Getting ready
226 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noah's pov

After escaping through the sewers, I was floating with the debris until I found a way out, I had already regenerated the limbs I was missing so it was a simple task to get out, when I uncovered the manhole cover, I was out of the red zone so I ran all the way home.

 

When I arrived the first thing I did was get in the shower as it stank horrible, as I was taking a bath I thought about how I was going to fix the problem I got myself into, Miriam knew who I was and most likely also where I live, I hope she thinks I died and was swept away by the current that would give me some time to think of a plan, but what I am sure of is that I have to fix this situation before the sisters come back.

 

I went to sleep hoping that they won't come tonight.

 

Miriam's pov

(BEFORE HER MEETING WITH NOAH)

During these days I have been receiving many warnings of a hooded man hurting some of my subordinates, I could not have cared less as this is a dangerous area and everyone looks out for themselves but the problem is that crime syndicates from other places think we are weak if some stranger starts doing whatever he wants.

 

I sent some of my guys to kill him but the same thing kept happening so I sent one of my spies to find out why he was doing what he was doing and what they found out was that he was a human, starting with that information it was easy to know everything about him since there was only one human in the city, I would have gone for the method of eliminating the people closest to him but there were several drawbacks to this, first is that he had a strong relationship with members of an elimination team and trying to kill them would put us against the local government.

 

Another problem is that he lives with two lamias, one a rank 3 which is easy for me who has rank 4 but the other sister is also a rank 4 and I don't want to get into a fight that I am not sure I will win.

 

In the following days, I kept receiving reports of what he was doing and little by little I became more and more interested in his life to the point where I started spying on him when he passed through the red zone.

 

One day I was tired of seeing him from afar and I asked my special team to give him an invitation, I wasn't sure if he would accept, but of my luck, I didn't have to force him to come and he came on his own, I told Aristan to bring him to my room.

 

I waited for him and when I saw him come in, I couldn't avoid catching him in my nets, from the deepest part of my being I felt a primitive urge to mate with him and devour him completely, my species is well known for devouring their mates even long before consummating the act, maybe for that reason, there are not many of us left.

 

Everything was going so well between us, I felt a very special connection, but somehow he got a weapon with his strange ability that we had not been able to decipher so I had to punish him, but when I saw his leg I could not avoid eating it so I got distracted and he jumped out the window and when I thought I had caught him the insane man cut his arm off I was going to jump after him but when I saw his severed arm I had to eat it and it was an indescribable sensation.

 

When I recovered from my ecstasy, I went out to look for him but I couldn't find him anywhere, I followed the trail of his blood which led me to the sewer, and seeing the wounds he was with I don't think he will survive, but still his body alone is a delight that I am not willing to let go.

 

"ARISTAN!" (Miriam).

 

"Yes Madam" (Aristan).                

 

"Take a group to the sewers and search for his corpse and if for some reason he is still alive bring him back without killing him" (Miriam).

 

"It will be done as you command Madam" (Aristan).

 

I'll look forward to tasting your taste again Noah…

 

Noah's pov

 

I woke up dejected because now I couldn't go to the red zone anymore until I fix my problems, but I already have a plan of action.

 

The first thing I could understand is that I am not Miriam's rival yet she must be a rank 3 or more likely a rank 4, I have no measurement yet, but from what I can guess with my strength and my skills I could fight a rank 3 so a confrontation is not an option.

 

I change into the same dirty clothes from yesterday and head to the sewers because I can assume from Miriam's size, she wouldn't go in there herself and send her minions, I don't think she would send just anyone to that place so hopefully, it's someone important I can get information out of.

 

With those thoughts, I got into the sewer and started to move around the place, after a few hours of walking among rats and debris I heard some footsteps in the distance so I just covered myself with garbage pretending to be a corpse, and didn't forget to hide the limbs that were supposed to be missing.

 

"Yuck boss, this place smells awful because we have to come looking for a corpse that the rats should have eaten by now" (Subordinate 1).

 

"Damn asshole you shouldn't question Madam Miriam's orders you're lucky she needs you to search or she would have killed you by now" (Aristan).

 

"Look boss over there is something, it looks like a corpse" (Subordinate 2).

 

"Oh, we found it at last!" (Aristan)

 

I felt the 3 of them approach and one started to pull me by the arm, pulling me out of the pile of garbage I was in.

 

"Boss there's something weird, aren't you supposed to be missing an arm and a leg?"(Subordinate 1).

 

Before they could react, I created a halberd with which I pierced the head of one of the subordinates and with the blade, I cut the head of the other when I was about to hit Aristan he stopped me with the tip of his rifle.

 

"So, you still had more hidden skills you idiot, those wounds Madam gave you were lethal, but here you are still alive and kicking, when I take you to her, I will have a lot of points in my favor" (Aristan).

 

"It's interesting how even after seeing how I killed two of yours you still think you can kill me" (Noah).

 

"They were mere pawns you can't compare them to me and I think I have the advantage or don't you see my rifle" (Aristan).

 

Aristan used one of his front paws to kick muck at my face so I had to move away and he took advantage of this moment to fire a bullet with spiritual energy that went through my chest and I fell spitting blood on the ground.

 

"Ahh what a disappointment, but I guess I couldn't take him alive well there are no witnesses so it doesn't matter" (Aristan).

 

While he was still distracted, I created 2 swords and slashed his four legs.

 

"Aaaaaaaa, my legs, damn how are you still alive" (Aristan).

 

"You know I could have killed you at any time, but I need information and only you can answer me" (Noah).

 

"You think I'm going to answer any of your questions" (Aristan).

 

"OH, you're going to answer them, but first let's de-stress a little" (Noah).

 

I created two chains with several hooks attached and slowly dragged them close to Aristan.

 

"It's my first-time torturing someone so I hope you'll forgive my inexperience" (Noah).

7