Chapter 13: Supreme Time
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the cold voice of the system echoed in my mind, I was once again surprised as the system seem to have a change of heart and give me function consecutive times. But I can't deny that Sharing is more interesting than the function, Supreme Time and Possession.

'System, does this Sharing means that I can know if Shine will be put in danger or not?'

'As the host reached the degree required for opening the Sharing, the host can indeed know if the chosen host, Shine, is in danger or not.'

'Really? Hahaha.... that's so great! System... this is the first time you do a good deed towards me!'

'Host, please don't forget that I gave you this second life.'

'Eh? This life? And you're proud... Okay.. okay. Thanks to you, I live my second life. Though it might be because of her.'

'The host must really hate the system.'

'what? No.. I.. at first.. I indeed hate you, because who would want to live this life? But.. now.. I guess you could say that I'm getting used to it.'

"Shine, are you okay?" 

I ignore the system first, and worriedly walk towards Shine, as I saw her balance getting weaker. Shine looks pale, despite the dark color skin, and seems to be feeling relieved.

"I'm fine, Grey. I.. I kill it." Tears flow from her eight eyes, as Shine look at me. If we were just a human, she might hug me, I guess, for comfort.

"Yes.. you don't need to blame yourself. We... we didn't want to do this as well. We just want to live.. so don't cry, Shine."

"No.. Grey. I'm.. not blaming myself.."

"Then why are you crying?"

"It's.. it's because.. I manage to kill it. I.. I manage to avenge you, Grey."

A simple sentence was enough for me to be touched, as I realized something. I'm stupid for not knowing it myself earlier, that I was falling in love with her.

Her eyes look dazzling, Shine looks elegant and beautiful in my eyes, she seems strong and independent, that's why.. I can't help but took a liking to her. She just.. reminds me of the woman I love back then, as Shine really resembles her.

And that's also the reason why I'm starting to hate myself now. I don't want to like her just because she resembles her. That was the terrible thing I would make, since substituting someone was just hurting the other. I like to love her just because she was her, Shine alone.

"Grey.. are you okay?" Shine looked at me, halting for a moment, being worried that makes me awkward after that realization hit me. Before.. it was still fine if I look at her, but now... this is getting uncomfortable. There's this something in my inside that wants to hold her crying face, to wipe that tears, and to kis.. Wait! Let's not try to think an indecent thought.

"I.. I'm fine. I should be worried about you instead."

"As I said, I'm really fine. Although my level dropped by .5 points, it's still good unless I dropped to level 0."

"Eh? Why? Does having 0 points a bad thing?"

"Grey... you don't know it? Points are like our health. If you reach 10, that's means you're healthy capable of acquiring the power of a dragon. But if you hit zero, what do you think will happen to you?"

With Shine's enlightenment, I seem to understand her point.

"I would die?"

"That's right. So, at best, you must retain your points with 1 if you're going to consume it."

"Oh, I see. Then it's good that you do not get 1."

"Well, I just get angry at that snake... I didn't literally lose my sanity."

"I.. I know. Let's just continue to hunt some snakes." I tried to drop the topic since it just make me restless. Being cared for by someone you seem to like, was unexpectedly a good feeling. It was a feeling of being caressed by your mother with unconditional love.

Shine agreed with me, maybe for the same reason as me, but as we just took a step forward, a strong presence suddenly send a shiver to both of us.

A gigantic red cobra crawled towards the two of us, with its tongue slithering, wanting to capture both of us.

"You dare leave after killing my son?!" An angry roar, echoed throughout the forest, making nearby animals be scared, thus running away to save their dear life.

I was shaken by the sound waves coming from that cobra, while Shine who just gotten exhausted from the battle kneeled, as she can't withstand the pressure. Seeing her suffering like this, my heart becomes itchy as anger starts brewing.

"So what if we killed your son?! Should we let your son just kill us?!" Despite the shaking legs, I still retort since I can't let anyone just trample and looked down on us.

"Then you should die!" The cobra has a bad temper and instead of engaging in some talk, for me to have time to react, the cobra suddenly sent his large tail, bringing tremendous force, towards the both of us.

Even though we have a strength of level 5, that snake has a level of 6, so we can be seen as just ants in its eyes.

'Warning: Black Warning: An unknown force capable of insta-killing the host has been sensed. Supreme time can be utilized. Will the host use the Supreme Time in exchange for three points?'

'What?! 3 points?!'

'The host will be killed in ten seconds. 10.. 9..'

'Okay.. Okay! Let me use it!'

'Ding! 3 points have been deducted. Supreme Time will be deployed.'

"Ahhhh!!!!"

Pain as if splitting my soul apart into pieces, suddenly surge inside me, as a terrifying strength rushed into every part of me.

A strength capable of sinking the ground, distorting the void, Shine looked at me as if I was a monster. That look seems to punch my heart, but I just ignore it, as our life was on the line.

The cobra, sensing the sudden change wants to stop his attack, but since the fortitude was strong, it still went toward us. As tried to cover Shine with my body, as the tail weighed on us.

"Ahh!!!" A loud growl echoed, as a small hole was found on its large tail.

My body seems to be burning so hard, that the tail can't crush us down, ending up being pierced.

"You! How.. how.. dare... I'll never forgive you! I'll get my revenge for my son and myself!"

The cobra, wiser than his son, since it senses how just strong I became, got wary and immediately leave and hide behind the bushes. But would I let him do that? No! My three points were exchanged, just for naught? Ha! I'm not the kind of person to let things just go in front of the one I like!

'Remaining Time: 4:30'

As the reminder resounded, I tried to control the strength I have, and immediately propelled my body to fly towards the cobra. A rapid speed, as fast as lightning, strike forward the cobra, as the latter was filled with shock and terror.

"What?!...."

The cobra was still surprised, but his body just split apart, sending blood everywhere, ending his poor life.

Regrets were still apparent in its eyes, as they gradually become dimmed.

"Congratulations to the host for killing a special cobra (King). Able to obtain the part that can be mimicked: Body. The host level increased by 1.5.

As the host stops the Supreme Time without using all of it, 2 points will be returned."

2