Total defeat
190 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaac's pov

(At the same time that the meeting was happening in the mansion)

 

Today is a slow night, no one has come to eat and Noah must be very busy with the gift I gave him luckily, I got a very good extra profit thanks to him, and in a few years, I will be able to retire in some city that is not near the rifts.

 

I hope Noah is discreet with the bomb I gave him or else someone could become a headache and I don't want to deal with her in a few days, since that guy arrived things have been moving in the city many are looking for information on him, we could make a lot of money if it wasn't for her controlling all the guy's information.

 

While I was lost in my thoughts, I heard a loud rumble in the distance followed by a cloud of smoke.

 

"Ahhhh..., I guess this is my fault" (Isaac).

 

*Ring* *Ring*

 

My phone started ringing after a few seconds of the bomb going off, I looked at the screen and it was an encrypted number but I knew who it was.

 

"Hello, boss how are you on this fine evening" (Isaac).

 

"Isaacaaaaaaaaaaac!" (???)

 

"I know you're upset, but I had a very good reason" (Isaac).

 

"And what reason would you have to give someone an explosive and have them blow it up in such a showy place!" (???).

 

I hung up the phone after hearing what she yells at the end, even though she is my boss she must understand that not everything is solved by yelling, and that's why I don't get along well with young people.

 

5 minutes later I received a call again, I waited until the call was lost and when they called back, I answered after 3 rings.

 

"She's calmer now boss" (Isaac).

 

"Just tell me what I need to know before I bother more" (???).

 

"I seem to hear someone being annoying over there..." (Isaac)

 

"Please could you tell me what's going on" (???).

 

"What an understandable boss I have, you see the guy you are obsessed with asked for a lot of information along with an explosive and the payment I agreed with the guy will interest you a lot" (Isaac).

 

"♥Tell me, I hope it's something good♥" (???)

 

"I know you've been wanting the guy to come to visit you for a long time so he's bound to come in 2 days to you and that's not all you have the right to ask him for anything when you meet" (Isaac)

 

"I love that! I always knew you were the best of my informants" (???)

 

"I know, I know, you don't need to remind me" (Isaac).

 

"And by the way, I found out that you've been keeping money for yourself from the profits, you know that's punishable by death, but since you're so good we're just going to take away the funds you have saved so far so good luck, bye" (????)

 

Before I could answer he had already ended the call, I immediately ran to the place where I keep my savings only to realize that there was nothing there and not a penny left in my account either.

 

Maybe if I beg him to give me back at least a little of what I had haha…

 

Noah's pov

I didn't expect the bomb to be so powerful, but looking at the results I think it was worth it.

 

All around me I could see the bodies in pieces of Miriam's special squad and not to mention the mansion, I can't see a single thing that was left intact I hope and hopefully, Miriam died in the explosion.

 

I walked to a place full of dust and dirt and I got my body muddy since tearing me apart also destroyed my clothes and now I was naked. I walked through the destroyed mansion to finish off whoever was still alive and to my surprise I found Number 1 although his condition was more than pitiful, he was impaled on a tree branch with some of his limbs missing and half of his face burned.

 

"Looks like you didn't have the best night" (Noah).

 

"You bastard...how...are you...still...alive" (Number 1).

 

"I've got my tricks, but don't worry about it any way you're already going to die" (Noah).

 

I'm not merciful, but I had to make sure he died if or if so, I cut his head off, I continued on my way through the destroyed area until I came to a thread cocoon that was burnt and with several holes in it.

 

I approached to check inside the cocoon and with a spear, I pierced it several times until it was destroyed, the fire seems to have weakened its hardness.

 

Once the cocoon gave way, I approached only to find that there was nothing inside, I then rolled to the side as fast as I could and noticed that where it had been it was now covered with threads.

 

"Tsk..., looks like I can't make you fall into the same trap twice" (Miriam).

 

 

"Why don't you die, that explosion was pretty big" (Noah).

 

"I have the same question for you, plus you teasing me by coming bareback makes me feel aroused~" (Miriam)

 

"It's annoying to talk to you so if you plan to attack me go ahead and let's get this over with quickly" (Noah).

 

"Because I would want to fight with my fated love, I just want to tie you up and have you all to myself" (Miriam).

 

"Even though I don't normally mind people being possessive, you try to devour me every chance you get" (Noah).

 

"So, you're not against it, I like that~"(Miriam).

 

I felt like this conversation wasn't going anywhere so I jumped straight towards Miriam with a long Katana, Miriam wasn't surprised at all and just jumped back from her arms she sent two threads trying to wrap around me, but with one swing of the katana, I cut the threads.

 

"That weapon is annoying" (Miriam).

 

"You like it, I thought of it especially to be able to cut your threads" (Noah).

 

I kept cutting all the threads he was sending me, but I knew he wasn't going serious since someone of rank 4 had more skills.

 

After a few minutes I managed to get close enough to be able to cut her legs, but she managed to dodge the first cut, but while she was distracted dodging the katana, I created another one in my other hand that was aimed at her head, but before I could connect the attack, she deflected the katana with her spiritual energy weapon which was a much bigger scythe than her.

The speed with which she moved her scythe could match mine with two katana, I could barely defend myself, but every so often she managed to hit me, but she was no longer holding back my healing so the instant her scythe cut me I was already healed.

 

"I don't think we'll get anywhere; you can't hurt me and you seem to be able to heal anything I do to you" (Miriam).

 

Even though she was right if this turned into a battle of attrition sooner or later it would be my victory.

 

In the distance you could hear the sirens of the city guard so we didn't have much time, Miriam attacked me throwing dark cuts with her scythe most likely the element she handles with her spiritual energy, I dodged them without any problem, but she had approached me with her scythe raised I raised my guard to defend myself, but she just grabbed my head and gave me a deep kiss and with her tongue, she provoked my whole mouth.

 

She parted her lips after a while and a trickle of saliva joined our mouths, I snapped out of my stupor and tried to cut her off, but she had already pulled away.

 

"You will have to settle for that for a while dear because you killed almost all the members of my organization, I have to leave town, but don't worry we will meet again" (Miriam).

 

Before I could answer she had already escaped, the sirens could be heard closer so I also escaped from the place, but I felt defeated as if she had gotten what she wanted.

4