Chapter 12: The Final (Part 1)
316 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.



Arawi Kenji:

   "What's the prediction, Kenji?", asked Tanaka.

   "They won 6-1 in the QF and 7-1 in the SF. I would say 9-1 today.", I replied.

   "You are optimistic about us. I would say 9-0.", Kouta added.

   There's only a few minutes left for the final to begin. The Class A players are warming up on the field including Yoshida. At this moment we were having a laugh just to ease the tension.

   The atmosphere is amazing... for Class A of course...

   The school ground is completely filled with students, teachers and even outsiders. Those who can't watch the game from here, are gathering near the windows of the upper floors of rhe school building. In short, this almost seems like a stadium. 

   And believe it or not, almost all of them are supporting Class A. They are chanting Yoshida's name as if he is a superstar (probably he is). This is heaven for them, but hell for us. We are doomed to fail. It's like we are the bad guys.

   Only in one corner of the ground, there are a bunch of students of our class, who are our supporters. They are basically some boys of our class and 3 girls... Anjou, Sakura... and Amano-san

   So the supporters percentage: 95% Class A - 5% Class F.

   I was a little surprised when Amano-san decided to come to the match. She usually doesn't like soccer and that's why she rarely watch any kind of soccer match. However she is here today. 

   "Tanaka-kun!!", Sakura screamed her lungs out to be noticed in this noisy atmosphere. 

   "What?"

   "Don't worry we are with you! Let's smash them!"

   How could this girl still get such confidence? 

   Nuku, who plays as a midfielder, came to me and said,

   "You're quite lucky, Arawi."

   "Eh? Why?"

   "You're not playing today. Those who are playing, including me, are going to get f*cking embarrassed."

   I can't argue with that. RIP to our players....

Amano Suiren:

   "I thought you don't like watching soccer, Amano?", Anjou-san asked me.

   "Well Rin forced me to come today. As our class were in the final, I also thought of watching this game for once."

   "Yeah it's the final so everyone of us should support our team right, Sui-chan?", Rin hugged from the back and said. She calls me 'Sui-chan' which is a little annoying but I don't hate it.

    Almost all the crowd seemed to be supporting the opponent. This atmosphere is too bias. I eventually found Arawi-san. He was sitting with his teammates near the touchline. I would love to watch him play. However he said he wouldn't play today. I even wanted to wish him good luck but it would generate suspicion from others.

   "Hey Sui-chan~~ which player do you think is the cutest?"

   ".... Arawi-san...."

   "Yea th--- Eh?"

   "Huh?"

   "Oh no no that's not---"

   Both Rin and Anjou-san were looking at me like they saw a ghost. I could only blame myself for speaking my mind.

   "Arawi? I mean his looks are not bad... but cutest? Are you perhaps sick, Sui-chan?"

   "Yeah you should go to infirmary, Amano."

   "THAT'S NOT IT! And aren't you all too rude to talk like this? It's not possible to have an unpopular opinion?"

   "I'm sorry Sui-chan, but I didn't really know you would find Arawi cute."

   Why? Can't I find Arawi-san be cute? What's wrong with all of them?

   

Arawi Kenji:  

   I don't know why but I'm having a bad feeling. The match is about to start. The referee is our PT teacher who also have a small microphone attached on his face, so that he can be heard in this noisy atmosphere. 

   I know we are going to get battered. But at least we should start well... yeah start well... please don't panic, my friends...

    Whistle 

    The match begins... and yeah we are doing quite well. Good. No real problems till now...

    "🎙: GOAL FOR CLASS A. Yoshida shoots from long range. It hits the goalkeeper but it deflects into the goal. Class A 1-0 Class F after 2 minutes."

    Okay... I take back my optimism. This is going to be a f*cking disaster...

   "🎙: RED CARD for Akira (Class F player). A stupid tackle by him injured a Class A player. So Class F are down to 10 men after just 3 minutes. "

    You're having a laugh! It was already bad enough and now with one player less, they are going to score 20 goals against us....

    At least it can't get any worse...

    "Oi Kenji!"

    "Hm? What happened Kouta?"

    "Get changed."

    "Huh? Why?"

    "I think Sewashi is injured..."

    Eh? Oh now I see that, he is holding his right leg. Maybe he pulled a muscle there. What a terrible first 5 minutes! First a goal down, then a red card and then our goalkeeper injured...

   Eh... wait a minute.... Sewashi is injured... that means...

    "What are you thinking Kenji? Come on the field! Sewashi can't play anymore."

   "......"

   I looked straight at Kouta. Then I looked straight at Sewashi. Then I looked straight at the sky.

    God... kill me...

 [To be continued]

    

14