Chapter 6: Companion
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Will the host perform exchange?' a cold voice continues to linger in my head, but I'm too occupied by the spider beneath me.

I didn't expect that I can also obtain a certain part without killing and by just defeating it, and this makes me even more guilty for what I've done, thinking that only by killing can I survive.

The spider seems to sense the halting of my action and looks at me as if seizing me, with those orange eyes that unexpectedly give me too familiar vibes.

'Thank.. thank you.' a sweet voice once again echoed.

'I'm.. sorry. I.. I didn't mean to... kill you.' I said, trying to justify myself, but... I'm just kidding myself because who would believe me? I'm just a killer, a heartless killer.

'I know. After all, we're just trying to survive.' the spider tried to comfort me, and this make me unable to stop the tears from falling to its back.

It.. it's the first.. no.. second time someone tried to say that to me. That sentence which didn't judge me or didn't feel scared towards me, but instead, I feel sympathy but not pity.

'Hey... Why.. are you crying? Did.. did I do something wrong?' a worried and anxious voice caress my mind, acting as my salvation.

'No.. it.. it's just that you believe me.' 

'Haha.. it's because you remind me of someone I know.' 

'Really?' I become curious about the thing the spider was referring to but didn't ask since I don't want to meddle in his life.

'Will the host perform exchange?' the system asked me again.

'Yes. Exchange and merge it completely.' 

'Merging... Merging completed. Exchanging.... Exchange performed. The host can now use the form of a spider, with a permanent time.'

'Can I transform into a spider now?'

'The host doesn't need to ask that. The host can use transform anytime.'

'But.. but there's someone besides me, is.. is that alright?'

'Yes.'

'Then transform!' I said without hesitation as I want to try my new form, and was also curious about how the spider will react.

A gurgling feeling once again appeared inside my body that makes me dizzy, a dislocation that make me hurt to the point of almost dying, a regeneration of bones and body, and my blood evaporating and replaced by fluid, the hemolymph.

My transformation took several hours, ending with me being unconscious and unguarded and when I woke up, I found myself in a different place compared to what I was in before, and was surprised to see how am I still alive.

I rolled my eight eyes around everywhere trying to know my current location, but my new form still feels new to me, making me feel dizzy.

Eight eyes and eight legs with a round body, it's still new and feels strange, but it was better than being a mosquito.

As I rolled my eyes, I suddenly have a glimpse of the spider I had fought before, trying to guard the web where we stay.

'Ah.. thank goodness.. you're alright.' the spider said with a sigh of relief.

'Why? Why.. why would you help me?'

'Why? Well.. it's because I just can't leave someone alone unconscious.'

'But.. I tried to kill you before?!'

'And so do I. Anyways, instead of asking a strange question, why don't you just thank me?'

'Then.. thank.. thank.. you.'

'See. That's better. And before I forgot, who are you?'

'I'm.. I'm Grey.' I still said my name after having a hesitation.

The spider seems to be shocked and looked at me with such emotions.

'You?'

'What?.. I'm.. I'm.. Shine.'

'Shine? You're.. you're a girl?'

'Yes. Why? Did you think of me as a boy?'

'No.. Uhm.. yes. But don't you get scared of me?'

'Why would I?'

'Because.. I.. I change form.'

'About that...' before the spider finished her sentence, the system butt in.

'Congratulations to the host to meet another reincarnated person. The host was able to open the Communication Skill. Communication Skill: able to communicate with the other reincarnated person freely and track their location.'

'What?! What are you.. talking about, system?!' I was taken aback and can't help but exclaimed in disbelief.

'Since the host can reincarnate into this world, it's also applicable to others. So, it was like what the host thinks.'

'Then.. is.. is she a reincarnated as well?'

'Yes. And note: only three people from your world were reincarnated in this world.'

'What?! Then, I'm not the only one experiencing this current life?'

'Yes. And I am the same system they have.'

'What?! Then.. did.. did she knew it already?'

'Of course.'

'Shine.. so... you're also like me?'

'Yes. And I'm really glad to know you.'

'Then.. so that's why you admit defeat earlier?'

'Yes. I don't want to be killed, after all.'

'I'm sorry.'

'It's fine. Don't worry about it already. And besides, I just want to know, why do you seem to be hasty? I feel it when we're fighting earlier.'

'That.. that's because.. when I kill a frog.. his wife was still waiting for him, so.. he ask me to deliver the crickets.'

'So.. you felt pity and want to at least try to lessen your conscience?'

'Yes.'

'Then let me help you.'

'What? No.. no need. You.. you already help me enough.. and it's fine with me.'

'As I said.. you don't need to worry about it, and besides, I just want to talk to you a bit more since it's rare to find someone like me.'

'Then.. I.. I guess it's fine.'

'Anyway, what's your level now?'

'1.8.'

'Really? You level up fast.'

'Why? How about you?'

'Well.. I'm still at level 2.'

'What?! And you said I still level up fast?'

'Hahaha, well.. I mean... I'm sorry.'

'So, you killed many animals already?'

'Yes. But.. I.. I also don't want to.'

'I know. We just want to live and become human again, right?'

'Yeah. Let's change the subject, but do you know where the frog is located?'

'Yeah. It's in the small pond surrounded by tall trees and there's also a woman statue.'

'Oh, I know that place. I also just been there before I fight with you.'

'Really?'

'Yes, so let me guide you there. But do you have any crickets with you?'

'Ah! About that, it's still in the mouth of the frog I killed. Let's go there.'

'Okay.' 

Then I, with the new companion I just met due to our fight, leave the web starts our new journey.

1