31. Princess Lin Mei Ni’s Execution
716 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside her residence, Feng Ning listened to the pieces of news from her servants quietly. Not that she could speak to interrupt either, but she felt that her siblings and cousin were exceptionally stupid.

Feng Zhu Liu was taken by bandits.

It was unknown what her fate was and the most shocking matter was the fact that they found evidences of Princess Lin Mei Ni’s cooperation with the bandits. She was the one who sold her own cousin to them in exchange for some money.

A very stupid move.

Feng Ning had guessed that Princess Lin Mei Ni would try to go against Princess Feng Zhu Liu because of what had happened that day in the palace. With Princess Lin Mei Ni’s reputation in tatters, it would be a miracle if she didn’t try to do anything against the very person who caused it.

But she didn’t expect that Princess Lin Mei Ni would actually contact the bandits and even passed such important information for them.

How foolish of her.

The Emperor wanted to protect his only daughter, but there was nothing he could do in the face of the ministers. He could only give Imperial Edict to execute his own daughter for the crime she had.

And today is the day of Princess Lin Mei Ni’s execution.

“Are you ready?” Prince Lin Zi Xuan looked at his wife, who was considerably smaller compared to him. She looked so small and fragile that he didn’t want to force her to come. “If you don’t want to come, you can stay inside.”

Feng Ning looked at him and wrote on his palm. “I’m fine. Let’s go.”

“Okay.”

An Imperial Family member was executed in public. It has been quite a long time since something like this happened. If not because of Princess Lin Mei Ni’s crime, she would have never been faced with something so gruesome like this.

When Feng Ning arrived, she saw her mother was pleading to the Emperor, saying that her daughter was this and that.

She blinked her eyes.

Her mother was truly an actor. If this had been her previous life, she was sure that Princess Lin Mei Ni would definitely win the Oscar award.

“Come here and don’t move away from me,” Prince Lin Zi Xuan reminded in low voice.

Feng Ning nodded obediently.

She looked at the platform as the soldiers brought Princess Lin Mei Ni out. There were some words exchanged, but Feng Ning didn’t pay any attention to that. What she saw was the ruthless expression in Princess Lin Mei Ni’s face.

If only she didn’t do this, there was still chance for her to live well in the future.

Unfortunately, she chose this path and had to walk through until the very end. The consequences of her action would naturally be something she had sowed in the first place.

How unfortunate.

Slash!

As her cousin was beheaded, Feng Ning closed her eyes. She was not close to any of her family members. But seeing them dying one by one was still not something she liked to see.

“Ning’er, are you alright?”

Feng Ning blinked her eyes and looked up. She could see Prince Lin Zi Xuan was looking at her with a worried expression. She put on a smile and nodded her head lightly.

‘So, my time is also running out, huh?’

Lowering her head, Feng Ning’s eyes flashed with determination. Once the time was ripe, it was time for her to actually finish what she had been planning for so many years.

 

After the execution, the Emperor fell sick. Prince Lin Zi Xuan suddenly gave excuse that he would be staying with his wife in the temple to pray for the Emperor’s health.

Feng Ning merely glanced at her husband but pay no attention to his excuse.

Pray for the Emperor’s health…

It would already be good enough if Prince Lin Zi Xuan didn’t pray for the Emperor’s death. Asking for him to pray for the Emperor’s health would be extremely impossible.

“Ning’er, why are you looking outside continuously?”

Feng Ning turned her head and looked at her husband, who seemed like a lost puppy. She felt at lost. Ever since his return from the bandits’ mission last time, she felt that her husband had changed a lot.

The two of them might still be polite and keep their distance.

But he seemed to like to tease her and used some kind of coquettish tone when he talked to her. It felt like he wanted her to pamper him.

“I rarely went out.”

Prince Lin Zi Xuan nodded. His left hand held his wife’s hand tenderly. Since Feng Ning couldn’t speak, the only way she could convey her thoughts would be through writing. Since it was only the two of them, the fastest method for her to do so would be through writing on his palm.

For some reason, Prince Lin Zi Xuan liked it when his wife wrote on his palm.

Her warm temperature would be transferred to him.

“We’ll be staying in the temple for a few days.” Prince Lin Zi Xuan caressed Feng Ning’s finger tenderly. “If you can’t adapt to eat vegetables diet, I can ask the servants to slip some meat over here.”

Feng Ning smiled lightly, but she shook her head.

It was just vegetables diet.

She was fine with only eating vegetables for so many days.

*shook*

As the carriage shook, Prince Lin Zi Xuan quickly stretched his hand to hug his wife. Feng Ning was startled and didn’t really have time to react. The next thing she knew was that she was within her husband’s embrace.

Her cheek reddened in embarrassment.

“What happened?” Prince Lin Zi Xuan asked in a harsh tone.

“Your Highness, there’s a group of reindeers passing by. We apologized for stopping so suddenly!”

13