Chapter 15: Blood
348 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuyue managed to hobble back to her dorm before collapsing on the straw mattress. Even though the pills had managed to heal her back to a normally perfect state she still used quite a bit of her vitality to defend against blood-skin bear strike.

Her skin was pale and clammy.

Falling into a deep sleep Yuyue was surrounded by murky darkness.

She found herself put into a dream-like plane, surrounded by darkness.

In front of her, she saw a man. Although the man was human, his skin was a deep red, like it had been dyed in blood.

Along his body was scars and his body was covered in wounds.

The man did not move but as Yuyue moved closer to the body she heard a booming voice in her head.

It was a voice that was far more ancient than any voice she had ever heard.

“Greetings, little one.”

Yuyue felt herself pausing at the voice.

“Who… are you? respected senior.”

She heard a chuckle.

“Heh, senior? I’ve been called many things, but I’ve never been called that before.”

Yuyue frowned. She turned towards the body and bowed.

“Then may I ask for senior’s name! You must have unfathomable talent and skill to have so much power”

“Power? Talent? Perhaps at one point, now I’m nothing more than a fading soul fragment hiding inside their own weapon.”

The voice seemed to sigh; it was a sigh filled with incomparable longing. Yuyue felt moved at the sigh, it was filled with a sense of pain that was near indescribable. Yuyue had felt a similar sort of pain after being cast aside by Ji Ruo, but this pain was far deeper, it seemed to cut into the soul.

“It’s been so long I’ve forgotten my own name, you seem young and your cultivation low. I have no inheritance to give you. If you wish I will erase this remaining bit of soul. I only wished to see the new owner of my old partner.”

The figure of the man began to fade, and Yuyue began to panic, even without an inheritance a soul like this must have incredible experiences that could help her along her cultivation path.

“Senior! I do not wish to see you leave so pitifully! Please at least allow me to take revenge for senior.”

The figure in front of Yuyue stopped fading. Although it had been motionless before, it now began to shake.

“Ha…Hahaha!”

“Take revenge? I’m sorry little one, you are far from being able to do so.” The voice said the tone was mocking, it obviously didn’t see Yuyue as anything more than a passing fancy.

“This one seeks to reach the heights of cultivation and will definitely carry out seniors’ revenge!”

Yuyue shouted with her entire being, this was the truth of her martial heart and the core of her path.

The voice seemed to pause as it heard her voice.

“Mhmm, your heart is pure. Let me ask you little one, are you willing? The path of cultivation is both harsh and fierce, a life as a mediocre disciple is still more comfortable than the effort to stand at the peak of the universe.”

“I am willing senior! I don’t need any inheritance from you, I will achieve this on my own!” Yuyue said without a shred of doubt in her mind.

“Ah, it’s good to be hot-blooded as a youth isn’t it? I must admit you’ve amused me, this one’s soul only has around 100 years before it fades away completely. I might as well watch you for some entertainment, do not disappoint me.”

The connection in Yuyue’s mind began to fade, and she began to panic once more. Although she had prevented the soul from erasing itself, it had not given her any useful information.

“Senior! may I ask how to use your sword!”

“With enough blood, the blood dao will cut any path, now begone and let me rest! I have already overexerted myself for today…”

The voice faded and Yuyue found herself being forced out of the spiritual plane.

She awoke peacefully with her sword next to her. As she picked it up, it appeared to be slumbering.

Removing the sword from the scabbard she had created she observed the blade. There were incomprehensible patterns. There was rust in several places, it was formed from the blood it had cleaved in the past and although Yuyue had tried to clean the blade, the rust was impossible to remove.

Yuyue felt herself clutching the sword. Her talent was mediocre, she had nothing to her name, and the talisman she had was nothing more than a trinket that could save her from a single strike.

But this sword, as Yuyue held it, she realized it was priceless.

She once again repeated the words she had told the sword earlier.

“Even if the world goes against you, I will not cast you off…”

For a moment, the sword seemed to flare up with energy, an energy that was filled with the sensation of massacre and bloodshed, but then it quieted again, reverting back to its slumbering state as if nothing had happened.

 

Once again got busy yesterday and forgot to post, will post another chapter tonight.

27