Chapter 32: Air Pressure Leveling
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the empty space within Ocean of Despair...

The three of us, I, Gail, and Jant were transported and able to escape from the attack of the enemies, but we're still facing such danger. The controller actually didn't transport us directly on the floor but instead in mid-air.

The height wasn't that high but as we were just in the body of the spider, it was already high enough for our legs to be broken and our body to be crushed. The momentum of our fall had suddenly increased as an unexpected air force forced us to go down at an incredible speed. Air slaps our body as if wanting to slice it which makes the three of us scared.

"Bro..brother... We're falling!!" Jant was surprised to see how far the ground is and instantly called to me asking for help, but unfortunately, I'm unable to do so as I was also scared of height.

"Jant, Grey, just held my legs. Don't worry.. we won't die since there's the controller." Gail, who was also trembling, bravely offered her legs to both of us and it make me feel ashamed. I should be the one to do that, not her.

"Controller... Why.. why did you bring us in mid-air?!" I asked the system angrily as I didn't expect this. We.. we pay off our 10 points.. and the system would just give us this?! Where's the just?!

"Three chosen hosts... the controller is not something you can ask casually. If you want an answer then use points." the controller has now become shameless as every happening is like a deal to it. 

"Controller! You're not like this before! Why do you become so stingy and greedy?!" I retorted back, still angry, as the controller, who just upgraded seems to be arrogant now.

"It is, but from before. As the system has evolved into controller now... every choice or move that the three chosen hosts do or take, the controller is now not to be concerned of it and will only help in exchange for points." the controller said seriously making the three of us really surprising and can't help but chuckle.

"Wow!! If not because of us.. you wouldn't evolve!!" Gail was the same as I am and find the words of the controller to be so unpleasant.

"Hosts.. if not because of the controller, you'll not be here and still breathing."

"Ah... You're so hateful!" Jant said as the three of us were so close to falling to the ground.

As the three of us has closed our eyes and accepted our fate.... an unexpected strong air force pushed up again into the air, but as our momentum was strong.. it was akin to smashing our bodies.

"Congratulations to the host for successfully enduring the 1st level of Air Pressure Leveling. 0.5 points will be given to the hosts." the system echoed to the three of us.. making us quite startled.

"Eh?! We level up?" I asked the system perplexed as I still endure the air that slap my body from the strong momentum.

"What? Is.. is it something like body tempering?" Gail also asked as she remembered something about body tempering from the book she read previously on Earth.

"The chosen hosts are right. It is indeed a body tempering that can level up the chosen host. As the controller has been upgraded, this function was also opened along with other functions that the chosen hosts can open in the future. 0.3 points will be deducted." the controller explained.

"What?! Points were deducted?! Ah!!!" I was momentarily immersed in the explanation of the controller but become annoyed when I heard the word deducted. The controller now was so shameless.

"Controller.. if we ask in the future.. please ask us if we want to use our points before you answer! You're cheating us right now." Gail said to the controller.. as she stop questioning the controller now.

"Brother... Sister Gail... Can I ask the controller?" Jant who see me and Gail being troubled by our points being deducted asked timidly while we were still going up.

"Eh? Why are you asking for our permission, Jant?" I said to Jant which can be considered as an agreement to him.

"You can ask the controller anytime you want, Jant. Don't worry about points, we can also get it back." Gail said to Jant confidently, as she was sure that the controller can't let us have zero points or else we'll die along with it.

"Thank you, brother.. sister Gail. Controller.. I want to exchange points for an answer." Jant said to the controller, making the latter seem excited.

"What is it, Chosen Host?" the controller asked.. as if anticipating the points that it can take from us.

"You said we succeeded in level 1 so it means that it has many levels, right? What is the highest level then? And is it possible that the higher the level the higher the points, right? And also... the 10 points you deducted from us.  it is like the entrance fee for us to go here, right? And not just because of those snakes, right? There's still a lot of solution you can give us other than transporting us to here, right?" Jant who was afraid to spend a large number of points asked all the questions he had in one breath, thinking that he can save points by just asking in one breath. The two of us were shocked to hear Jant rapping as he ask way too many questions and it make us a bit regretful since the more the question is.. the more the point will be deducted.

"Analyzing the question... Analysis completed. Will the host exchange 10 points for an answer to all the questions of the chosen host Jant Dy?" the system asked as if being troubled.

"What?! 10 points?! That expensive.. then don't answer it. Forget my question." Jant was so shocked when hearing 10 points and just want to seal the deal with the question he asked. He can't afford to waste their points for just an answer.

"Eh? Jant it's fine, right Grey?" Gail was also feeling complicated, but as the two of us said that it was fine.. we need to protect our reputation.

"Yes.. Gail is right. It's just fine.. you can exchange our 10 points." I said trying to not act being forced.

"No need.. brother, sister Gail. I.. I can't waste.." Jant was still trying to reject our offer but before he do so, I and Gail had already exchanged 10 points.

"10 points have been deducted ending the three chosen hosts to have only 10.2 points now." the system said as if being joyful. That tone is quite an insult to the three of us and can't help but make us feel so irritated.

"The chosen host, Jant Dy was indeed right. The Air Pressure Leveling has many levels and the highest is level 100. The higher the level the higher the points. The points will be doubled with every level that was successfully endured. And according to the host, the 10 points were indeed like an entrance fee.. but the 4 points were used to open this function. The chosen host, Jant Dy was also correct that it's not the only way but the controller will not say it." the controller explained.

"What? Doubled? Then that.. that means that.. we.. we can get 512 points in just level 10 and thousands in level 100?" Gail was surprised to hear the controller's explanation and can't help but be glad. The three of us was actually become motivated to stay here in this Air Pressure Leveling and get many points as possible we can.. so when we go outside.. we can protect ourselves then.

"Wait.. controller... I.. I just noticed.. if there's still a way other than this.. then why not give us those not this? Isn't it akin to helping us? Do.. do you intend to help us?" I find something amiss and asked the question. But as I don't want to use points.. I didn't expect an answer.

"Brother.. you're right. The controller was like indirectly helping us." Jant also noticed what I noticed.

"Chosen hosts.. will you exchange points for an answer or not?" the controller asked quite anxious.

"No. We only had 10 points now.. so if we asked again.. we might not survive this Air Pressure Leveling." I instantly rejected the controller's offer, as the moment the 10 points were deducted.. our body become somewhat weak against air pressure.

The three of us then began to focus on enduring the air pressure... as we will definitely get, even at least 512 points, so that we won't be afraid when we go outside from the Ocean of Despair, in 3 days from now on.

2