Chapter 19: Ocean of Despair
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ding... the host can just teleport to where Shine is right now.'

A cold voice startled my mind as I halt for a moment.

'Eh? System.. do.. do I heard something wrong?'

'Host... Please don't act like this. The system is not what the host thinks of. Please.. be aware that the system will not tolerate any insult and mistreatment.'

'So.. you give me.. a skill like a teleport? You.. system? Giving me teleport? Hahahaha! System.. don't joke around. I'm not in the mood to joke with you as I still need to find Shine.'

As the system was just unbelievable, I continue to chase Shine, but it seems that the way I went in was the wrong path, as trees start to fade and were replaced by bodies of water.

A cold breeze strongly slap my body, making me feel cold, as I tried to turn back to the forest. Shine and Astin wouldn't go towards this water since they're not a fool. But there's just this something magnetic within myself that wants me to go towards it and just forget Shine and Astin.

I didn't know what that ocean is.. but a bad premonition was felt as if a demon was lurking around me, watching my every move. And it feels like if I tried to continue my path... I would vanish in this world, being forgotten by everyone.

Despite the strong urge, I just ignore it, since I can't risk my life with something like that, as I don't want to lose Shine. I had already lost the woman I love back then.. but this time.. I.. I want to fight. I want to be brave and express what I feel, that's why I can't go there.

'Host! Please.. change your view about the system. The system was not a stingy existence but just following the system's rules.

'So.. you really give me teleportation?'

'The host is right. Due to the host meeting the other two chosen hosts, the host has obtained the Ultimate Connection.

Ultimate Connection: The three hosts can be connected despite different locations. The host can teleport to where the other host is located.

Note: Teleportation can only be used once a week.'

'Eh?! So.. I.. I really have teleportation?'

'How many times does the host want to ask the system, in order for the host to believe?'

'Don't get so annoyed. I.. I just can't believe it, okay? It's rare for the system to be kind.'

'Host...'

'I know.. I know. So.. how do I teleport to Shine?'

'Host... the system can't tolerate such rudeness! Penalty: The host will be sent to, Ocean of Despair (Punishment Hall).

Ocean of Despair: A variable place in this world that has been created only for the three chosen hosts that have been luckily selected from around the entire universe. Ocean of Despair is a place where all punishment was placed, to teach the host who disrespects the system a lesson.

Normal Punishment: Electrified for 10 days. ( the host is undead)

     Sin: the host has been rude and has insulted the host numerous times.

Uncommon Punishment: Bathed in Acid for 20 days. (the host is undead)

     Sin: the host has blamed the system for the host's fault.

Painful Punishment: Eaten by Wolf for a month (the host is undead)

     Sin: the host has disgraced the system towards the other two chosen hosts.

Torture Punishment: the host will be killed by all means for an entire year. (the host is undead)

     Sin: the host has disclosed the existence of the system to humans.

Insta-kill Punishment: the host will be killed and can't be reborn anymore.

     Sin: the host had used the system for a bad purpose.

Note: the host does not need to worry about his form inside the Ocean of Despair, as the appearance of the host will not be altered before and after going to the Ocean of Despair.

As the host has insulted the host numerous times despite warning and has blamed the system while fighting the king cobra, the host will be put in oCean of Despair for 30 days. 10 days for electrifying, and 30 days for bathing in acid.'

'System... What.. what are you talking about?! No!! Tel.. teleport me to where Shine is!'

'No!! I'm sorry, System! I'll not do it again! Please.. forgive me! I.. I can't be away for 30 days! Astin and Shine might end up together! Please.. system!'

'System.. I'm wrong.. I'm wrong.. please.. don't send..'

As I was still trying to beg for mercy, a strong suction force has dragged me somewhere, making me pass out.

At the same time...

"Sister Shine.. are.. are you okay?" Astin asked Shine worriedly, still shock to see me acting jealous. That is the first time he witness how I get jealous, as I back then was a serious person who was always troubled about how I will feed my siblings, and didn't have time to find my love.

"Jant.. does.. does.. Grey was jealous?" Shine, who I thought would be angry, was actually blushing and smiling.

"Eh? Sister.. Shine.. you.. you're not angry?" Astin was surprised to see Shine looking like that, as he also expected her to be angry.

"I.. I'm angry.. of course, but.. I can't.. help but blush."

"You still love brother, Grey?'

"Yeah.. Sorry, Jant."

"Why are you apologizing? I also understand your choice and my brother has no time for romance back then."

"Thank.. you, Jant. So... Is.. is he jealous earlier?"

"Yes. I didn't expect my brother to be jealous as well. Maybe he still doesn't know that he likes you."

"Eh? Why? How do you say so?" Shine was surprised to hear Astin, as I had already confessed to her before we part for a moment, but also remembered that the system has erased part of my memories.

"Because... If brother was aware of his feelings, he will not get jealous but instead, compete with me to gain your affection."

"Really?" Shine can't help blush as a bright smile appeared on her face.

'Ding! Ding! System Notification!

A certain chosen host, Grey Dy, has violated and insulted the system, thus punishment will be deployed. Insulting and blaming the system non-stop, Grey Dy has committed a sin that gets him Normal Punishment and Uncommon Punishment. 

The chosen host, Grey Dy, will be locked in Ocean of Despair, a place for punishment to teach the host who disrespects the system for 30 days.

This notification will act as a warning that the system does not tolerate maltreatment and disrespect. Please, beware of that, as the system will no longer issue any warning.'

A cold voice, threatening, make the two who were immersed in talking to be filled with shock.

"What?! Brother.. brother is being punished?!"

"What?! 30 days?! Grey will be gone for 30 days?!" Shine seem to lose all her spirits that were lively before, as her eyes went sad.

1