Chapter 11: Gift Function
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going back to where Shine is, I actually felt satisfaction for the first time I defeat a life form here in this new world. Defeating that bird surely feels good, maybe that bird was just too big for me to oppose that it's able to bring me excitement while fighting, or is it because of something else that I still don't know.

"Grey... Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

Shine asked worriedly, with her eyes looking at me, scanning. I felt awkward seeing that gaze as I tried to turn away my gaze, but even if I did so, I have eight eyes from left to right, so it was no use. It actually makes me feel embarrassed towards her even more.

"Yeah... I--I'm fine. I'm strong enough.. to protect both of us."

"Wh--what? Well.. if.. if you said so."

Awkwardness pervade the atmosphere, as both of us decided to leave the tall tree and go on another journey.

"Hey, Grey... Don't you think we should change our state right now? I mean... let's transform into a bigger form, do you agree?"

"Well... if we became bigger than a spider... We can have greater strength and I can protect myself and you.. better. So I think I would agree. Let's change our form right now."

"Well, into what? If we choose a bigger form... We actually need to kill more than one. And not to mention by only ourselves. And besides... defeating will consume much energy so... preparation must be needed."

"Then.. what do you say? You're the one who suggested it... So I think you might have a better plan."

"I'm not sure if you'll agree with this.. but I think... transforming ourselves into snakes seems not bad. I mean... It has fewer body parts... Just the head.. and its body. And.. snake is poisonous as well, so even if we don't have much strength.. but if we're quick and poisonous, then we would be able to defeat life form more easily. And not to mention our level, increasing if we defeat or kill any life form."

After thinking about what just she said... It was actually an advantageous plan for us... since she explained and think it thoroughly.

"That's brilliant, Shine. Your plan is great. But the only drawback is that, finding a snake and defeating it was actually hard."

"Well... We don't need a bigger snake. If we just kill or defeat a smaller snake... it would be sufficient for us, since we have the system. The system just needs the body parts and it does not copy the size of what we defeat as well, since our constitution is different."

"Oh.. I didn't think of that. You're really smart, Shine."

"Hahaha... you overpraised me. I'm not that good. I just study some of it before."

"Oh.. I see. Well, then it would be better if we start our hunt now. This forest seems big. It's like Amazon, looking at it from that tree before."

"Well... You're quite wrong about that. This forest was actually smaller than a normal forest since it's only has a spanning of 0.25 hectares. But the wild animals and life forms that can be found here, in this forest are 1.5 times more than than a normal forest."

"Eh... It's a million smaller than the Amazon in our world? But why.. do it seems bigger when we look above?"

"Did you already see the Amazon rainforest? And also, that tree we went to previously was not too tall, so the view makes the forest seems big."

"Oh.. I see."

I can't help but feel embarrassed, as I actually want to show off but instead got humiliated.

"Hahaha... It's fine. People make mistakes."

"But we're not human right now."

"We might not in physical, but in our mind and how we act... we are a human, Grey."

"Okay. You.. you can't just let me have my way, won't you?"

"What? Eh.. sorry. I.. I didn't know you do that to show off."

"Hahaha... It's fine. You don't need to take it seriously."

As the two of us continue to immerse in a talk while walking.. a sudden brush was heard, as we look at the bushes behind us.

The bushes seems to be moved by something, as a silhouette suddenly went forward, charging towards us.

It was as quick as a lightning, as that silhouette tried to devour us with its mouth opened, revealing its sharp fang that hold the danger that could threaten both of us.

As the mouth was about to bite Shine, who react weakly, I instantly throw myself towards her to push her and replaced her place instead. A sharp fang wants to pierce the round body I have but my body was like iron, almost shattering its fang.

I was surprised, actually, to feel that I was fine even if that silhouette already tried to bite me, but I just remembered that I level up by 2 earlier.

That bird seems to help me unintentionally as if not for him... I might be a dead spider right now... And not only me.. But also Shine. If that happens.. I...  would feel like I would never be able to forgive myself.

The silhouette, a small snake that we were just talking to hunt, was surprised to see how hard my body is, and fear instantly paled its red eyes, as its tongue seem to shake a bit.

A poison seem to spread around my skin, but a cold voice echoed.

"Warning: The host has been mildly poisoned by the snake. It is recommended for the host to get away from its tongue.

As the host level has reached half of the max level, a new function will be given as congratulation to the host, Supreme Time, coming from the system.

As the host complained about the system the previous time the host almost give up, the system has accepted your request and will give you this function, as an encouragement for the host to continue living on.

Supreme Time: The host can have a temporary strength equaling the strength of level 9, Demon, for a period of 5 minutes. Cooldown: 3 days

Note: The host can't use this function for such a shallow and unimportant reason. The host will only be able to use this function in times of great danger, acting as the host's lifesaver. This function will only last after the host successfully transforms into a human or levels up to level 8.

Another note: As the three chosen host reached level 5, different gift function will be given, depending on what the host desire to have.

And as the first host to achieve such a feat, another function will be given for only you, Possession.

Possession: the host can able temporarily use the body of any life forms the host wants to possess, by using points as fuel. The higher the life form, the higher the consumption of points. Cooldown: As the host recovered at least 3 points.

Note: The host can only possess one body at a time."

A long notification seems to bust my head, as I slowly digest the information. As I got hold of all the information, the snake who was biting me was temporarily ignored, as shock and bewilderment appeared on my eyes.

1