Red Zone
266 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noah's pov

Emma, Mia, and I continued with the same routine for a few more months where I learned most of the things, I needed to know during this time Liana was the only one that visited us since Leonel was in some training camps almost all day, during one of these visits Liana said something that affected Emma and Mia a lot.

 

"I already found another member for the team so in 3 days we will leave for a new mission and before you try to ask Noah cannot come, he will have to stay alone for some time" (Liana).

 

"I object!" (Emma)

 

"There is no other option" (Liana).

 

"Then we'll leave the team and stay in the city" (Mia).

 

"You know it's not that easy, you two are rank 3 and the organization won't let you get off that easy" (Liana)

 

"I don't think you should leave your current job just because of me" (Noah).

 

 "Listen to the kid you are being irrational" (Liana).

 

"B-but...." (Emma)

 

"Okay, but if the mission lasts more than a week we're going back, team or no team" (Mia).

 

"We'll find a way to fix that, meanwhile get your stuff ready I'll let you know when we're leaving" (Liana).

 

Leaving those last words Liana left the house.

 

"Are you trying to drive us away dear?" (Mia)

 

Behind me, I could feel Emma and Mia's intense stares. Besides, they are kind of right since during all the time I lived with them most of the time they spent hugging me so I needed some space, and then going on a mission is the best opportunity, of course, I'm not going to tell them I don't want to bother them more than they already are.

 

"N-No it's just that if you guys didn't have jobs, we couldn't still have a home to spend time together."(Noah)

 

"Honey don't say such embarrassing things" (Emma).

 

"You seem to know how to please us hehe, although I wish you would please us in other ways..."(Mia).

 

I clearly understood the double meaning of what she said at the end, but I pretended I didn't understand anything because one thing I learned during this time is that if I gave either of them the chance they would jump right in and try to take my innocence.

 

The next 3 days we spent together walking around the city and spoiling both sisters of course hiding the fact that we were a couple I didn't want to start any strange rumors. The day of their departure came before we knew it and although reluctantly both Sisters left without first leaving me a few rules.

 

"Remember Noah you can go out as much as you want during this time, but don't try to trick us because even if we're not around we're going to find out" (Mia).

 

"Also take this card, with this you can buy whatever you want like clothes for us or gifts for us" (Emma).

 

With Emma's very unsubtle speech they both left leaving me alone, as it was still morning, I went out to explore the city as before I couldn't go very far with the one-hour limit, but now I am free to go wherever I want.

 

Walking through a park, shopping mall, and other places that did not call much attention to me, and because I was covered with my disguise attempt I did not call attention, it was already dusk when I realized that I had walked into a strange area as some bright signs adorned many locals and there was a lot of noise all over the place, I had a slight idea of where it might be but as I had not entered any local I was not sure but when I turned a corner my assumptions came true as there was a local larger than the rest where there was a huge sign that said Brothel and several women of different races walking with little clothing by the entrance attracting the attention of men and some other women.

 

I had arrived in the red-light district of the city unintentionally, but taking advantage of the fact that I was already here I was going to take a look around avoiding the big brothel so as not to attract attention. While walking I heard a commotion in a nearby alley so I approached to investigate, as I approached, I heard that the noise was coming from the other side of a door from which people were entering and leaving as if nothing so I entered pretending that it was something natural.

 

I followed the noise and arrived at a subway arena where a large number of people watched as a beast 3 meters high and 5 meters long covered with scales and spitting fire fought against a man with features like a tiger that used only his fists to fight, I had already investigated several beasts and this one I remember was called Draco a minor species of dragon that does not fly. One thing I had also learned was that in this world, apart from the abyssals, there were also wild beasts.

 

I got closer to observe the fight, although the tiger man did not use weapons, he had great strength and was gaining ground on the Draco, when the Draco used his fire breath to attack the tiger man rolled directly towards the Draco and hit him in the jaw making him stop, so it took a few minutes until the Draco fell defeated to the ground and the tiger man raised his arms as a sign of pride.

 

When the beast and the man left the stage another beast appeared, but this time it was a very large snake of 15 meters that coiled around the arena in the middle of the arena a gate opened, and out of it came a woman who had praying mantis sickles in her hands so I guessed that was her species, the fight lasted a while, but the woman tore the snake apart and bowed to the audience as she left.

 

This happened several times with other beasts and their opponents were almost always the beasts lost and although I felt a little reluctance to see the death of these incredible creatures, I could also see them up close since it is not the same to see one in truth than to read about it in a book.

 

When all the fighting was over the people left and I also left because I looked around and it was already midnight, while I was already at the edges of the red zone 2 men with the face of gangsters crossed my path, One was very pale and emaciated and also gave off an ugly smell I think his race was ghouls of course not all of them looked like that but if they were careless they would get to that point and the other one was burly with fur coming out of many parts of his body I guessed he was of some feline race but I didn't care to know which one.

 

"Kid you know it's dangerous walking around here late at night, but we're good people if you give us some of your stuff, we'll escort you" (Thug 1).

 

"Yeah, listen to him kid you don't know what lunatics you might run into" (Thug 2).

 

They were just two guys trying to steal stupidly so I didn't pay attention to them I just kept walking as if nothing and when they turned to see me, I had already created two swords and cut off one of their legs each, I didn't even stop to look at them I just kept walking while listening to their moans of pain, I was already very sleepy and I didn't want to stop to try to talk to them.

 

I got home and went straight to bed I still have a developing body it is very hard to stay awake until late at night. Besides, I felt calm after cutting those guys off I guess I just released stress.

8