4. Candy will be Given to the Crying Child
904 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Imperial Brother left a message.” Lin Xie Ni looked at her younger sister. “He wishes to meet with his nephew and niece.”

Lin Xie Ya’s eyes turned several degrees colder. “I understand.”

“That’s good.” Lin Xie Ni smiled.

At this moment, Lin Xie Ya was not in the mood to care about Lin Xie Ni’s provocation. She was indeed worried that her older brother would kill her son. So far, her son was the only male in the younger generation as her brother didn’t have a son yet.

Thus, she was worried that her brother would try to target her son because he didn’t want to hand the throne over.

Lin Xie Ni looked at the two children. “Feng Quan, Feng Ning. This is the first time I meet you, so I have prepared present for you.”

“Thank you Imperial Aunt.”

The two girls stepped forward and took the red packets from the servant. Feng Ning tucked the red packet away because she knew how impolite it would be to open it here. On the other hand, Feng Quan looked at the red packet as she was debating whether she could open it here now or not.

Feng Ning silently observed her older sister. Feng Quan was five years or so older than her. Right now, she was already 10 years old and had exquisite appearance. Those from the Imperial Family were always very good looking.

That is, after several generations.

“Quan, you can keep it first.” Lin Xie Ya was a bit displeased at her daughter’s reaction.

“Yes, Imperial Mother.”

Lin Xie Ni smiled mirthlessly when she saw the two children. Looking at how different they behaved, she could guess many things but chose not to say anything. “I’ll be going now, Mei Mei.”

“Take care on your way, Jie Jie.”

“I will.”

Lin Xie Ya still sat on her chair before she looked at her two daughters. Her eyes turned a shade colder. “From tomorrow, Teacher Xi will start to teach you the etiquette for palace banquet. I expect you to remember everything before the end of the year.”

“Yes, Imperial Mother.”

“You’re dismissed.”

First time meeting and the result was being despised.

Feng Ning began to wonder how Lin Xie Ya planned to handle the young prince’s twin sister. If Princess Lin Xie Ya still acted so cold like this to the young princess but very warm to the prince, wouldn’t the brat garnered so much hate?

Thinking about that, Feng Ning’s eyes lowered slightly but said nothing.

As they walked out, Feng Quan glared at Feng Ning then walked away. The servants were watching them intently, so she couldn’t do anything. However, it was not far before there was a scream and shouts.

“Miss?” Xiao Yu was looking at the back with confusion.

Feng Ning turned around and showed a concerned and worried expression. “Check on Imperial Sister Quan. I’m worried for her.”

Xiao Yu nodded. “Yes, Miss.”

Standing on her place, Feng Ning could see that Feng Quan tripped on the rock and cried loudly. Her eyes narrowed a bit as she could guess that Feng Quan was trying hard to gain her mother and father’s affection.

At least, in front of others, Lin Xie Ya and Feng Hou Zheng would have no other choice but to play along.

‘The idea itself is not bad. But do you really think that they’ll have good impression of you if you do something like this?’

Feng Ning had already known that Feng Hou Zheng and Lin Xie Ya worked so hard to make children because they wanted their son to become the next emperor. As for the princesses?

They would be married away when they were no longer needed.

Feng Quan wanted to curry favor with them and have them pamper her.

However, Feng Ning had already experienced her previous world’s parents’ pampering. Even if they were not rich back then, it was very warm and comforting.

Compared to this ugly place with power and money placed at the very top, Feng Ning never had any intention of giving out her heart to anyone.

“Miss, First Princess Quan fell down and twist her ankle. Would you like to see her?”

“Can I help her?” Feng Ning asked softly. She then waved her hand. “Send some medicine for Elder Sister. I’ll take a look.”

“Yes, Miss.”

Even though Feng Ning didn’t like to act and put on a pretense, she knew that she would have to put on a mask if she wished to survive. This was not the modern world where she would be able to stay holed in her room and still make a living.

There was no such convenience.

For anything she wanted, she would have to step forward to get it with her own hand.

Watching Feng Quan cried and their parents coaxed her, Feng Ning was watching from a distance with worried expression. However, her heart was cold. She would only act as necessary and made sure that they would not dispose of her so quickly.

That was all she wanted.

As for her future?

Probably she wouldn’t even be able to do anything but to be getting a political marriage later on.

 

After the short episode that challenged one’s acting skill, Feng Ning spent her days quietly. Xiao Yu still gave her some news regarding her older sister’s attempt to attract their parents’ attention. In Xiao Yu’s words, it sounded as if Feng Quan was desperate enough to make sure their parents would never leave her.

