Chapter 22: Demon System
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ding! Ding! The other two chosen hosts had disrespected the system thus getting themselves their punishment.'

A cold voice echoed in my head, along with the sizzling of a terrible electric current that seem to burst the room. Although I knew that Shine and another host will be put in the same situation as I am, I can't feel anything.

The black mist that shrouds my heart keeps on thickening that although my heart wants to and has the urge to feel angry and worried about Shine.. I.. I just can't. I don't know why... I have no life in my eyes.. in my body.. and even in my soul. The black mist was like a prison that sealed all my feelings inside. I can't seem to walk out from its bind and that makes me sad but I just can't.

'Ding! The host has been corrupted by strong depression and become devoid of any feelings. The system can't help the host as the host was the only one who can help himself.'

'I know. You're the right one, System.. so.. you don't need to worry about me. But thanks.' I said awkwardly because although I want to shout.. to blame... And to throw a tantrum, the black mist just keep stopping me and controlling my body.

As I was still currently receiving my punishment, the room suddenly shake terribly as two black lightning strike down. Black and bluish-white compete with each other but it didn't last that long.

"Grey!!" Shine.. who had just gone inside the Electrifying Room was filled with terror as she look at me. I don't know why she looked terrified, but suddenly.. my eyes seems to constrict as I saw a beautiful woman.

A woman with who I was so familiar. A woman who I gave my heart to. A woman who I tore for and cried for. A woman who makes me feel happy. And a woman who changed me.

And besides that woman.. a handsome man in his teen was staring at me as if scared. Tears suddenly burst from me.. that the black mist was unable to seal since strong emotions surged.

"Gail? Jant?" I.. I can't seem to accept what my eyes had seen but even though I blink at them numerous times, the same view keeps on reflecting in my eyes.

Though.. I was surprised on my inside.. even though if I was angry.. even if I want to throw a fit.. even if I was upset.. even though if I was terrified.. my eyes still held no life. My body was completely devoid of life as I just stand still motionlessly.

I look at the two with the twisted face... But the two look like they just saw a monster. Tears flowed down while their jaws dropped wide open.

"Grey!!!" Shine shout as loud as she could as she want to run towards me but a sudden knot and chain tied her body, making her immobilized. Astin was the same as Shine as they just watch me bathed with electric current.

"Ahhh!!!" The two shout as loud as they can, as an electric current attacks them. They're not like me who is devoid to feel anything, and thus completely suffering the torment I should suffer now.

"Ahhh!!!" Two loud shouts out of pain seem to deafen me and filled the room, as Shine and Astin want to struggle.

They look at me with surprise yet become fearful as well.. since I look like as if I just felt nothing.

'As the host has been unable to feel anything.. the Normal Punishment now will be pointless thus unable to teach a lesson. The host, Grey Dy.. will be put in another room for receiving the host's other punishment, Uncommon Punishment.'

I want to stop the system since I was worried about Shine.. but I just let the system do what it wants strangely.

The room shake terribly, making me be dragged away by an unknown force to another room.

Shine and Astin seem to feel the strangeness happening towards me and want to stop me... But as the electric current was too painful for them... they become devoid of the chance to do it.

The system sent me to a pool with just acid.. as I was put mercilessly. Terrible pain surge inside me.. as my skin seems to be eroded and dry but my body got already used to doing it, and instead of pain.. though it might not be apparent, anger overflowed from my heart, thus the view I have for the system dropped dramatically.

"Ding! Congratulations to the host for acquiring the Demon System...' a cunning and malicious voice echoed, wanting to entice and sway me.

'You!!! How.. how dare you appear?! Don't snatch away what is mine!' I was shocked to hear the system to said like this.. as its voice was full of anger and hostility. That makes me intrigued because it seems that Demon System and the system was a foe, competing for its host.

'Hahaha! Lowly system.. what are you muttering there?! You're just a lowly trying to act high.. so just shut up!' a voice filled with ridicule gained my approval as I hate the system.

'you!!! You!! You're the lowly one! If you want a host... Just go to Earth and get your pick! Why do you always want to snatch what is mine?!'

'why?! Didn't you snatch what is mine too?! Hahaha! Hey, lowly system.. don't dare forget what you have done! Because of you.. I lost my skills!"

'Hey, disgusting demon... it's you who is a fool to get fooled by that girl! It's not my fault!'

As I continue to listen to the bickering inside my head that wants to send me unconscious... The black mist seems to be fading slowly since the hatred I had for the system dropped.

'Hey.. you say Demon System?'

'Yes.. my dear host. The Demon System is a system for the reborn host to become the strongest demon in the underworld. Though the host will be pit in the body of a demon insect first.. the host can level up through defeating other life forms.'

'Eh?! What's the difference between you and the system?'

'We might have the same concept.. but.. the host can have powerful skills since a demon is someone who can use magic.'

'If that's what you only have.. then just get the hell out of my head! I don't need it!'

'My dear host.. don't.. don't be.. like that. Please.. think about it thoroughly.'

'No.. Host.. you did the right thing. Don't follow your mother.. the former host.'

'What? Mother? You said mother, system? Do you know my mother as well?'

'The host has just hallucinated things. Maybe it's the effect of the punishment. Ding! Ding!  The host has adapted to the pain of normal acid. The acid will begin to transform into uncommon acid.'

The green fluid in the pool is suddenly dyed blue-green as the strong effect of erosion takes effect as well.

The black mist that stop thickening suddenly increased once again as the hatred I had for the system came back. 

The system.. says I hallucinate things.. but I'm sure it says, my mother. How.. how does the system knows my mother?! Is.. is the system referring the former host to my mother?! Then.. then does it mean.. my mother was also reborn here as well?! Experience what I feel as well?! Why?! Why.. does it keeps happening in my family.

 It's my mother.. then me.. and even my younger brother, Jant! Jant was still in college! So young! And my siblings next to him are just a high school so how could they live now on their own?! Why get Jant as well and not only me?! Why?!!!! Why does fate hate my family?! Did my family do something wrong in the past to deserve this kind of punishment?! Why?!

'Hahaha.. my dear host is right. The system said your mother. Actually.. the lowly system killed your mother and father to be reborn in this world.'

'Damn you, Behemoth!!!' a riled-up voice wants to deafen me as blood starts to leak out from my nose.

Another bombshell was thrown at me and the black mist.. that keeps struggling on sealing my emotions snapped, thus the compressed emotion burst.

'Ding! Ding! The host becomes emotionally unstable! The host will die if was not reset by the system. The host is recommended to be restarted.'

A warning echoed in my head but wasn't able to go through to me as I become unconscious. Even though the system set me up to be unable to faint, it was still not enough to stop me from being unconscious as my body start to shake.

2