Chapter 20: Lifeless
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Normal Punishment will begin in three.. two.. one...'

A loud voice seems to want to burst into my head, as I woke up with a familiar body. A large body with feet and arms.. it feels like I have the body I had back then, but why does it feel like my arms had been tied? My feet were chained?

As I was still dizzy, I tried to completely open my eyes, yet the thing that entered my vision was the electric currents. Sizzling sounds came from the bluish-white lightning-like current, as a dangerous aura exudes from them. They move like a snake as they tried to spread everywhere inside the dark room.

Within an empty room, only electric current and me, who was tied and chained, can be found inside it, making me tremble from fear.

'System.. what.. what's this?' I asked the system being terrified, as every time I look at the current, I felt like my eyes will go blind and my flesh will be burnt.

'As the host keeps on insulting the system, the host will be punished. 

   Day 1: 0.1 Ampere will be sent to the host. 

        Note: The host need not worry, as the host is immortal in times of normal punishment. As the host gets used to the pain... the ampere will increase by 0.1'

A cold yet friendly warning echoed in my head that sent me into despair.

'System.. please.. I.. I'm wrong! I won't do it again.. Please send me back to Shine. System...'

'The host should know how many times the system warns the host. The system does not tolerate any maltreatment and disrespect.'

A sudden regret and repentance appeared on my face as the electric current suddenly start to move.

'Ahhh!!!!' I yelled desperately as I struggle and want to break the knot and chain, but the system had used a strong level of materials and my struggle went for naught. A terrible pain that becomes a severe shock strikes me non-stop as the current was like a hungry snake, biting me non-stop. 

They're like a drill that seems to burn my flesh and organs, but as the system set me as an immortal, it regenerates in a blink of an eye, thus extending the torture.

'The host should repent his sin right now. The system, after all, is an existence that is above all the life form within this world.'

'You!.... How... Ahhh!!!!' the pain doubled as I tried to blame the system, making me unable to withstand it. I want to pass out so that I can just wake up after the punishment ended as if nothing happened, but the system seems to be able to control my body.

Humans should die right now as 0.1 amperes can be lethal, but the system was merciless as he make me immortal and can't faint.

'As the host don't repent his sin... The punishment will just double. The system now won't tolerate the host anymore. If the host has blamed the system for giving the host a terrible second life.. the system will not be reluctant to instantly kill the host and send you to the underworld. If the host will insult the system... the reduction of points plus punishment will be given to the host. If the host felt unhappy about the system... the host's memories will be erased.'

A strong notification has sent into my brain while I was still suffering such torment that could shake the soul. I.. I seem to understand the system now.. and it feels like I'm the bad guy again.

Well... That's not strange. I am a bad guy after all. I never did anything right... I always do the wrong... I always get blamed... Get punished.. but why?! Why did I never feel the feeling of being treated by someone? Why?? I did everything I could? I did everything so I could just get what i desire. But why is it still not enough?!

Does the system say don't blame him?! Hahaha!! Why? Just because it was way above all life forms? So now.. I don't have the freedom to speak what I want? To express what I feel?! That's the only freedom I could have and now.. the system wants to take it away?! The system says not to blame it... But why does it do blameful things?! I never blame someone who doesn't deserve it. Hahaha!! Well.. maybe because I am the bad guy.

'Ahh!!!' the pain seems to be etched in my body now as my tears keep on flowing down from my eyes. My body was burnt but regenerated afterward. I have burnt organs as well, but they also regenerate. I had a shattered soul but.. but.. why does it feel like it can't be revived? Why.. why does my heart can't be restored?

My heart feels like being engulfed in a black mist.. that.. that keeps erasing the emotions I have. The anger.. the regrets.. the fear... the suffering... the joy... the sadness... and even the love... be it for Shine and my loved ones before, it.. it feels distant to me now.

Tears want to flood the entire room as the electricity increases.

'An anomaly has been sensed on the host. The host had successfully adapted to the pain of 0.1 amperes, thus the ampere will be increased.'

The amount of current in the room seems to be doubled, thus the pain becomes unbearable. But even so... there's just this strange mist in my heart that is devoid me of any emotion. It feels like I was alive yet do not have a soul.

I never wanted to become like this. I.. I also want to live like other people. I want to live with a smile on my face all the time. I want to live for no reason but just because I want to. I want to live without any worries.. without any depression. Though it can't be avoided in human life.. but even a bit was reduced to what I suffer right now.. it would be a great joy to me. I also want to love.. to be happy... to feel being loved... to feel how someone wants me to smile... but God has hated me after all. All he gives me is this... this depressing and unbearable life. 

'Ding! Ding! Ding! An anomaly has been sensed in the host. The host had successfully adapted to the pain of 0.2 amperes, thus the ampere will increase.'

The current has tripled and so does the pain too, but the black mist in my heart keeps on increasing as well, making me completely numb.

As the system notified me, the more my body became lifeless.

'Ding!!! An anomaly has been sensed on the host...'

As the voice of the system become distant... the eyes on my face slowly dimmed as my body and heart become lifeless, devoid of any life.

0