Chapter 17: Erasure
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?! What.. what are you saying?" I.. I tried to muster my courage to speak as I look at Astin. I might just hallucinate things or heard things, because.. it can't be true

If.. if he's really my.. brother.. no.. no way!!! My siblings can't experience what I experienced here! No... They.. they can't feel that! They should be living a good life! They can't die there!  They.. they need to survive. And also.. if.. he's really one of my siblings, then he.. he should die first! No! My siblings can't die! They need to live together, and have a better life! Even if I didn't get that chance, but... they should have a better life. They deserve it... they shouldn't be deprived of it.

"Brother... I'm.. I'm.. Jant. Brother.." The most hateful thing I don't want to hear the most has unexpectedly forced to enter my ears. Tears flow non-stop as strong emotions surge within my body.

 

My breathing has been affected may be due to shock, as I breathe heavily. Dizziness starts to hit my head, making my balance unstable.

'Warning: White Warning: The host has been emotionally unstable. Anomalies have been found and analyzed that strong emotions will kill the host. As the host was just put in an artificial body, the host can't feel strong emotions, as the system would be altered.'

A kind warning was ignored by me, as I look at Astin.

"No way!!! You can't be Jant, okay?!!! You're lying!"

"Bro.. brother.. I'm.." Astin let go of his embrace and look at me, scared to say anything.

"Don't call me brother!!! You're not Jant! You're not Jant! You can't die!"

"I'm.. I'm sorry.. brother.. I'm sorry.."

"You!!! Stop it already! Don't try to fool me!! My siblings can't die! They can't suffer what I had suffered!"

"I'm Jant.. Brother.." Seeing how his brother worries about him and his other siblings, Astin was touched and a strong desire to pay for his brother's efforts start to sprout in his heart.

"How many times do I have to tell you??!! You're not Jant!! How could you be Jant?! Jant is still studying at Earth!"

"I'm.. sorry.. Brother. I.. I died with Sister Gail." Another bombshell bomb my entity, as my emotions surge furthermore. Hearing that name, I can't seem to finally withstand the impact of what I just heard.

'Warning: Warning: A shared warning: The Chosen Host, Grey Dy, has been analyzed to be emotionally unstable. The host Grey Dy would die if emotions can't be stopped. Will the two hosts agree to erase Grey's memories within this day?'

A serious voice echoed in my head, as well in Shine's and Jant's head... but as I felt hard to breathe, as if my air passage has been clogged, while my body struck with impossible pain... my brain can't function as I didn't understand what the system said. All I felt at this moment is my dying life.

'What?! System.. what.. what are you talking about?!' Shine's voice echoed in my head but it was vague.

'What?! No.. My.. My brother can't die!'

'who?! Who are you?! How can you speak in my mind? Are you with Grey right now? What did you do to him?'

'Sister Gail.. is.. is it you?'

'How.. who are you? No.. you can't be Jant?'

'yes.. brother.. brother will die. Sister.. Gail.. it's my fault.'

'Jant.. what are you saying? Where are you now? Are you with your brother?'

'Yes. My.. my brother knows I am Jant, and can't accept it. He.. he's been emotionally unstable.'

'what? How did Grey find out about you?'

'it's.. it's because I said it to him.. sister Gail.. is.. is it my fault? No.. brother can't die.'

'Remaining time: 10.. 9... 8...'

'What?! No.. He can't die.. Jant, let's agree with the system.'

'Okay.. sister Gail.'

'Agreement has been received. Memory cancellation is in progress now.'

As Shine and my brother agreed with the process.. my consciousness was like being robbed from my body, as someone seem to bite at it. It left me unconscious as I fell on Astin's hand lifelessly.

Astin held my body with the utmost care, as if I were the most fragile thing, as fear filled his shaking body, as if afraid of breaking me. He look at me with strong emotions just like what I have, and sat on the ground, waiting for me to wake up patiently.

He looks like a child who's being fooled by someone to wait for him, not really moving an inch, with expectant and hope in his glistening black eyes.

"Brother.. please.. don't die! I.. I'm sorry. It's.. my fault. If.. if not for me-- you.. you-- woul--dn't die. Brother.. please wake up. You.. you can forget that I'm.. your brother.. and forget how I missed you.. but please.. don't die. I.. I can't accept it if you die."

"Brother..." Astin continue to throw the burden in his heart when a sudden voice startled him.

"Ja..Jant?" Shine looks at the human, Astin, with shock in her eight eyes, and looks at the familiar figure in his hand.

"Jant? You.. you're the one who tried to hunt us?!" Shine can't believe what she had just witnessed right now, but the tears on Astin's face slapped her strongly, making her know that it was indeed true.

"Sister.. Gail.. Brother..."

"You're really Jant?!"

"Yes.. sister Gail. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry if I hurt you.. it's all my fault."

"No.. Jant. It's not your fault. It's no one's fault, so don't blame yourself. Grey would be just fine. The system said he would live."

"But.. sister Gail.. I.. I can't be ass.."

"Jant! Listen, okay?! It's fine! Grey would live?! Got it?!"

"Ye..yes." Astin was forced to agree, as he also pick up Shine before placing her in his lap, where I lay lifelessly. Strong emotion build up in her heart as well, as she gently touch the body of the man she loved.

0