Chapter 23: Known
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the Acid Pool, my body keeps on eroding non-stop, trembles violently, creating a splash as I start to sink down.

'Ding! Ding! The host needs to be reset so as to avoid being killed by the host's emotion.' A voice, with a hint of panic, resounded in my unconscious mind.

'Hahaha... Lowly system.. you better do everything now.. hahaha. If you make him die... Then I guess.. it is goodbye, right? Hahaha!' a voice filled with mockery and hatred echoed before fading, leaving the system alone in my head.

'Damn you, Behemoth! I'll.. get back what you have done to me someday!' a riled up voice filled with indignant reverberated, sending ripples that travels to the other system that was far away already.

'Oh.. then I'll wait for that.' a distant voice echoed, annoying the system.

In another place within the Ocean of Despair...

Two figures can be seen screaming in their lungs as a bluish-white electric current keep on attacking them as if a hungry snake... burning their inside that regenerates in a blink of an eye.

Electric currents filled the room when suddenly... a dark mist in the shape of a human figure descends from God know where removing all the electric currents thus giving Shine and Astin some free time to rest their exhausted body. The knot and chains were also removed giving the two the freedom to lay on the floor half-dead.

"The two chosen hosts, Gail Hart and Jant Dy are being needed by the system to help the other chosen host, Grey Dy, remain alive in this world.'

The human-shape mist suddenly speak with a scary voice that seemed to be capable of softening the legs of Shine and Astin. Plus with that scary information about me... the two were startled as if they were about to be eaten by a monster.

"Who.. who are you?" Shine's mind didn't process properly what's she just heard, and just look at the human-shape mist like a fool that cowering in fear.

"What the hell are you saying?! Who are you?!" Jant wants to think he just mishear the human-shaped mist due to the exhaustion and torment he just suffered.

"I am the system. The system can't descend above, so the system just used something to represent itself. And as the system said, the system needs the approval of the two chosen hosts, Gail Hart and Jant Dy, to reset their fellow chosen hist, who outburst from strong emotions." The system said seriously while the mist start to glitch.

"What?! What.. what the hell are you saying system?! What's.. what's wrong again with Grey?! Did something happen again?!" Shine who become enlightened was surprised and asked the system terrified. She never expected that I would be sent into strong despair again. She was sure that I might discover some information again, thus sending me to become emotionally unstable. 

'Why.. why does it always happen to him? Why.. does.. fate wants to weaken Grey's tolerance?! He.. he never committed a crime on his own. He.. he was a great person.. a great person I love! So.. why.. why does he need to suffer like this?!' Shine's tears doubled as she understands how would I feel. I have never been a weak person... I am strong as I survive all challenges in my previous world.. but when it comes to my family.. I become weak. And the system keeps on hitting my weakness... thus always making me depressed. Shine thought I might think this second life was given to me so to avoid all suffering and change my life... but she never expected that I would feel more despair in this world.

"Don't.. don't tell me it's.. because.. he.. he saw our true body? But.. but you said he's been numb?! System.. what the hell is happening?! Which is true and not?! System... please.. I am grateful for your second life given to me.. but if.. if.. you continue acting like this.. I.. I can't be sure if I can continue being grateful! We.. we would just wish.. we never received this kind of gift." Jant was like me, being emotionally unstable.. as he can't just continue to withstand what was happening with me.

Why.. why does my brother was the only one who suffers?! He's.. he's a good brother. Even though he kills.. but he's a good person. He's kind.. sweet and loving. So why.. why does God hate him?! And even if my brother suffers this to atone for his sin.. then why won't he let me suffer some of it?! Lessen the burden and despair that he gives to my brother?! Brother.. just want to live as well.. live a normal life.. even the most ordinary life.. but why he just can't?! I want to help him as well.. to have that kind of life.. to repay all the good deeds he has done for me and my other siblings.' Astin complained silently as tears start to flow from his eyes, making them red.

Astin's breathing suddenly congest, as if something stuck in his air passage, just like what happened to me before my memories got erased, and strongly clutched his heart.. trying to stabilize his breathing.

"Ding! The chosen host, Jant Dy has been emotionally unstable. Memories are needed to be erased, to avoid being killed by his emotion." The system.. who was now troubled said seriously. Some regrets seem to cross the system voice but it wasn't that noticeable.

"What?! Jant.. Jant.. what's.. what's happening to you?!" Shine.. who was still shaken because of what happened to me.. looks at Astin worriedly before shaking him to know if Astin is still awake.

"System!!! What.. what have you done?! Do you know how to pity and be sensitive?!" Shine.. who was still holding Astin's body, glared at the system with strong hatred in her eyes.. as tears hit Astin's pale face.

"Chosen Host, Gail Hart... you're being disrespectful now! The system has not done anything wrong! Don't accuse the system! Last warning and your punishment will be extended!"

"Hmmph! You're not at fault?! Hahaha... System.. we know from the start that all problems start within you! It's all your fault, and you know that! Due to that greediness lying inside your head.. thinking for your own to become human... You never did understand and care how we... Who got unlucky to be chosen by you.. feels! You don't deserve to be a human cause you're more terrible than a demon!" Shine.. who was full of anger.. and strong emotions.. blurted all residing in her heart as she also start to lack air. Her breathing became unstable as well.. as she starts to tremble just like me. Her body starts to get paled.. and her skin starts to fall off, letting blood continue to flow down.

Jant, who was held by Shine.. has a lack of air.. as his body paled. Shine, who was holding Jant seems to lose her balance and lay on the floor.. with her body shaking terribly as if wanting to turn into pieces on its own as her skin start to peel off, continuing to lose her blood. And me.. who was drowning in a pool full of acid, that also trembling reflected in the system.

The system looks at the three of us.. being troubled as this never happened before to the system.

0