45. A Discussion
628 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Ning thought that Lin Zi Xuan would give up.

Or even sent someone to kill her so that there wouldn’t be any trace.

After all, for an ambitious and ruthless person like him, a person like her is worthless. She had only created trouble for him and didn’t even give him any face when he came to ask her coming back personally.

But she was wrong.

The next day, Feng Ning looked at her new neighbor and honestly thought that there was a hole in Lin Zi Xuan’s head. He purchased the empty land beside her house and asked his men to build a house in a single day.

Feng Ning ignored their ruckus and focused on tending in her garden. Since she also had a garden back in the palace, she was proficient to take care of it. It was just that when she moved to the backyard to pull the fertilizer, Lin ZI Xuan came towards her.

“I’ll help you carry it.”

Lin Zi Xuan effortless picked up the large sack.

Feng Ning was speechless. She should have expected that for Lin Zi Xuan, that heavy sack was as light as feather in his opinion.

Watching him walked back to her garden, Feng Ning decided to follow him. She pursed her lips as she watched him put it down and looked at her.

“Ning’er, I’m sorry.”

Feng Ning stayed silent and only looked at him with her large eyes.

In the past, Lin Zi Xuan would think that she didn’t know how to speak, so she could only look at him with her gaze. But now that he knew that she could speak, albeit a bit slow and bad, he knew that she was staring at him because she didn’t want to answer.

“I did have that plan.” Lin Zi Xian felt that speaking to Feng Ning was even harder than leading his soldiers to conquer those places. Back then, he was not even as nervous as he is right now.

“But I changed my mind.”

Feng Ning looked at Lin Zi Xuan.

Is it that easy to change his mind? The mind of an ambitious and ruthless person like him?

Lin Zi Xuan smiled bitterly.

While Feng Ning didn’t say anything to him yet, her gaze had already told him everything he needed to know.

She didn’t trust him.

He himself felt that he wouldn’t be able to believe that he said something like this if it was in the past. After all, he had set himself the goal to conquer the entire Lin Tang Kingdom and to eliminate everyone from Lin Family.

Lin Zi Xuan looked at Feng Ning and smiled faintly. If she couldn’t believe his words, all he could do was to show it to her that he truly meant it. There was no other way and he himself didn’t mind at all.

“Are you angry at me for letting your parents die?”

Angry?

Feng Ning looked at Lin Zi Xuan and tilted her head. She didn’t have much affection towards her so called parents who only knew how to act in front of others and wanted to make use of her as a tool.

Her siblings grew up being competitive against each other and lacked affection the most. She tried to help, but it was not as easy as it looked like. They didn’t even want to let her get close to them at all.

She’s more mature than them.

But it didn’t mean that she was much more capable than them. All she could do was to try protecting herself in this world where all of her action has always been very limited.

“It’s not… your fault.”

Lin Zi Xuan’s eyes flickered as he looked at Feng Ning in front of him. He couldn’t really understand what she was thinking, but he felt relieved that she didn’t blame him.

“They just… reap… what they sow.”

Upon hearing that Feng Zhu Liu was captured by the bandits, Feng Ning had the inkling that Feng Zhu Liu might even manipulate those bandits to kill her brother. And what happened next was exactly that.

It was just… there were a few more other additional damages because the bandits targeted other Imperial Family members.

She’s not a saint.

She didn’t have the capabilities to control the soldiers as getting out of her residence alone was a big hurdle. All that she could do was to watch from a distance as the chaos continued to ensue.

Lin Zi Xuan looked at Feng Ning. “The bandits have been trying to get into the Capital City. They have found a loophole when those idiots didn’t even pay attention.”

Idiots.

Probably, only Lin Zi Xuan could say that the previous Emperor was an idiot.

Feng Ning didn’t know the specific details of that surprise raid, but she did know that the soldiers were already moving at the fastest speed possible. It was just that; they were incapable to reach the location in time.

“Are you scared of me?” Lin Zi Xuan asked, his dark eyes were staring deep into the young woman’s eyes.

Scared?

Feng Ning looked at Lin Zi Xuan. He had never lost his temper in front of her and always treated her well. Even though she knew the cruelty behind his kind demeanor, he had never shown it in front of her nor directed it to her.

She knew that he wanted to kill her.

But even if it was true, she had never seen him act on it personally. Saying that she was scared, it didn’t seem to be true. Saying that she was not scared, it didn’t seem to be true either.

Her feelings were complicated.

 

13