Chapter 29: Desert
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was feeling really annoyed that I actually walk far away from the two as the surroundings from me become a bit different. The trees become a rare sight now.. while the greenery has completely vanished and was replaced by golden sand.

A vast land filled with gold.. with the sun heating the whole place was like grilling my whole body as the land I step in almost burned my legs if not for the system.

Such land makes me want to go back.. but the way was already lost as I only manage to know where I am after my emotions faded. It makes me regret now that I leave the two behind as I become worried now since this place is undeniably a vast desert. 

A desert means that there's no water! A desert has no food! A desert has nothing to have and was just exhausting, plus the sun sent endless hotness into the land!

"System.. system.. where am I?" I asked the system being scared as I continue to find my way back. I tried to see my traces but as the wind passes and dragged the sand.. my tracks have already ceased to exist making it impossible for me to find them anymore.

"As the host asked.. it seems that the host has been lost inside the vast desert in Artificial World, the Hellish Desert.

 Hellish Desert: It is a desert where only 5% of survival can be found." the system said with a cold voice.

"Answering the question... has cost the host by 0.3 points. Remaining points: 4.7"

"What?! How? Why.. why do I get a reduction?" I asked the system perplexed as I become worried that if my level went down from 5, it might make trouble for me.

"There's an Exchange function that the system has given the host. As the host has able to unseal it.. the function will naturally work automatically. The system after all can't answer or give information to the host. The system only needs to assist, remind, and warn the host."

"Eh?! Then why did you not say it to me first?! If you say so.. I wouldn't ask since I also know I'm in a desert!" I said blaming the system as I start to get thirsty now.

"If the host knows the answer.. then please don't bother to ask the system again so not to be deducted of points." the system said as if warning me.

"So it's my fault now?! Okay.. okay fine. Then since you already deduct points.. I can have follow-up questions, right?"

"No. The system does not involve in such a pointless deal. If the host wants to ask.. then use point." The system said to me making me feel my nerves bulging.

"Ah... Damn it! Then okay... I'll use my points. Tell me how to go back to where Jant and Gail are right now. I wanna say sorry to them and reconciled with them. I.. I actually become unreasonable back there."

"The host is recommended to spend 0.1 points to know the answer. Will the host want to know the answer?" the system asked.

"Of course. It's obvious what I would answer! This place is grilling me and likes killing me! Just tell me how could I go back there?"

"The host just needs to use teleportation from the function.. Ultimate Connection.

Ultimate Connection: the host can be connected to other chosen hosts despite different locations and can use teleportation to go to their place everywhere and anytime.

      Note: the host can only use teleportation for once a week."

"Eh? I have that function? Then why don't make me do it from the very beginning?" I asked the system getting annoyed now as if I was being played by it.

"Host.. warning! The system can't accept such treatment from the host. If the host feels hostile and angry.. the system has no choice but to give punishment. The system after all can't accept such rudeness and maltreatment." the system said coldly as if wanting to end me up now.. but it feels like it's stopping itself from saying those words as well.

"Eh? You had such punishment as well? Since I want to live this life now.. i don't want to feel hell ever again! Okay then.. I won't be rude and maltreat you unless you don't do bad things to my brother and Gail." I complied with the system which if I know how I act last time before I was restarted.. I would be sure to feel confused.

'Why do I seem to act calm right now? Why do my emotions seem strong? I don't actually curse or blame the system now? Why? How could I do that?' 

But that's only happened because I was being restarted. A part of me who will give me or make me feel emotionally unstable is currently sealed but I don't know for how long.. since the system can't do anything about human emotions. 

Humans are actually very powerful being because of their emotions. Their emotions are their power since no one can erase them from them. Emotions can help someone regain strength when someone feels too angry or rage.. can make someone feel sympathy if someone was too depressed, etc. Emotions are powerful as they can't be altered. Although it can be erased or altered but it's only temporary since it was not totally deleted. It's just being sealed.

And that's why.. I'm able to act like this.. to not make you all confused.. because the system has done or sealed something within me.

"That's good then, Host. Will the host use teleportation now?" the system asked me again.

"Yes. Use teleportation now. I want to be with them. Filled the moments I had missed back then. I'll surely live my life differently from before. I won't regret anything now." I said loudly as the system echoed in my head.

"Teleportation will start in 3.. 2.. 1.." as the count ends, a white whirlpool emerges above my head, and light starts to eat my body as it dragged me inside it.

A nauseous dragging sent me into something black before I was placed in front of such a bunch of snakes. 12 gigantic snakes can be found surrounding 2 spiders, who look terrified right now.

3 snakes were already hurt, while the remaining was gritting in anger.. making their aura increase. The two pitiful and poor spider in the center was trembling now as they surely knew that their end will be right now. Seeing the two trembling spiders.. the anger in my heart suddenly burst out as I shout loudly.

"Damn you disgusting snakes!!! Get away from the two of them!!! Go away!" I yelled with all my might as I run towards the snakes with my two legs positioned in the offense.

14 attention was caught.. as the two looked at me with tears in their eyes.. while 28 eyes glared at me as if wanting to eat me.

0