“Teacher Xi will teach Miss and First Miss, do you think that you’ll be able to do well, Miss?” Xiao Yu was worried.
Feng Ning raised her head slightly and nodded. She was young and it was obvious that her teacher wouldn’t be as strict to her as she was to her older sister. However, it was unknown what Feng Quan would do.

“Let’s go.”

Because they were going to study together, the two girls gathered in the side hall that had been prepared specifically. Feng Quan was already there and looked at her younger sister as a light flashed within her eyes.

“Jie Jie,” Feng Ning greeted.

Feng Quan nodded. “Mei Mei.”

“Jie Jie, how’s your leg? I heard that it’s quite bad,” Feng Ning took the initiative to ask.

Feng Quan furrowed her eyebrows but she still looked like a gentle and refined young lady. A smile formed naturally on her beautiful place. “Mei Mei shouldn’t worry, my wound is not so serious.”

“I’m glad.” Feng Ning smiled brightly like an innocent young girl.

Seeing how easily Feng Ning expressed her thoughts, disdain flashed within Feng Quan’s eyes. She had learned for a longer period of time with her teacher, so she was better when it came to concealing what she truly felt. Looking at her innocent little sister, Feng Quan’s eyes flashed with ruthlessness.

She didn’t want to share her parents with anyone.

When she was born, her parents’ attention was only her and her alone. But after her sisters and brother came, they no longer paid any attention to her. She had to think of countless ways to turn their attention to her.

“Mei Mei, have you learnt the basic etiquette for banquet? There are several things you have to remember.”

“I haven’t.” Feng Ning’s crystal clear eyes widened but she still put on the same innocent look. However, her heart was watching her older sister with wariness. As she knew that the peace like the past five years would be a pipe dream in the future.

Well. It was not exactly peace… she had to bear with the shame of having other people taking care of her without being able to do anything.

She didn’t want to repeat that.

“In that case, I’ll teach you some basic skills, Mei Mei.” Feng Quan smiled kindly. “If you want to be able to do well, you have to listen to me.”

“Okay~.”

Listening to what Feng Quan said, Feng Ning’s eyes turned cold. She could hear that Feng Quan was saying the opposite of what Teacher Xi said. They should wear glamorous dress so that they could stand out of the rest?

Were they trying to court death?

It would be fine when she was young, but if she did that when she was older, it was clear that the Emperor would pick to kill her first.

“Is that true, Sister?” Feng Ning expressed her doubts.

Feng Quan nodded. She looked at her stupid younger sister and sneered. “Of course, what I said is the truth. When you’re entering a banquet, you have to pick the best dress because it’ll showcase your brilliance.”

“But I’m so small.”

“It doesn’t matter. If you’re already so attractive from young age, there will be a lot of people who pay more attention to you.”

Yeah, in terms of mocking.

Feng Ning didn’t show her real emotion and only looked troubled. She was thinking of making Feng Quan talked until Teacher Xi came here, but would the teacher stop at the door and listen to them.

“That’s…”

“Don’t you trust me, Mei Mei?” Feng Quan smiled brightly, showing the kind sister’s look. However, the eyes she showed was clearly the opposite. It was filled with malicious intent.

For Feng Ning, that gaze was simply unconcealed.

Suddenly…

“Teacher Xi is here.”

The two girls stopped talking and stood at their position, greeting Teacher Xi at the same time. Right now, Teacher Xi’s gaze was exceedingly cold. She looked at Feng Quan.

“I didn’t remember having telling you something like that, Princess Quan.”

Feng Quan was stunned. It was then she realized that Teacher Xi was actually already present outside the room for some time but didn’t come inside. She frantically shook her head.

“No, it’s not like that. Teacher Xi, I’m only saying that Little Sister is very good and should show her brilliance more.”

“Is that so? From the way you spoke, I didn’t get that feeling.” Teacher Xi’s tone was cold. She could see Feng Ning was looking with a confused and dumbfounded expression, making one felt frustrated for the silly young girl. How stupid of her.

Thus, Feng Ning simply listened from the side as Teacher Xi scolded her older sister. All the while, she put on an innocent expression as if she understood nothing and could be fooled by anyone who saw her.

Even though Feng Ning was bad at social interaction, her soul was still that of an adult. She naturally knew how to put on an innocent expression when it was necessary.

 

Mei mei = little sister

Jie Jie = older sister

11