Chapter 14: Unexpected Danger
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shine looked at me with horror in her eyes, the most thing I hate to happen, as it makes me unable to think what should I do. I'm afraid she might distance herself from me nor she might get afraid and think of me as a demon. Well... how can I differ from demons when I just killed poor lives mercilessly? When I was as selfish as a demon?

"Shi.. Shine... are.. you okay?" 

"Gre..Grey, is.. is that you?" Shine, who can't accept what she had just witnessed, asked me hopeful for an answer. It makes me.. to actually feel disappointed and sad, knowing her getting scared of me.

"Yeah, sorry.. Shine. I'm.. I'm sorry.. if.. if.. I'm like this. Sor--ry if.. I became like this, like a demon." I can't stop my tears from falling as the confidence that I tried to build up painstakingly seems to be breaking apart, especially seeing how she acts right now.

"Grey.. what are you talking about?! I.. I didn't say I'm scared of you. I know you just kill someone to live. I know you're good inside and was a really great person, that.. that.. I like to be with you as I journey." Shine said hastily, trying to clarify what I just misunderstood. Hearing her clarification, I can't help but feel relieved, as tears start to flow faster. I'm not really a person who cries easily but Shine just has this attribute that can make me cry even for just a small reason.

"Then.. then.. why do you act like you're scared? You.. you act like.. you're gonna distance yourself to me? Leave me alone? Shine... I.. I don't want you to leave. I don't want to be alone in this world again. Please... Please.. stay by my side. I need you, Shine. I.. I can't just seem to continue living without you. I.. I know it might sound ridiculous, sounds unbelievable... but I don't understand as well why I like you to be at my side, accompany me with my journey."

"Grey... I am like that too. I want you to be at my side and me to be at your side. I want us to journey together. I wasn't afraid because of you, changing suddenly, but I'm scared.. I'm scared you might get turned into someone."

"What.. what do you mean, Shine?"

"You.. you have a demon covering your body. Black.. gas keeps sinking into your body, replacing your presence. I.. I got scared at the thought that something just happened to you. That.. you might already leave me behind."

"What? Shine.. I.. I can't just leave you alone. I.. I can't do that, since I need you."

As I and Shine were still engrossed in our emotions, a sudden warning resounded in our minds. A serious voice, with a hint of fear, echoed, almost deafening our ears.

"Warning: Pitch Black Warning: An unavoidable danger has been sensed by the system. Two strong presence has been identified, intending on capturing the two host."

'What?! System... What.. what are you trying to say?! Can't you at least finish our drama?!'

'As I said... Two dangerous existence has been sensed. Warning! Warning! The host is recommended to run towards the left!'

As the desperate voice from the system echoed in my head, I was influenced to follow it as Shine seems to have received the same instructions.

Swish!

A flash of light suddenly hit the position that we had just stood in previously, as smoke pervade the air, while the ground has deep holes. The strong impact of such a sneak attack was felt by the two of us, despite the distance from the source. If we were unexpectedly hit by that attack, we might, no, we will surely explode in an instant without us even knowing why, why we died unknowingly.

Golden black bullets pierced the ground that supposedly hit their bodies. As big as the body of a spider, the lethality increases.

"What?! What.. what is that?!" Shine was as terrified as me, as she tried to hide behind my back, shaking.

"Damn it! Who's that someone that tried to harm us?!" I, who was emotional earlier, suddenly filled with rage, as steam seem to leak from my body. I can't just accept to see Shine become scared like this, cowering in fear, like a small chicken in front of a fox.

I can't help but feel rage, as danger can't just leave the two of us alone. We just want to have a moment of leisure time after escaping death, but fate just doesn't seem to be on good terms with me.

'Damn it?! Why does danger don't want to separate from us?! Why does it's itching to kill me?! It's fine if it's me, but why dragged Shine?!'

I was so angry that a sudden notification echoed again.

'Congratulations to the host for reaching a certain degree of anger, and unlock the hidden function: Sudden Strength

Sudden Strength: the host can strengthen his strength by twofold, consuming points to keep it.

Note: the function, Sudden Strength, can't be used until the host reach a certain degree of anger. The longer the host uses the skill, the more the points will be consumed.'

'It's not the time for that?! Just tell me how can we survive this danger?! And who's that who just shoot us?!'

'Answering the host... As the host fight the snake, two humans.. hunting wild animals, accidentally witness how the host killed the snake.'

'What?! Hu.. Humans?!'

'The host is right. If the host wants to know the answer to the second question, the host must use points to exchange.'

'Fine! Fine! Just tell me what I need to do!'

'0.5 has been deducted. The host is recommended to use a certain part of the snake, Body, and use its ability, super speed, and escape while lifting, the other chosen host, Shine.'

'what?! Escape?!'

'Yes. The host can't defeat the two humans despite having the Sudden Strength.

The host just uses the function, Supreme Time, and is unable to use it for five days.'

'Ah.. fine!'

"Shine tried to get on my back. We need to escape."

"Okay."

'Transform!'

A familiar gurgling of blood and body swelling once again strike me inside, as I tried to endure the pain.

After several moments, despite evading several bullets from the humans, I was finally able to finish my transformation.

A body of a snake and a head of a spider... It was so strange and unbelievable, but as the system exist, the impossible became possible.

Suddenly gaining the super speed, I crawl on the ground faster than sound, instantly gapping our distance, escaping for our dear life.

0