Chapter 10: Birthday Gift for the fiancee (Part 2)
369 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arawi Kenji:

   

    It took me 2 hours to decide what to buy... and in the end I took a gamble... a big gamble you can say. If she likes it then fantastic but if she doesn't like it, it would be embarrassing as hell.

   I returned home at 6 P.M. When I opened the door, I got an unusual feeling. I didn't hear "Welcome home" from Amano-san. She was in the kitchen, cooking.

   "I'm back!"

   "......."

   Still no answer....

   I looked inside the kitchen. She was indeed cooking. Why was she ignoring me? 

   "Amano-san... I'm back!", I once again announced with a smile.

   "........ welcome."

   "......."

   Now that really seems off. She seems to be in a very bad mood for some reasons. 

    While eating dinner, she again remained quiet for all the time. What is the matter? Did I do something? I really don't think so...

   "Once again the dinner is very delicious, Amano-san!"

   "......"

   "Umm... Amano-san... did something happen?"

   "......no."

   So something did happen... but how could I know if she doesn't want to tell me? She is looking really sad...

   "Rin was...."

   "Hm?"

    Amano-san began to say something but stopped. Then she took a deep breath and once again said,

   "Rin was happy today. She told me that Shinji-san scored 2 goals today."

   "Oh yeah. Tanaka really won the game today. Tanaka also said that it was all thanks to Sakura's prayer which caused Sakura to almost faint in love haha..."

   She again became quiet. What happened now? She is really looking depressed. 

   "Wouldn't people get jealous of Shinji-san?", she asked.

   "Huh? Why would they get jealous of Tanaka?"

   "I mean Rin is the most beautiful girl of the class. And she only likes Shinji-san. It may cause jealousy..."

    "Now you said that... Sakura indeed is really beautiful."

   I mean she is beautiful, but also an idiot, which makes her perfect fit for Tanaka, who is dense as f*ck. A dense guy and a dumb girl. What a cute story...

    Suddenly Amano-san stood up without finishing her meal and started to wash her plates!

   "Eh? Amano-san, you didn't finish your meal?"

   "Who cares..."

   Oh god... she is looking really mad now for some reasons. I don't get what happened to her today...

    After dinner, I sat on the sofa with my bag. I wanted to give the gift to her right now. While she was going to the bedroom, I stopped her.

   "Amano-san! Please sit here for a minute."

   "Don't want to."

   "Eh?... hey Amano-san..."

   I somehow made her sit on the sofa. Jeez, what has actually happened to her? I'm really worried now. However she looked cute while pouting.

   "Amano-san... are you sure nothing happened?"

   ".....", she continued to pout.

    She isn't going to tell me anything, right? I gave up and opened my bag and picked a large packet from inside. 

   "I hope this changes your mood..."

    "Eh? This is..."

    "This is a pack of sweets. You like sweets right?"

    Her mad face turned into a curious one. She took the packet and looked at me in confusion. I then picked another small box wrapped with ribbons from my bag and handed it to her.

    "Arawi-san... it's...."

    "Just open it. I hope you would like it."

    She slowly tore the ribbons and opened the box.

   "A wrist watch?"

   "Yeah did you like it? Otherwise I would buy another one next day."

   "No I like it. It's really cute and looks like expensive."

   "It's not that expensive. I just used my monthly pocket money on it."

   "T-Then it's definitely expensive! But why all this?!"

   "I knew you would not remember... but it's your birthday, right? Happy Birthday!"

    ".... Eh?! Today is?! So that's why..."

    "I wanted to buy a cake too. But the cake shop was closed. So I could only buy sweets. Sorry for that."

    "N-No that's not the issue. So that's why you asked Rin about gifts huh? And I thought..."

    "Hm? Sorry what did you say? I didn't hear you."

    "N-Nothing..."

     She continued to look at the gifts in daze. However I'm not done yet. I have one more gift to give her. However I'm really embarrassed about it...

    I got the suggestion of giving that gift from a light novel. Her favourite light novel 'My neighbour angel'. However I'm not sure she would like it or not. I would die out of embarrassment if she hated it.

    That gift was not in my bag. I brought it in a different plastic bag. I handed that plastic bag to her.

   "Eh? What is this now?"

   "It's for you. But please open it alone inside your room. Not in front of me."

   "Ah okay... but to think Arawi-san did so much for me.... it's completely unfair..."

    All of a sudden, tears started to flow from her eyes. What the hell? I did all of this so you could be smiling and here you're crying?!

   "Since we started living together, Arawi-san has always been kind to me while I have done nothing for him."

   "What are you saying?! When I lived alone, I couldn't eat anything healthy. Amano-san saved me by cooking the best food in the world. My home was a mess. Amano-san made it clean. Amano-san helps me with my studies. In truth, Amano-san makes my life easier. Also Amano-san always brightens my mood with her smile!"

     "......"

     Oh crap I forgot to push the brakes! I said too much. And Amano-san... her tears have clearly stopped. But her face is completely red. For the first time I saw her blushing that much.

     "I-I think I should g-go to my room."

     "Y-Yeah I also should t-turn on the TV. Upcoming match is Barcelona vs Valencia."

    Within a few seconds, she entered her room and shut the door. I became a little lonely but it's honestly fine. It was too embarrassing to stay together at that moment.

    Suddenly she opened the door again.

    "Arawi-san..."

    "Hm?"

     "Good night ~", and she shut the door.

     Fatal Attack... 

     Damn that almost killed me. It's unfair that girls have this power to kill guys. 

    

Amano Suiren:

    I'm sorry Arawi-san, but you attacked me first with your words. I had to pay you back for that. 

   Seriously, how could he tell those words...?

    Don't tell me, he said this words to other girls before?!

    No no no no.... 

    There's no way he said that to other girls... yeah that should be it! I hope so... I hope so...

    My heart is really beating fast... for the first time I felt this happy. It's all because of Arawi-san. 

    Ah... that big bag he gave! I slowly unzipped it and saw what was inside it.

    A stuffed toy?

    It was a big and cute cat shaped stuffed toy... 

    I know I'm in high school right now...

   But it's very soft and freaking cute...

    I hugged it tightly and lied down on the bed. I don't think I deserve this much happiness.

   "Thank you.... Arawi-san."

    

[To be continued]

15