Chapter 16: Hunts
304 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking the advice of the blade Yuyue began to sweep the entire Fog Woods sect of all its creatures.

The man had told her to feed the sword blood and she was indiscriminate in that regard. Any beast in the sect whether it flew, swum, or walked was killed without mercy.

Yuyue had grown up in a hunting village, after all, it could be said that her knowledge of hunting techniques was the best in the sect.

She had long stopped taking count of the number of beasts she had killed instead of opting to measure based on the color of the blade.

With each beast it ate, the blade would grow a darker color. Although Yuyue was sure that she had filled the blade with enough blood to fill 10 barrels or so, the color had begun to slow down with how much it darkened.

She bathed the blade in the blood of stone-skin voles to find the color darken once more.

Using this experiment, she came to the conclusion to make the blood blade more powerful she needed more powerful beasts to kill.

Yuyue had not yet killed any humans with her blade. Although she was willing to indiscriminately murder the fauna of the Fog Woods sect she wasn’t quite mentally prepared to take the life of another.

It was also not possible for her, while fights were expected in the sect, killing another disciple would be punished heavily.

Yuyue didn’t have the power to resist the sect yet, she was still only a first step, qi cultivator. To be able to resist the leader of the sect, she would have to be stronger than the peak stage of body purification.

Yuyue simply did not have the capabilities to reach that point, and she was still put off by the thought of killing another human.

She heard a rustle behind her back as she was wiping her blade. Blood had begun to collect on the sword now, it wasn’t sated, rather it was being more selective with the type of blood it ate.

Yuyue looked around the forest to see if there was anything stalking her.

At a first glance she didn’t see anything. Yuyue didn’t have a particularly strong sense. Her Qi was still lacking and didn’t have the range to scout very far.

Although she had made great strides with contribution points in the past few days she still wasn’t able to reach the necessary amount to take the pill the Haotian and Tao Xiulan had given her.

Yuyue saw the underbrush wriggle and she instantly jumped up wielding the sword in front of her.

She was shocked to see the ground in front of her, begin to rumble. Jumping back she saw a glint of a shell.

“A jade skin tortoise!”

Jade skin tortoises ate minerals in the ground, so it was natural for them to burrow in the ground, and exit the ground to digest their meals. Although Yuyue was surprised that one was exiting the ground right in front of her.

They were much more careful their speed was lower than average, and they would be overburdened from eating so many raw materials.

She felt herself trembling at the lucky chance she had just been given.

The tortoise was smaller than the average tortoise, it must’ve been a juvenile who hadn’t had a run-in with a major predator yet.

As its head peaked out from the dirt and it saw Yuyue, the tortoise roared.

Yuyue had weak cultivation. For the tortoise, it thought the roar was sufficient to scare her away.

Normally, this would be enough, but little did the tortoise knows the terrifying sharpness of Yuyue’s sword.

Yuyue gave a slash toward the tortoise's head

CLANG!

In an instant, the tortoise shrunk Its head inside its body and Yuyue now found that the tortoise had become an impenetrable fortress.

Even with the sharpness of the sword she had in hand, she was still unable to pierce the shell of the tortoise.

Rather, it could be said the sword was sharp enough, but Yuyue was not strong enough to wield it. Although she was able to nick the shell with her blade, she lack the strength to cut through the shell.

Yuyue sat in front of the shell, hoping the tortoise might poke its head out but it stubbornly remained inside its shell not allowing her the slightest moment to attack it.

The tortoise was happy to remain in such a position. It had just eaten a large meal and was busy digesting it.

Yuyue on the other hand didn’t have the luxury of waiting for the tortoise to leave.

In her frustration, she had tried to pry the blade in the gaps in the turtle armor but it was nearly impossible, at best she had been able to provoke a small response before the turtle tightened up even further, not allowing her a single bit of space to poke her sword into.

Yuyue found herself truly stuck. Even though the tortoise was finally in front of her she was unable to slay it and reap contribution points. It was like being starved and chained to a chair while a delectable feast was placed in front of you.

In her frustration, she called toward the blade

“Senior! Help this junior out, the shell of thine enemy is too hard to penetrate.”

Yuyue didn’t expect a response, rather she was airing her frustration, but to her surprise, she heard a voice in her head.

“Release the seal, you dolt!”

Yuyue is kind of a ditz at times. Also I know I owe you all 2 more chapters I will try to post tomorrow

26