4. Oh, a City!
38 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mor smiled joyfully looking at her handiwork. Dismembered body parts lay strewn randomly along the road as if they had been carelessly thrown after detachment. Expressions of horror and pain were plastered on the faces of the victims. Forever showing the last bit of life they had suffered before succumbing to their wounds. It was a scene from a nightmare. Something that would leave even the most sturdy of heart faint.

She stretched her muscles hearing satisfying pops. Muscles wonderfully sore after the exercise she had just pulled. It had been a while since she had let loose like that. The modern era making it difficult to get away with prolonged 'fighting'. What with the cameras and high security everywhere. The lack of forests was good for something as far as the Humans were concerned.

While the men had such poor skills she had taken her time. Slowly destroying them. Cutting off any and all escape routs. Like mice trapped before a hunting cat. It was really great stress relief after walking in this blasted woods all day. No way to tell how far away civilization is. How long she will still have to walk through foliage and dirt. Stranded from her true home no matter what world she is in. Although bouts of murder where she could let loose on her reigned in instincts did help. It was part of the reason she had chosen to become a mercenary. What could the Humans say about her work when she was being payed by them to do it? A legal way to get what she needed. Not that they would ever admit it. No ignorance was what most played to when they hired her.

Well except for Boss. He was an interesting piece of humanity. Not all self righteous and pretending to hold some form of moral high ground. No he was more primitive then most. Willing to get his hands dirty. Probable the only one who would hire a 'beast' to work for him. Not that he cares what you are as long as you get the job done.

Mor glanced over the pieces of men on the ground. Their surprisingly fancy clothes with little puffed out sleeves and delicate weaving. Detailed embroidery decorated their shirts causing it to be unnecessarily posh. Especially for walking through the woods. In fact the outfits were particularly cumbersome for such an activity.

She frowned looking down at herself. Pitch black bra top leaving much of her tattoo visible, and a pair of black bicycle shorts. Two leather belts criss crossed over the top holding her knives and pouches. Her feet bear and left exposed to the elements having planed on being in the water for the foreseeable future. Is she under dressed for this place? If it was like old Earth then the answer was yes. Vastly under dressed.

Mor looked back down at the embroidered monstrosities. Eyeing off the sizes of the men. She could use their clothes. It wasn't like they would need them anymore. She had left most of the torso alone. Really just the sleeves were gone. She canted her head imagining the fabric on her and grimaced. No. She would just buy new clothes. She refused to wear that terrible excuse of fashion. Plus it was restricting. See what happened to those men.

Decided she crouched down and started rummaging around looking for anything that might be useful. She smiled when found a heavy pouch. The bag making little tinking noises when moved. Money. Well what she guessed is money. There were a lot of coins of varying sizes, shapes, and color. Even the picture stamped onto the lumps of metal where different. Even if they lacked the usual uniform look she had seen in pictures. Otherwise it looked like money or what used to pass as money ages ago. The lack of consistence was throwing her a bit.

She held up a coin. Moonlight glinting off the shiny silver metal. Blemishes where it seemed to have been hammered into some semblance of round. An artistically done face on one side and what looked to be some form of plant on the other. So strange. Mor frowned as she twisted the coin around. Between the clothes and the coins she must be in the past. Well the past for her.

Sighing she placed the money into one of her pouches. Judging by the look of these people it couldn’t be far to a town. Well she hoped it was a town or city. Although a farm, abandoned building, or ruin would be fine. Really anything she could spend the night. She was not going to spend it in this forest! Or so help her, she will find a way to burn it to the ground. There were many ways to start a fire even if she didn't have a match.

Lost in the thoughts of turning the oh so charming woods into a blazing hell scape she quickly, four hours later, found herself in front of a city. Well whatever this place considers a city. At least she thinks it is a city. High stone walls obscured the view beyond from prying eyes. Two Guards stood at the gate even though it was already well into the night. Perhaps it was a fortress? Whatever it was it was a place to spend the night.

Mor confidently walked up to the Guards a smile on her face. She was going to spend the rest of this terrible night under a roof. As She got closer the Guards called out. “ተወ! የእርስዎ ንግድ እዚህ ላይ ምንድን ነው?” Shit she forgot about the language barrier.

Stopping a good meter from them Mor waved and tried to act as innocent as possible. “Hi!~” She called an airheaded tilt added for effect. And with that one of the Guards lunged. His spears aiming for her heart. Well she tried.

4