Chapter 10: Bird
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the deep slumber was disturbed by the strong gush of winds, I and Shine were instantly woken up with our vigilance lifted.

The two of us, who were laying on the leaf instead of our own web, look at the source of such strong breeze, that almost make us fall from such height.

Although we manage to improve our level to level 3, it was still not enough for us to withstand such an impact, if we would really fall from where we were standing.

A large blue, with a hint of green, bird, was flapping its wings toward us, as its yellow eyes look at us with strong malice.

A sharp and pointed beak keep on letting out such a deafening chirp, while its claw was about to attack us.

I and Shine were alarmed by this and instantly jump towards the other leaf, evading the sharp nails that tried to pierce our body.

As the bird was still held by the momentum of its attack, I didn't let this chance slip away, and instantly tried to shoot some web from my back, exactly hitting its foot.

Poison seems to seep inside the foot, surprising the bird, but the bird just ignores it as it felt no danger in it.

"Shine.... Just give this bird to me."

As Shine was about to help me defeat the bird, I immediately stop her from doing so, as I want to protect her. I don't know why I want to do that, trying to sacrifice myself, but something inside me just wants to make myself look cool to her. I want her to feel that she would be secured beside me.

"But.. Grey, that's a bird. It.. it has more advantage compared to our state right now."

"Shine.. I know. I know that the one in front of me was a bird, much stronger than me... But.. I.. I want to try to protect you."

"What?.."

Shine didn't seem to expect my words, as she was rendered speechless. I didn't find anything wrong with my word, but I feel that something went wrong with Shine's face.

As the bird get back its balance again, the web that was stuck on its feet was snapped, as it look towards me with strong killing intent.

At first, the bird has no intention of killing us and just trying to scare us, but because of my attack, I seem to anger it.

"You! How.. how dare a mere spider like you tried to attack me?!"

The bird was full of anger as it tried to flap its wing stronger than before. A strong air force slaps our bodies, dragging us away from the surface of the leaf.

If not for our legs stuck towards the leaf, we would definitely fall already and die miserably.

The bird seeing us remaining where we were standing was riled up as it tried to attack us again.

Flying with rapid speed, that sharp claw almost slices our body into two if not for our level.

As the claw passed our body, I immediately forced all the energy inside my body to release a thicker web than the usual web I shoot out, containing more poison before hitting the same spot I hit earlier. My eyes seem to have a cheat, as it makes me see or hallucinate the line that I need to follow in order to hit my target accurately.

As the web hit its target, a stronger stickiness pastes on its feet dragging me as well into the air. I quickly climb up with my web, before staying on its foot, trying to bite with my teeth.

The bird didn't expect my move as it tried to shake me off its feet.

Using another claw to try squeezing me, while still maintaining its balance in the air, the bird was filled with annoyance, affecting his accuracy, as he can't just hit nor shake me off since my constitution was a bit stronger than before. Pain continue surging from within his body as I didn't stop biting his foot while shooting the web with poison.

The bird's foot has a strong scale that makes me find it hard to bite, wielding strong force as every time it tried to slap the place I was before, I can actually feel the impact of it.

I tried to continue biting until I was finally able to pierce my teeth on its flesh, dripping its red blood. I tried to drink its blood, with a horrible taste that I would never get used to, before continuing to bite.

The pain was too much for the bird to withstand, plus the pain he inflicted on itself, so making the bird unable to keep up the balance midair, thus starting to soar down.

While falling, the bird tried to use its beak to attack me, but due to his anger, the force was a bit strong, ended up piercing his own feet.

Pain continue to surge, opposite the direction that the bird was going, with me still on it.

I tried to climb towards its body, biting his flesh despite the feather blocking and protecting, bringing despair towards the bird.

"You! How.. how.. dare you kill me!"

"Why? You tried to kill us, but we, we can't?"

"You're just a mere spider!!!"

"So what? I'm a mere spider yet able to kill you?"

"You!!! I.. I would never forgive you! I'll I'll kill you no matter what!"

"Hahaha.. really? Well, I give you a chance to live and get revenge on me... Do you admit defeat or not?"

I tried to intimidate him furthermore, as I tried to bite and drink his flesh. The web I keep landing on its random body part seems to be taking its effect now, as poison starts to immobilize him.

The poison was not that effective and almost has no effect, but it was different when my web almost tried to cover its body.

It might sound impossible or strange, but the time I released my web seem a bit ten times or more than that faster than the normal spider, maybe due to my level and constitution.

The bird was terrified as pain shake his body and even his soul as it was forced to give in.

"Fi.. fine! I.. I admit defeat!"

Fear was plastered on its eyes, as he didn't expect that the easy-to-kill spider was capable of killing him.

In terms of strength, the bird wouldn't lose to me but I was just a bit wiser or the bird was just an idiot, letting me win.

"Congratulations to the host to defeat an ordinary bird. Able to obtain a part that can be mimicked: Wings The host level increase by 2 points."

As the familiar voice echoed inside my head, I stop attacking the bird and go back towards Shine.

The bird let out a sigh of relief seeing me leaving its body, as fear and regrets can't fade away from his mind. The bird want to attack me with my guard let down, but unfortunately, the poison was still effective. And even if he does so, my body has the strength of level 3, just equivalent to itself.

The bird continues to lay down on the ground, trying to wait for the poison to wear out, before healing its wound and getting its revenge back.

Such humiliation and shame should not be tolerated!

"Just wait for the day I try to kill you! I'll turn you into pieces, you damn spider!"

0