CH 4 : Lady in Green
56 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Fang gained opened eyes after 2 hours and looked around. The air was still filled with the coppery smell of mysterious liquid from broken flagon, which was probably the reason no creatures approached him when he was unconscious. His delivery quest was totally failed, he could see only a few drops of liquid remaining in one broken part.

Fang gathered himself up and thought of next course of action. He checked his stats

HP : 1/10

DP : 4/5

In 2 hours, he recovered only one HP, and that's too because of the DP he spent. Otherwise he would stay unconscious until someone heal him, which was higly unlikely in this forest, so the only fate was death by fey creatures, Fang shivered thinking about it.

He didn't have money to buy healing potion, he crudely bandaged his neck wound.

+4 

The bandage healed 4 HP. He sighed in relief.

Then he looked at the broken flagon parts and the creamy liquid drops still adhered. He had only two way ahead - go back to Yeasir and tell about his failure or still find the Lady Dali and convince her to join. Yeasir could make the drink when they reach Ulgoths's Beard.

He picked up a broken flagon part and licked - the sweet creamy content didn't taste bad. He felt a warm wave throughout the body , and checked his stat.

+ 4 HP

What a surprise, this liquid had healing effect. He greedily licked the remaining of the liquid, the took every broken parts and licked all of them to not miss a single stain of the liquid .

He felt his body becoming light and blood boiling, he started to sweat a lot, the sweat smelled very foul. He quickly took off all his armors and cloths except the loin cloth, there was no way he could remove this foul odor from his armors.

He sat and tried to meditate. He continued sweating for almost 30 minutes, his body was layered with blackish oily sweat. He checked his stat :

Name : Xiao Fang

Race : Human

Class : Rogue

Level : 1

HP : 10

DP : 4/5

STR : 14

DEX : 17

CON : 15

INT : 16

WIS : 12

CHA : 10

His all six ability scores were increased by one, a qualitative increase of his foundation. He could be considered a genius now.

He stood up and wiped out all the sticky oily sweat with a his cloth. Then he took out new clothes from the backpack, wore it and equipped armor.

Fang continued his hiking through the Cloakwood, he decided to try convincing Lady Dali.

After walking through the Cloakwood for another hour, he turned a bend and found himself in front of a cave. He could see delicate leaves and flowers carved into the dark green stone that marked the cave's entrance. He felt a soft, fresh breeze from the opening and see a faint purple light emanating from much deeper within the cave. He confirmed his location with the map, he was sure that, this was the dwelling of the Lady in Green.

As he put away the map, he could hear something carried along by the breeze that escaped from within the cave. The sound changed, becoming melodic, a voice humming a soft and soothing song. It pulled at him, he felt compelled to enter the cave.

Fang was able to shake off the charming effect of the song and stepped into the cave. As he entered , he found a Shield nestled behind a rock. He picked it up and investigated.

Wand of Guardian

Wand, Uncommon (requires attunement)

This wand has 4 charges. While holding it, you can use your reaction and expend 1 charge, to speak its command word and cast the shield spell.

The wand regains 3 expended charges at dawn daily. If you expend the last charge, there's 5% chance that the wand will be destroyed.

His heart skipped a beat. Looks like I found a good magical shield, I'll geta handsome amount of golds selling this equipment, Fang Thought. He kept it in his bag of holding.

Fang started moving deeper into the cave. Numerous crystals lined the rocky walls. The strange purple light grew brighter, refracting across the crystals. Under his feet was grass and wild flowers, softening the footsteps. The humming became more clear and loud. He turned a corner and found himself in a small cavern. The ceiling was covered with large crystals, butterflies were flying through the air. A gentle breeze was flowing through, carrying with it a faint and sweet floral scent.

He saw two figures in the middle of the cavern, illuminated by the glow of a shimmering purple portal. This portal was the source of the purple light that led him here.

One of the figures seems to be a blonde elven woman. She was wearing a green dress, sitting with her legs tucked under her. He guessed the Woman was the Lady in the Green. Her hair was tied behind her back and the cheeks were brimming with youth and life. She was humming with a soft smile and looking down to her companion.

The other figure appears to be a human woman. She was sitting on the ground with her head resting on the Lady's lap. She was dressed in a heavy gold chest plate, and a black skirt that spilled out onto the grass. Black warpaint streaked across her pale face. Her head was shaved, giving a fierce appearance. But her eyes were closed and her facial expression was giving a serene vibe.

As Fang took one step closer, the humming was stopped abruptly. He looked at the pairs and saw Lady in Green staring at him with a flustered expression. She stood up quickly. Her abrupt, hasty rise made her ample bosoms jiggled ; and also revealed the beneath of the green skirt for a moment. Fang's eyes didn't miss the wardrobe malfunction - and became flabbergasted. Glancing at the seductive figure of Lady in Green, nobody would believe that she was standing on a pair of very hairy goat legs.

The armoured woman followed suit, rising majestically. Her serene expression was replaced with burning scowl.

 

My first writing, feedback and suggestions are very appreciated.

Discord Server | Buy me a Coffee ☕

5