Chapter 55
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 In the end, Erin had sided with him. Now, they were in a dingy motel as Andrew worked his magic. To everyone else, they would appear different. Erin would be taller and his hair would be blonde, his eyes a deep shade of green. Sort of like Daphne’s twin, Andrew supposed, as he made sure not to make their new noses too similar.

Andrew would have dark hair, a deep dark brown, and his eyes would be brown, too. He gave himself high cheekbones, instead of his old ones. And he made his eyelashes long and lush. His new mouth was heart shaped, and he had a beauty spot under his right eye.

They were looking at each other in the mirror, which showed them their fabricated faces, as Erin huffed.

“I look like a jail bait, and you like a rich spoiled kid,” complained the vampire, and Andrew gave their false reflection one last look.

“Definitely not what anyone would expect,” he said, and then collected his things. “We can’t contact Daphne or Adam.”

“No, we can’t,” agreed Erin. It was too dangerous.

“Do you think they will pronounce us dead?” Asked Andrew. He had left the new antique shop to Hugo and Valerie in a will. But, he wouldn’t put it pass the agency to try to liquidate it.

“They have no other choice,” said Erin. He looked down at the rings on their fingers. “Those have to go. Daphne and Adam know how they look.”

“No, the one you are wearing belonged to my mother!” Protested Andrew, but Erin leveled him with a look.

“I didn’t say to leave them here. But, we can’t wear them. Can you send them to a different dimension or something?” Andrew took off his ring and placed a concealing spell on it.

“Did you zap it somewhere?” Asked Erin, looking around for the ring.

“No, I just made it so that no one could see it, bar me. Come on, give me yours,” Erin reluctantly got his ring off and handed it to Andrew. Andrew repeated the spell and placed the two rings in the suitcase with the money.

“We need to change,” said Erin. They had to both wear some of Andrew’s clothes. Erin’s simply did not fit properly around his new illusion. When they were dressed, Erin went next to Andrew and placed a hand over the man’s head.

“We are the same high now,” he was staring in the mirror and smiling in self-satisfaction.

“When we take down the last remnants of the agency, things will be back to what they were, before,” stated Andrew and Erin groaned.

“I like being tall,” all of Erin’s life he had been short. As he had been malnourished as a child, that had been to be expected. He rather liked his new look, apart from the coloring. “How come I couldn’t be a brunette, too?”

“We can’t let them see who we are,” said Andrew, and he picked his suitcase, which was much bigger than Erin’s.

“So, how are we going to do this?” Asked Erin, turning to face Andrew.

“We are going to play the waiting game. Surely, all the non-humans are tired of being hunted. And, most, if not all, of them are killers. What if we let them hunt the agency? With your scrying and my concealing, we can do hit-and-run tactics,” Erin nodded. It sounded possible, but, they needed a power base.

“I can try to find Edward. What are the odds that he is still in Fort Piers?” Andrew mulled over the question.

“His house looked like too big of an investment to just leave it. And, such houses are never given for rent,” Erin nodded. Yes, they could go to Fort Piers. No one will expect it of them. After all, Fort Piers was just the sight of a case. Nothing more.

   “You know where they won’t search for us? Las Vegas,” Andrew began shaking his head, but Erin raised a finger to silence him. “Hear me out. We can get married in one of those quick ceremonies. I mean, it is less than what we deserve, and, Daphne is going to kill us for robbing her of the honor of becoming a bridesmaid, but, with the risk we will take, can we really wait?”

“I suppose we can’t,” said Andrew, a small smile playing on his lips. “Come over here, hubby.”

Erin all but jogged to Andrew and wrapped his arms around the ginger. His eyes could still see his Andrew and not the illusion, and he was happy for that. They kissed and Erin wanted them to try out the bed, if him scooping up Andrew up and moving around the bed was any indication, but Andrew lightly swatted his arm.

“Not here. We need new papers, and we need a place to stay. What are the odds that we will find a vampire in the sewers that knows where we can find someone to make us fake everything?” Asked Andrew. Erin scrunched up his nose at that. He had not gone to sewers in months, and he hadn’t missed the experience.

“Big,” answered Erin, and he set Andrew down. They collected their things, making sure to throw their former clothes underneath the bed, and they left. The receptionist on the front desk paid them no mind, and they hailed a taxi to take them to the outskirts of New Orleans.

Thereafter, they went on foot back inside and found the entrance of the sewers after half an hour of searching. Getting in, Erin scried the area to see if there was someone humanoid inside the tunnels.

Finding a woman, they walked in her direction. She was young, but, Erin had told Andrew enroute that she was a vampire. So, neither of them could guess her real age.

“We require papers,” said Erin. He pulled out a hundred dollar note and handed it to the woman. “Please take us to the person who makes them.”

The woman pocketed the note and stood.

“New, eh? What is he, he has a heartbeat, but he doesn’t smell human,” Erin pulled out another one hundred note.

“Don’t ask questions, and we will get along just fine,” he said, and the woman shrugged. Then, she began leading them through the sewer tunnels.  

1