16. Differential Treatment
772 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three servants naturally understood Feng Ning’s request. After five years being unable to speak, Feng Ning had settled on several gestures that would indicate different orders for her servants.

Soon, Feng Ning had dressed up beautifully.

“Princess is very beautiful.” Xiao Yu smiled when she saw that Feng Ning looked beautiful.

Feng Ning stared at the mirror in front of her while Xiao Lu was busy arranging her hair. At first, she didn’t like being served by others, but she had gotten used to it by now. Human’s habit was really scary.

It was hard to change when the habit had been ingrained into their bones.

“It’s done, Your Highness.”

Feng Ning nodded and extended her hand. Xiao Yu helped her to stand up and then accompanied her to the dining location. Looking at the beautifully decorated room, Feng Ning silently wondered whether their mother had such a change of pace because she would no longer need to face Feng Quan’s antics.

For the past five years, Feng Ning had heard about many things that Feng Quan did. If she had to say, she was amazed by how low the IQ Feng Quan had. It was so low that she wondered whether there was a screw loose inside her head.

Even after being reprimanded and heavily punished, Feng Quan was still trying to gain their attention.

Even Feng Ning had thoughts that Feng Quan might be an “M” considering how she still actively seek trouble even after being punished a lot like that. Even when she was bedridden, she could still cause trouble by asking for the best doctor to come and all.

In contrast, Feng Zhu Liu was smarter than Feng Quan. She only attracted their parents’ attention through showing off her talent. She might have inherited Lin Xie Ya’s talent in arts as she progressed speedily.

Every time she made great progress, she would show it to her mother and father through some means.

They would have no other choice but to play along and praise this daughter of theirs.

And her twin brother, Feng Hao Shui, would grits his teeth when he looked at his twin sister. It was all because he was not as accomplished as her. Even though her father was very patient in teaching him, his progress was slow.

His sister was always so smug when she compared their progress.

But Feng Hao Shui would simply said that he was better compared to her since their parent care for him more.

And their quarrel never stopped.

Well, the two of them were still 8 years old, so it seemed normal. But Feng Ning could see that Feng Zhu Liu was slowly trying to scheme against her twin brother. Slowly but surely, made him completely unable to oppress her.

‘What a family.’

Feng Ning reached the table and curtsied.

She’s a mute and everyone had already known that. They simply ignored her and only her father waved his hand to indicate that she could sit down.

“Imperial First Sister, I heard that you’ll get married with Second Young Master Ping,” Feng Zhi Liu said with a sweet smile on her face.

Feng Quan was actually boiling in rage when she heard her father announced her marriage partner. Second Young Master Ping was actually her father’s subordinate who had high position as a minister. The problem was that Second Young Master Ping was actually already 30 years old.

He’s almost twice her age!

And this would be his third marriage since his first two wives had died out of some causes.

Yet, her father thought that it was actually the best option for her.

No matter how many times Feng Quan tried to plead with her father to change her partner, he didn’t budge. It seemed that he was adamant on marrying her to this young master no matter what happened.

“Imperial Third Sister is right. The news must have passed through quite a lot of mouths to be able to reach you so quickly.” Feng Quan squeezed a smile.

Feng Zhu Liu giggled. She naturally knew about Feng Quan’s dissatisfaction, which was why she dared to speak about this. “Everyone is talking about it. Congratulation Imperial First Sister!”

“Thank you, Imperial Third Sister.”

“I’ll be a bit sad that I couldn’t see you for a long time, but I’m sure that Imperial First Sister will be fine. Please pay a visit when you have the time, Imperial First Sister,” Feng Zhu Liu added excitedly.

Feng Quan’s fingers gripped the glass tighter. “I will, Imperial Third Sister.”

At the side, Lin Xie Ya watched the interaction of her two daughters and sneered. This was still rather peaceful compared to what she experienced in the palace when she was younger. At that time, their words were harsher and even if they were born from the same mother, there were no peace at all.

She glanced at her second daughter and felt that having a mute daughter was actually quite good. At the very least, she didn’t have to deal with another mouth who was chattering nonstop with so many nonsenses.

After that thought, Lin Xie Ya didn’t pay any other attention and focused on her meal.

The meal somehow ended well.

Feng Ning was quietly eating while listening to Feng Zhu Liu stabbing Feng Quan with her words countless times. She silently wondered how in the world an 8 years old girl could have such vast vocabulary.

Even she felt ashamed when she thought of her limited choice of words.

‘Well, that should be her talent and determination.’

Feng Zhu Liu wanted to be exceptional while Feng Ning would rather stay low and be unnoticed.

“Rest early, Quan’er. Tomorrow is your big day.” Lin Xie Ya wiped her mouth and looked at her first daughter.

“Yes, Imperial Mother.” Feng Quan curtsied.

Beside Lin Xie Ya, Feng Hao Shui, yawned. He hopped down the table then walked towards Feng Ning. His large eyes were staring at this sister of his that he had almost never met. “Imperial Second Sister, why are you not talking at all?”

Feng Ning looked at her younger brother. She didn’t believe that he didn’t know that she had turned mute. However, she took her book and write to answer him.

“I can’t speak, Imperial Brother.”

“Is that so? How inconvenient.” Feng Hao Shui looked at the clear and calm look in Feng Ning’s eyes. Even though he was trying to provoke this sister of his, she didn’t respond like the other two.

How boring.

“Imperial Mother, I’ll be going back now.”

“Walk carefully, Ah Shui.” Lin Xie Ya looked at her second daughter’s response to her son and furrowed her eyebrows. While she was glad that the girl was not creating any trouble for her son, it felt that there was something wrong.

She just couldn’t pinpoint what it was.

Feng Ning continued to write carefully then showed it to her mother. “Imperial Mother, I would like to excuse myself first. It has gotten late.”

Her words were clear and concise, no longer like the crooked writing back then.

Lin Xie Ya read the words and nodded. “You may go.”

Feng Ning nodded and stood up. She looked at her first sister, who had been walking out of the dinner place in slow pace. She was sure that Feng Quan must have seen her interaction with Feng Hao Shui.

As she had not decreased her pace at all, she soon reached her first sister’s place and also her maidservant.

“Your Highness.” Xiao Yu was being careful as she held Feng Ning’s hand.

Feng Ning silently wrote on Xiao Yu’s hand to give her instruction.

“Don’t you have anything to say to me, Imperial Second Sister?” Feng Quan spat out when she saw that her second sister was ignoring her. This made her thoroughly annoyed as she felt that this second sister was like a recluse.

“Congratulation, Imperial Second Sister,” Xiao Yu said, reading out what Feng Ning wrote in her hand to Feng Quan.

Feng Quan looked at Xiao Yu then at Feng Ning. Seeing how calm and collected Feng Ning was, she snorted. “Don’t you have any temper at all?”

Feng Ning tilted her head and then showed a wry smile. She shook her head and led Xiao Yu away.

Even though it was only an expression without words, it seemed to show helplessness and also acceptance.

Acceptance?

15