Chapter 21: Haroes
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ding! Ding! An anomaly has been found in one of the chosen hosts, Grey Dy. The host, Grey Dy, has been devoid of emotions. The system was unable to help the host, Grey Dy, and might remain emotionless for the rest of his life.'

A cold voice echoed in the head of Shine and Astin, as Shine was still fighting some snake, while Astin watch her do so, making both of them stunned.

'what?! Grey.. Grey has.. has gone numb?!'

'System.. what.. what are you saying?!'

'As the system said... The chosen host, Grey Dy, is now emotionless, devoid of feelings. The system can't help the host as the host himself was the only one who can cure himself.'

'System... what.. what have you done?! Why.. why did you make Grey become like that?!'

Shine felt as if something wants to destroy her faith, as she let the snake bites her. Pain seeped inside Shine's body, but she can't feel anything at the moment as sadness remains in her heart. She can't help but get sad for me, as she knew how did I suffer and what I experienced both in this world and in my previous world. Sympathy emerges in her eyes as regrets mix in.

'I.. I shouldn't say that to Grey. If.. If.. I just didn't act angry towards him.. then.. he.. he wouldn't be like this. He.. he wouldn't get punished and be numb. It's.. it's all my fault.' Tears dropped from Shine's orange eyes subconsciously.

"What?! How.. how did brother become like that?! System.. you're.. you're lying?! My brother can't be like that?! My.. my.. brother is strong! When we're still in our world.. my.. my brother didn't.. give up. He.. he fed us despite doing crimes... Risk his life just to survive.. so.. so how could he become like that?! You're lying System!!"

'Ding! Ding! Ding! As it might have been the system's fault for how the chosen host, Grey Dy, become emotionless, the two hosts will be exempted from the punishment. The system is an existence above any life form, so the two hosts should treat the system respectfully. One more disrespect will send the two hosts towards the Ocean of Despair.'

"Hahaha!! I.. I know now. I know now why Grey become like that! It's really because of you, System! It's all your fault!" Shine.. who didn't like what the system said, said rashly.

"Sister Gail.. don't.. don't be like that. You.. you can't end up going on that ocean as well.. Sister Gail.."

'As the chosen host, Grail Hart has blamed the system for the other's host fault, the chosen host Grail Hart will be sent to the Ocean of Despair to receive the chosen host' punishment for 20 days.'

A cold voice resounded inside Shine's head, making her a bit restless. She.. she doesn't want to get punished..  and she also knows that it's not the system's fault or anything because in fact.. the system gave them this second life.. so they should be grateful.. but.. she.. she wants to see me.. she want to try possible ways to make me free from numbness.

The violet sky suddenly become pitch-black as a bolt of black lightning instantly fell, striking Shine. As the lightning faded, Shine also fade leaving Astin alone.

"No!!!"

"I... i can't let you.. Brother.. sister.. go! Let.. let me go as well.."

'System.. can.. can you please also.. sent me towards them?'

'The hist is unable to go towards the Ocean of Despair. Unless the host violates the rules.. the system will send the host to the Ocean of Despair for punishment.'

"It's because you're such a useless.. f*cking system! You.. you reborn us but why with that state?! It's all your fault! You're giving us this useless life!"

'As the chosen host, Jant Dy insulted and curse the system, the chosen host, Jant Dy will be sent to the Ocean of Despair to receive the chosen host' punishment for 10 days.'

The violet sky once again become pitch-black as a bolt of black lightning fell in a blink of an eye, disappearing with Astin.

At the same time...

Behind the big bushes, a lone man can be found sneaking toward a human and spider talking to each other.

This human was none other than the one who went to the forest with Astin, Haroes. Haroes, who was supposed to be unconscious was unexpectedly watching the two, Astin and Shine talking and acting as if something big happened without any surprise as if he had already expected something like this 

As Haroes continues watching, two bolts of black lightning fell almost at the same time striking the same place.

"What?! What are those two thinking?! Why.. why would they let themselves go towards that place?! Aren't they afraid?!" Haroes eyes want to pop from their sockets, as his mouth were opened.

He didn't expect the two to be actually brave enough to go towards that punishment hall on their own accord, since Haroes knew that the two didn't want or have no reason to insult or disrespect the system.

"System.. system.. can you tell me what's wrong with those two? Why are they acting like that? And also... Where's the other one?"

"The former host is unable to acquire any information. And also.. the former host should not have the ability to talk to the system." A cold voice yet terrified resounded in Haroes mind.

"Hahaha.. really?! Why? If I plan to destroy this world.. do you dare bet that I can't destroy it?" Haroes smirk as if ridiculing the system.

"Former host, are you threatening the system?!"

"Oh.. does it sounds like that to you?!"

"If the former host tried to do that... The system will unreasonably kill the former host's two sons."

A bomb was presented to Haroes, and his eyes doubled while his face was dumbstruck. 

"Wh.. what?! What did you say?!"

"The former host should not act cocky toward the system. The system is after all, way above all life forms in a world."

"You! What.. what did you just say right now?! Say it!"

Haroes, who thinks he might mishear or hallucinate things, kept asking the system desperately. Strong black gases start to leak out from his body, as the black gases were like a miasma, drying the trees they touch in an instant. The ground gave in as a tremendous aura surged. All nearby life forms run for their dear life, as a warning was sensed by the native in the world, Artificial.

"Former Host! Don't.. don't dare try to use the power you stole from the demon system!" A cold voice with a hint of panic resounded as if afraid of Haroes destroying his world.

"Then tell me! What.. what did you just say?!"

"The.. the former host's two sons were reborn in this world. As the luckiest former host was the mother of the two hosts, the two hosts naturally acquire your luck and do become the chosen host when the former host went astray along with her husband and friend."

"Damn you, system! It's.. it's all because of you!!! You kill me in my world with my husband, that left my child with no support! And now you kill my two sons?! I'll never forgive you!!!"

Haroes, who was my and Jant's mother was filled with rage, that comes from being robbed of being a mother. The aura keeps increasing as the earth quakes, making the natives near the forest be alarmed.

Haroes.. who wants to be a mother to her 7 children along with her husband was actually killed due to misfortune set by the system. And the worst thing is.. she.. she died with her husband.. that gives up in the end and went to the underworld along with her best friend.

Leaving her own child alone.. no mother can't do that, especially knowing that her child was still a kid and has no one to rely on. She keeps thinking of caring for them... making them feel how to be loved by a mother... How a child would normally live, make them eat her cooking, lullaby them to fell asleep.. to send them to school and so on.. but.. but all that dream was destroyed by the system.

The system who thinks that it was so kind as to give us the second life... which is because to repent the killings it made, makes Haroes blood boil in anger.

When her husband gives up on leveling up and becoming a human, Haroes was actually sent into despair.. which then she coincidentally met the demon who fed on despair, Behemoth. She risks her soul in order to steal Behemoth's power and successfully fooled the demon who went on a rampage and destroy half of hell.

Gaining the strength of the demon, Haroes then oath that she will get revenge on the system but she.. she didn't expect that.. the system actually took two of her sons..

No mother would want to hear that, knowing their child die just because of that useless reason! 

"Damn you!!! I'll destroy this world!"

"Don't dare, Former Host. The system will have no choice but to take your other five children if you destroy the world!"

"Damn... Damn you!!!!" Haroes.. who really want to throw a fit, suppress the anger brewing inside her, as a mother can't let her child die. That's how a mother's love for their child, the child they held for nine months inside their belly, the child they are willing to suffer hardship and pain, yet the system would mercilessly use it to threaten her?

2