Chapter 1: Reborn
183 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ah... My head... it hurts.. What.. what happened to me?' 

I felt like my head was about to burst and was too dizzy as I slowly and forcibly tried to open my eyes.

'What's this?'

I was perplexed as I realized that my eyes were already open and were able to see in all different directions.

A humongous old hut, I think, since it was different from a normal hut I knew of, two suns floating in the violet sky, two giants with unusual clothing fighting each other with numerous giants watching interestingly, which is different from the world I knew of!

'What's with this... Where the hell.. am I? Wait.. I, I'm supposed to die... aren't I?'

'Ah.. It.. hurts.. Yeah, that's right... I should have died when trying to pick up my cellphone back then, then.. why am I still alive?'

'Well, anyway... I think... I might... have been.. reincarnated, aren't I?'

'Hahaha, that wouldn't be right, is it? No... the proof already laid in front of me!' It surely feels like those miraculous moments that happened in a novel, isn't it?'

I felt too surprised and unable to accept it at first, but as I thought about it carefully, I finally concluded that I'm reincarnated into another world! A world that was too different from my world.

'Uhm... before I thought about being reincarnated, but what's up with these eyes? It's moving too fast and it makes me dizzy! 

Wait... It.. it can't be I.. I'm reincarnated into another life form, am I?'

'What! I.. can fly? And I even have six tiny legs?'

'What.. what creature did I turn into?'

I become scared at the thought of myself being reborn as a different creature and was already felt being depressed.

'No.. No.. I don't want this!'

I tried to throw a fit but all I can do was fly in a different direction with an amazing speed and when I tried to shout, all I can say was, 'buzzz... buzzz..'.

It terrified me to think that I was already not a human but, also unable to speak nor do what humans can do!

This second life given to me was too pointless, isn't it?! I don't want this! How can I live and start a new life! 

Wasn't I given this chance to be reborn to correct all the bad things I've done? But how.. how can I do that being like this! I... I didn't even know what form I have!

Wait.. I do have two compound eyes with thousands, I guess, of six-sided lenses, two tiny wings, six legs, two antennae that can be used to hear sounds, one long spear-like mouth... Isn't it just like a mosquito?

No.. I.. I'm a mosquito right now? No! It.. it can't be true!

I tried to avoid all possibility that my guess was just a guess, but as I have more time to inspect my current self, I.. I confirm that I, the once human, really become a tiny and weak mosquito.

After quite a while of pointless rejecting, a sudden headache come too abruptly that make me almost lose balance in flying since the fact that I'm still adjusting to my state as a mosquito was already so hard.

'Ah, my head... too painful!'

I was surprised when the headache comes but stunned after it faded afterward.

'Shape shiting: Ability to transform to any life form that was defeated alone.

     Note: As the user was weak, only parts will be able to mimic.

     Name: Grey Dy

     Level: 1

     Able to mimic: None'

A cold voice in my head suddenly resounded which caught me off guard.

'What? Who's that saying in my head?' I asked but no answer came.

'Wait, did.. it say.. shapeshifting?' 

'Haha, then... it's like it's telling me that I can.. still go back into.. a human form, right?'

'Hhahaha, I thought this was pointless, but I didn't expect that there's still hope!'

I got excited at the thinking of myself being able to turn back into human form, neglecting all the big problems that I should think of first.

'No... No... I shouldn't be too happy at all!'

'It says that I'm only able to transform by defeating it, but how can I defeat humans in this form?'

'Ah! This is truly pointless! I don't want this life!'

'Wait... I shouldn't give up so easily. There's still a way before I can transform into a human, don't I?'

'Well, what can a mosquito do? Uhm... I should be checking if this world has power or something, so to make a mosquito like me defeat humans, would not look unusual.'

With great difficulty, I tried to fly in any direction to see any sign of powers or cultivation, but after so long, I can't find anything, except for giants, ehm.. I think humans, since I'm just too small, doing ordinary things while using different languages I never heard of.

'So, this world is like my own world. The trees, the way the humans live, it's all the same except for sun and clouds.'

'So, that's mean, that I... I can easily be killed with a swat of humans? Ah!! Why reborn in this state! How.. how can I kill any life forms with this weak body?!!'

'I think the god must have been angry at me! This is his punishment!'

'Host, please don't give up.' a voice echoed again which surprised me again.

'Who.. who's that? Wait.. It feels like a system or something. Well, does it mean, I have a cheat or help from the system? Hahah.. so it was not pointless. Yeah, I can survive this world.'

'Host, I may be a system, but I'm unable to help you. My task was to only help the host to know his current condition.'

'What... No.. the system in novels should help their host, so why.. why are you saying that?'

'Well, that's from a novel, and I'm different.'

'No! Then, wouldn't this make my life pointless again?!'

'Why does the host think it like that?'

'Why? Because of my form! How can a mosquito like me able to defeat anyone?'

'...'

'And besides, this world has no power nor supernatural or something like that! So that means, I'm an ordinary mosquito!'

'Not quite true. The world may be the same as yours previously, but you're an exception. You can level up until level 10 and transform into a life form you defeated alone.'

'Level up? Oh, you said I'm level 1 earlier, then... it.. it must be some help to me to be able to defeat something?'

'Haha, so the God didn't forsake me, was he?'

'Then, how should I level up?'

'The host should figure it out. A reminder: Mosquito has at most only have a lifespan of 7 days.'

'What? 7... 7 days!!! Wasn't it too short of time! Ah!! So the god has forsaken me! He keeps giving me hope but takes it back afterward! He.. he must hate me, doesn't he!'

'What.. what should I do? In 7 days, I.. I should defeat any life forms and figure out how to level up!'

So, as the two suns already set and were replaced by three beautiful moons, I was finally able to finish my plan.

'First step: Find an easy prey.

Second step: Figure out how to level up.

Third step: Kill weak life forms first, before going to strong ones, then finally into humans.'

When I finish my plan, the place in front of me became different from the one I was in, before.

There were too many tall trees, darkness invading the whole place, and a chill that make me feel scared.

'Where's this place?! Wait.. It should be the forest, right?'

'A forest.. well, it sounds like a good place to me start my step 1 and 2. I shouldn't come to that human place for now, or else I would be killed before I know it.'

As I fly quickly, a sense of hunger suddenly overcomes me and makes me feel weak to continue flying.

Then, it only struck me as a serious problem occurred.

'Ah! F*ck! I hate this life! Damn it! I didn't think that I was a male mosquito, didn't I? Then.. that means, that... I only feed on nectars and am unable to suck blood?! Ah, damn it!'

I once again felt hopeless, as I start to fall since my body becomes weak.

'Host, you're constitution is a bit different from a normal mosquito. Since you were a human before, your proboscis was thick and sharp enough to pierce the skin. You can also feed on blood. Your body was modified after numerous trials.'

'So, that means, my plan can still be carried on? Hhahaha, I take back what I said!'

Due to excitement, I fly again until I saw a web of spiders.

The spider look ordinary and was sleeping, and since I'm too hungry, I didn't think anymore and immediately pounce on it.

Note: If you want to read more, you can visit this story at Webnovel. Hoping that everyone will support this book. Thanks

Is this book good for first chapter?
  • Yes Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not Really Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Maybe Votes: 3 33.3%
Total voters: 9
4