Chapter 12: Anger
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the system gave me a big surprise, I can't help but thought that I was just hallucinating, but feeling the poison that was trying to eat my skin, I got assured that it was all true.

Getting away from the snake's mouth, I asked the system.

'System... what's with this Supreme Time and Possession?'

'As the system said... It was a congratulatory gift for the host, attaining certain achievement that was set by the system before.'

'Really? Then how can I use this Supreme Time?'

'The host can't use the function, Supreme Time as no danger can be sensed by the system.'

'what?! I can't use it?!... You gave it to me yet I can't use it?! What is that function? A display?!'

'Warning: The host should be grateful to the system. 

The host is unable to use the function, Supreme Time, as no danger enters the system's parameter. The system will not repeat this one more time!'

'Damn it. I can't really use it?'

'The host is right.'

As I was getting angry since I was just curious about the skill yet unable to try it, the other one who I save, Shine, was worried about me.

"Grey.. Grey... Are.. are you okay? Did.. did you get hurt?!"

Shine asked desperately as if I just died right now, making me really feel touched. I.. There's just this something in myself that makes me go crazy about Shine.

"I'm.. fine. I just level up to 5 so.. my strength was pretty strong."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Don't doubt me. I'm really okay..."

"That's good to hear. I.. I thought you.. died because of me. If.. If you really die or got injured because of me.. I.. I think I might.. never forgive myself."

"What?! Shine.. what are you talking about?!"

"Grey, watch out!"

As I was still trying to ask Shine and reprimand her, the snake seems impatient as it attack me another time, biting my body as strongly as it can.

It seems like it can't just accept the truth as well and thought it was just hallucinating, but as the fang can't seem to continue its next move... the snake didn't hesitate to stop its attack and want to back out, but why would I let it do so?

It can attack someone and back out as it wants? Ha! I am not a punching bag!

As I felt my pride was being trampled on in front of Shine, I can't help but be annoyed with it.

Shooting out the finest web I have, the snake was rendered helpless, as the web I shoot possesses a bit of poison and strong stickiness. Since I level up to level 5, all my skills have improved as well.

"You! Let me go.. stupid spider!" A roar echoed, trying to deafen my ears.

"What?! You can attack me yet I can't attack you?!"

"Don't you dare be this bold! You can't kill me! My father will not let you go once you killed me!"

"And now you're threatening me?! You deserve to die!"

I was so angry at the snake as it actually dared to act lofty in front of me, embarrassing me to Shine.

"Grey... Calm down."

"But I can't Shine. This snake tried to harm you! If... If I didn't save you back then.. then you might get killed right now."

"I know that.. Grey! I know and I'm grateful to you... But I can't let you do things alone."

I was shocked to feel the strong enmity coming from Shine as I saw the burning rage brewing in her eyes while looking at the snake.

"I know.. Grey. That's why.. let me have that snake. I don't care if I will kill it.. if I will be killed.. and or anything else, but I don't care anymore."

"Shine! What.. what's wrong with you?! Snap out of it!"

I was scared and anxious to see Shine acting like this... So I tried to let go of the snake first before stopping Shine.. but an unexpected strength exudes from her.

A strength from Shine.. actually pushed me several steps backward.

"Shine... Shine.. what's happening to you?"

"Grey.. please don't try to stop me. If.. if you didn't defeat that bird.. you might be dead right now. I.. I can let anyone do harm to you and myself as well!"

Shine seems like a different person from who I know... but there's something strange with me as I actually felt glad to see her acting like this because of me. I know it is such a bad thing for me to feel, but I.. I just can't help it.

"Shine.. I.. think you should be the one.. to calm down."

"Grey.. please don't act like this. Let me do things as well."

As Shine won't hear me anymore, I just let her do things she wants to do, as I watch worriedly at the side. If something wrong happens to her, I'll help her.

"You... How.. how dare you act like this in front of me?! Are you looking down on me?!"

The snake, hearing how the two treat him as a possession, can't help but get annoyed since it was akin to humiliation and a slap on its face.

Two spiders... several times smaller than a snake... actually looking down on it? Hahaha! That's the biggest joke the snake has ever heard. But unknown to itself, the two, who the snake thought the other two was actually a spider, was wrong as the two were a variable in this world. A variable that can change the world.

"Shut up! So what if we did?!"

Shine was like the embodiment of wrath as the anger keeps on leaking out from her body, undeniably sending shivers towards the snake. The snake actually felt that Shine was more terrifying than Grey.

Seeing how Shine is capable of sending shivers towards the snake, I can't help but asked the system.

"System... what's wrong with Shine? I.. I'm sure I'm stronger than her.. but why do I feel she's stronger than me?"

'The host is unable to know the answer. Shine, one of the chosen hosts, has unexpectedly found a hidden function, that can increase one's power by exchanging points.'

'What? Exchanging points? Then.. don't.. don't tell me she's using it right.. now?'

'Yes. But... the host does not need to worry, as the consumption of points is low. The chosen host, Shine.. has also limited the consumption of points.'

'Really? That's good to hear then.'

I can't help but feel relieved as I know that Shine was still in her sanity. She's still using her brain, which makes me anticipate to see what she would do toward the snake.

The snake was riled up by Shine as it immediately attack the latter, crawling fast before whipping its tail. Getting used to knowing how hard Shine's back might be... the snake didn't take the risk and just use an attack that can surely be effective.

Shine was calm despite the incoming attack, and instead, walk forward. As the tail was about to land on Shine.. Shine unexpectedly opened her mouth, revealing her sharp teeth, before strongly gnashing.

The tail.. which seems sturdy, was unexpectedly bitten off until the flesh was taken, bringing a tormenting pain to the snake.

The snake howled in pain, as it rolled on the ground... halting its attack.

"Ah!!! Damn you! Damn you! How.. how dare you bute me off?! I'll kill you!!!"

The snake was actually terrified inside as it felt just how his flesh was like to Shine. It was just as if it was tofu.

"You dare bite him, yet I can't bite you?!"

Shine walked closer to the snake... seemingly hurried, before lifting her six legs as she pierced it on the scale of the snake.

"Ah!!!!!!!"

A loud growl echoed throughout the forest, as blood splattered everywhere. Shine was dyed red, as the snake was filled with terror.

"You!! How.. how.. dare you.. ah!!!"

As the snake was trying to speak, Shine was merciless as she move her legs, as sharp as a knife, vertically... Bringing pain that can shake the soul towards the snake.

"Ah!!! Stop.. please.. stop! I.. I'm wrong.. please...."

As the snake was still begging for his dear life, an unexpected organ was sliced by that small leg, ending its life.

Blood dyed the ground, as a lifeless snake lay on it motionless.

"Congratulations to the host for killing an ordinary snake. Able to obtain the part that can be mimicked: Body. The host level increase by 2.

Congratulations to the host to unlock a hidden function: Sharing.

Sharing: the host can view the other host's notification without the others knowing it. 

Note: it's only usable as a certain degree of worry was reached. Consumption of points: none'

1