Red Night
208 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noah's pov

 

Aristan told me everything I needed to know after seeing the chains there wasn't even a need to torture him first, but since I was upset with him I did it anyway, stop after I realized he had squeezed too much and broken his neck which disappointed me, but since it was my first-time torturing, I learned a lot.

 

Now the important thing for my plan was to know all the places where Miriam frequented and a list with the names of the members of her organization, so my new course of action will be to visit her members and eliminate them little by little.

 

I left the sewers near my house and went in to bathe and change, when night fell, I went to a street stall where they sold fast food, the attendant was an old man named Isaac with goat horns on his head and although he seemed harmless at first glance, he is a member of an organization that collects information and sells it for a price that is not always money.

 

"Hey, old man how's business?" (Noah).

 

"You know people come and go, but not many want to buy from an old geezer like me" (Isaac).

 

"It's a shame, but I'm always around to buy your products" (Noah).

 

"I know boy you never come in unless it's to buy something" (Isaac).

 

"Well, that's how the stores work you only go when you need them don't you" (Noah).

 

"You're right, so you want the usual?" (Isaac)

 

"Not for today, I need something special" (Noah).

 

I passed him a paper with what I needed: pictures and locations of the names Aristan gave me so I could find them easier.

"You know this is not easy to get and not to mention the previous debt you have" (Isaac).

 

"But I know you can get it and the previous payment thing I did, but you guys wanted me to raise the price" (Noah).

 

"I know, I know, but I can't do anything when the orders come from above and besides you only have to visit her for a moment that doesn't cost you anything" (Isaac).

 

"Last time I went I almost didn't get out of that place alive" (Noah).

 

"Well, it's not my problem you're the one who got her attention, you shouldn't have become a regular customer" (Isaac).

 

"I don't know why I'm arguing with you, you're going to get me what I need yes or no" (Noah).

 

"Of course, you are, we don't discriminate against customers here, but you must already know what the payment is going to be and this time she's not going to stand still and you understand that we always collect debts" (Isaac)

 

"Don't even remind me, but I need it as soon as possible" (Noah).

 

"For your luck, I can give you something in advance" (Isaac).

 

"And what are you waiting for, give it to me" (Noah).

 

"You haven't ordered anything yet sir, I highly recommend this dish, even though it's the most expensive" (Isaac)

 

"You're seriously going to try to do that to me again" (Noah).

 

"I'm sorry sir, but I need to bring food to my home" (Isaac).

 

"Damn it" (Noah)

 

After they scammed me out of all the money, I had collected from the guys in the sewer they finally handed me the information which was of a party where a lot of gangs would be participating and some of those were members of Miriam's organization.

 

Pov third person

 

We could hear loud music from far away and we could see lights in the sky, but the people in the red-light district did not care. It was normal that now and then the gangs would get together to party with alcohol, women, and drugs, nobody in the red-light district liked this because it caused a lot of vandalism and scared the customers.

 

Inside the building where the gangs partied, you could see drunk people on the floor, and women being abused by drugged-up gang members in all this melee of depravity a boy was sitting in a corner talking to a gang member who was barely staying conscious.

 

"I don't like it here; the smell is too strong and no matter where I look, I only see people who don't know how dangerous it is outside the walls" (Noah).

 

"That's just a lie made up by the government so we don't enjoy everything we want" (Junkie).

 

"Shit!!!, you scared me I thought you were dead, you're too skinny, what's your race?" (Noah)

 

"You're in front of a mighty dragon" (Junkie).

 

"Sure, you're a dragon, but instead of wings, you have bull horns and a nose ring" (Noah).

 

"Sorry, but we can't keep talking I have to take care of the gangsters in this place" (Noah).

 

"I don't understand you..." (Junkie)

 

Noah slit the junkie's throat and the people around didn't even realize that one of their own was dead.

For the rest of the night gunshots and screams were heard in the building, but after a few hours they stopped and when the music died down and the lights went out, a lot of women who had been held against their will came out of the building, but none of them called the guards.

 

It wasn't until the first rays of the morning sun came up that a passerby caught a glimpse of countless bodies all over the building and the news spread that the gang party had been a massacre.

 

Some people said that it had been a fight over everything they consumed and ended up killing each other, others said that several abyssals had entered the city and killed everyone in the place, But one rumor was stronger than others because some of the girls said that while everyone was partying a person was walking around the place and when he passed near someone he fell to the ground without moving and when the gang members realized that something bad was happening they began to try to kill the individual but no matter what they did he didn't die and when someone tried to escape he was the next to die.

 

They were scared waiting for their turn, but nothing ever happened and when the last gang member died, the mysterious attacker disappeared. Those who heard the story thought that the girls were traumatized by what happened and did not remember well what had happened after all they did not believe that a single person could kill so many people and besides many of those gang members were affiliated with powerful organizations so even the guards could not do much against them. But the people in the red zone started calling that incident the red night.

 

Noah's pov

 

Yesterday was a very busy night, I don't know how many people I took care of, but it was too many and I may not be tired physically but the mental tiredness I do feel.

 

I don't want to move for today, it's better if I take a break, I still have to wait for them to get the rest of the information.

 

It might have been a good idea to let those girls go, they might give me away, but I'm too tired to think about that right now, it doesn't matter it's going to be trouble for the Noah of the future.

6