Chapter 18: Jealousy
11 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah!!" I was awoken by a sudden pain in my head, as a human and Shine greeted my eyes.

"Shine!!" I was shocked to see Shine in that human's hand, and fear instantly filled me up. I can't possibly let Shine be captured and killed by that human.

'But.. but why did a human be here?! And.. and he's even capturing us?!' 'Damn it! What.. what did just happen?! Aren't I and Shine just relaxedly watching the sunset yesterday?! Why.. why are we in this human's hand?!'

'Can't.. can't be.. this human saw us at the top of that tree?! But.. but that's impossible!'

"Human!!! How.. how dare you capture her?!" I was angry at the human as I instantly bite the flesh underneath my body, but the pain was the only thing I just received. That human's flesh was like iron, preventing my teeth to sink inwards.

"You!!! Don't touch her?!" I tried to throw a fit as I can't let Shine be captured. I used all my strength.. but a sudden voice echoed.

'The host can't hurt the known other Chosen Host. Punishment will be delivered if the other chosen host was injured by the host.'

'what?! Other chosen host?! Known?! But I didn't hurt Shine! Wait.. you're.. you're not telling me.. this.. human is..'

'The host is right. And the host has already known him before.'

'Impossible! This can't be happening?! How.. how can that host become a human already?! Did he reborn in a human body? And when did I know him?! In my sleep?! System.. are you f*cking kidding me?!'

'Warning: One insult word and the host will die along with the other Chosen Host. The system is unable to tell how the host knows the third chosen host. The three chosen hosts were reborn equally.'

'then how in the world is he a human already?!'

'The host can't surpass privacy.'

'Damn it!!'

"Grey.. you.. you're awake?" Shine asked me worriedly which itch my heart. That look on her face was like heaven as if mourning for her bereaved lover.

"Yes.. but Shine! Why.. why are you in that human's hand?! Did he hurt you?! Did that bastard try to kill you?!"

"What? No.. He's.. He's the one who saves us. He... He save us from falling, didn't you remember that?" A pang of sudden guilt was apparent in her eyes but it was instantly replaced by a serious look. That made me confused and can't help but doubt her words, but as I thought it for a second, Shine wouldn't lie to me. I don't know why.. but I always feel like Shine wouldn't dare to hurt me, as I wouldn't dare to hurt her as well.

I didn't know why I always feel like this like I'm overflowing with joy every time I saw her smiling, get hurt when she's crying, and angry if she was hurt.... but that's just how I feel so I can't do anything about it.

"Save us? Why? Did we fall from that tree?"

"Ye--yes. As we fall... Astin, the other chosen host, was coincidentally walking around the forest to look for prey, and accidentally saw us. That's why.. he saves us."

"Then why did I become unconscious?"

"You accidentally bump on his thumb, ending you to faint. But don't worry, he's kind." Hearing that sentence that was really supposed to comfort me, I was strangely felt annoyed, as if she was trying to defend him. But I didn't show it as I was not a petty person and besides.. what's the reason why would I get annoyed.

"You.. you're Astin?" I asked the human, Astin, who's looking at me like he's longing for me for quite a while now, and can't help but get affected by him. It's as if something in my heart was bitten as I felt like I was missing something.

"Ye..yes.. I'm.. I'm.. As--Astin." Tears suddenly flow from his eyes, which caught me unguarded. Seeing him cry makes me as if I just did a terrible mistake that I didn't know.

"Why... Why are you crying?" I asked anxiously as if I were just making a child cry, trying to appease him.

"Astin... don't cry. It's fine.. don't worry about it. I'm still here." Shine suddenly comfort Astin, and if she were just a human, she would definitely hug him and pat his back. Thinking it like that, something sour started to brew inside me.

"Hmmph... Why are you crying?! Are you a baby?!" I was annoyed as my thinking became unreasonable. All the emotions that want to germinate were suddenly dried by irritation.

"I'm.. not.. a cry baby."

"Hey, Grey... don't be like that. What's wrong about crying?"

"Whatever. Anyways.. how.. how in the hell did you level up so fast?! How can you be a human instantly?!"

"I.. I also felt like I was having a cheat, as I already level up into level 9 within just a day, but.. that's only because..I was in the ocean, and there's a school of fish that I.. I annihilated. I'm.. I'm a bad person." Astin narrates what happened to him, and I finally understand how did he level up. I also understand how he feels as if he's the most terrible person.

I was actually confused because.. the system said I'm the first to reach level 5, so how could I do that when there's already a human? Maybe after I level up to 5, Astin met the school of fish and killed it, before killing other stronger life forms.

"Don't cry, Astin.. it's fine. It's the same for all of us. We need to kill to survive, so there's nothing wrong about that.. Don't cry, okay?" Shine tried to comfort Astin with worried eyes, which is kinda irritating to watch.

"Why are you crying again?! Are you made of water?!" 

"Grey! Don't say it like that. Aren't you just like him, acting like a crybaby?"

"Sister Shine.. don't.. don't fight him.. let's.. let's not fight, okay?"

"Astin, I'm not fighting him, but he's becoming unreasonable now."

"What?! I'm unreasonable?! Why?! What did I do, Shine?!" I really felt annoyed, as I glared at Astin, instead of sympathizing with him.

"Grey.. what's wrong with you? You're not like this before, ah."

"What?! So I change just because you saw him?! What did that guy just make you eat for you to change your view?!"

"What?! Grey.. what are you trying to say?"

"That you like him since he's strong!"

"Grey!! How.. how could you say that?! Do.. do I look like that kind of a person?!"

"Brother.. Grey.. how.. sister Shine.. wa.. wasn't looking at me that way. We're.. we're just like siblings."

"Hmmph.. you can fool anyone but me!"

"Grey!! You're.. you're being too much now! I'm.. I'm so disappointed at you, Grey!" Shine was really angry at me, as I see her glaring eyes before she jump from Astin's hand and run away, leaving me alone with Astin.

"I'm.. I'm sorry, Brother Grey.. but.. but I think you're at fault."

"You!! How.. how dare you say that to me?! Don't act so cocky now." 

I also leave Astin alone, who then followed Shine, as I actually felt angry toward myself. How.. how could I just do that to her?! How.. how could I make her angry! I'm.. I'm such a terrible person! Damn it!

Why.. why do I become so annoyed?! If.. if not because of Astin, then she wouldn't get angry at me?! Damn him! But.. but why is she acting like that towards him?! She's obviously trying to say that she likes him! So annoying! She never act like that before towards me! So.. so why did she act like that?!

And she said I'm being unreasonable?! Why?! Is.. is it wrong to be annoyed seeing how she act towards him?! Wait.. wait.. why.. why I am feeling like this?! It's like I'm being.. jealous?! Eh? Do.. do I like her?! Wait.. no wonder I felt those strange feelings! I.. I indeed like her! Damn it! I'm.. I'm such a fool! Why. Why didn't I notice it early?! That.. way.. I.. I wouldn't make her get angry!

As I tried to chase Shine to apologize, regrets and repentance filled my saddened heart, as anxiety tried to mix in, thinking that Shine would never forgive me or might distance herself from me from now on. I.. I can't just imagine such a thing, thus making me hope to fix things that went astray.

2