

“I have never felt so comfortable inside the dungeon. It was always a dreadful situation for me.” Mia suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

“Don’t worry, as long as we are here no monster can hurt you.” Yui tightly held Mia to show her resolve.

“Thanks. Yui.”

After an hour of walking, they were able to get outside of the dungeon. The leftover monsters which could attack them were found by Airi’s vampire eyes and crushed by her telekinetic skills there only. And Mia won’t even know she did that while walking along and talking with her.

And only after half an hour, they were on the outskirts of the town.

“Look I can see the gateway from here,” Mia said elatedly.

“Do you see people outside too Airi?” Yui pointed out.

“Yes, I think there are some people from the guild and Andre and the guards.”

“Let’s hurry they might be waiting for us.”

***

{ Next Chapter : Confession }

 

Announcement
  • Read 5 chapters in advance on Patreon
  • Beautiful and cute illustrations of Yui and Airi
  • Read my other 2 novels - Picking up Beautiful Girls in a zombie apocalypse
    Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark
6