Chapter 34: Maniac State
7 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Congratulations to the chosen host for successfully enduring level 5 of Air Pressure Leveling. The chosen host will gain additional 8 points. Current points of the three chosen hosts: 25.2."

"Congratulations to the chosen host for successfully enduring level 6 of Air Pressure Leveling. The chosen host will gain additional 16 points. Current points of the three chosen hosts: 41.2."

"Congratulations to the chosen host for successfully enduring level 7 of Air Pressure Leveling. The chosen host will gain additional 32 points. Current points of the three chosen hosts: 73.2."

"Congratulations to the chosen host for successfully enduring level 8 of Air Pressure Leveling. The chosen host will gain additional 64 points. Current points of the three chosen hosts: 137.2."

"Ding.. Ding... the chosen host, Grey Dy, has reached his limit... will the host continue to try the Air Pressure Leveling, or will now give up?" the controller asked me with a tone as if it doesn't want me to give up.

"Brother... Give up now. You had reached your limit, so please, stop it now." Jant, seeing how I screamed, was so worried and felt his heart was bitten by ants. Gail also feels the same about Jant, as she had tears in her eyes.

I, who expected that it would be so easy to reach level 10, have now regretted belittling it. The pain actually tripled, not doubled! Feeling such pain makes me almost wish to die instead of being tortured!! The pain that could shake my soul, I don't want to experience that again.. but before I do so, the controller had given me, us, a big surprise that makes me complicated.

"Ding! Congratulations to the three chosen hosts for opening up the first special task. Special task: a task given by the controller itself with a large number of points in exchange for completion.

Special task (1): Have the host(s) reach level 10 of Air Pressure Leveling on their first try.

     Points: If the host had successfully succeeded in the task, 250 points will be given to the host." the controller said as if promoting his scam.

"Brother.. don't.. don't get.. swayed by the controller!" Jant, who was worried about me becomes complicated as well, as he finds it hard to stop me now.

"Grey... It's just 250 points. You being alive is what matters the most." I really admired Gail, since she doesn't get swayed by anything, except for that one time when she chose that guy over me. Well, maybe it was also because I'm just pathetic and a loser.

"Sorry... Gail, Jant, but... If.. if we have more points.. our security will increase. It doesn't matter if I lived or not.. as long as both of you remained alive." I said as I continue the challenge and ignore the endless complaint of the other two.

"Ding! The chosen host, Grey Dy, has accepted the special task. Special Task is in progress. Progress: 80%

If the chosen host, Grey Dy, failed the special task, a certain leg of the chosen host will be numbed for the rest of his second life." the controller notified as I continue to float mid-air.

Swish!!

A loud gust of air has strike me up as my 2 legs were actually torn apart in an attempt to protect my body. The air as I expected will form a knife and will slice me, and if I did not protect my body with my legs then I would die in this instance.

Blood escaped my body along with the loud scream from my mouth, as I was almost faint from too much pain. I can't now able to describe how terrible the pain is, but this pain is like sending me to hell along with my soul.

"Ahh!!!!" I screamed as my other leg has been torn apart from the third strike of air pressure. Jant and Gail can't see me experiencing this torture and just cry in the corner with their eyes closed while hugging each other for comfort.

As my sixth leg has been torn apart, and my body being paled from too much blood loss, the system finally notified me.

"Congratulations to the chosen host for successfully enduring level 9 of Air Pressure Leveling. The chosen host will gain additional 128 points. Current points of the three chosen hosts: 265.2." the controller said as I, for the last bit of strength, forced myself to become determined since it was already just one level left. If I give up now... I would definitely regret it.

My remaining two legs with a large wound on my belly appeared as I was pushed upwards again. I was already tired of screaming as I just closed my eyes and endure such pain, but still able to escape some weak groans. Blood continue to spill as I was sure that I would faint at any moment now... but as the last strike, the fifth strike of air pressure in the form of a knife, I tried to face my butt, so even if it slice me.. there's a possibility that I can survive it at the end.

The fifth strike attacked me sending me unconscious.. as I didn't know what happened the next moment after that. 

"Congratulations to the chosen host for successfully enduring level 10 of Air Pressure Leveling. The chosen host will gain additional 256 points. Current points of the three chosen hosts: 521.2." the controller echoed in our head despite me being unconscious, as the Air Pressure Leveling faded.

"Congratulations to the three chosen hosts for successfully completing the first Special Task. 250 points will be added to the points of the three chosen hosts. Current points of the three hosts: 771.2." 

"Congratulations to the three chosen hosts for leveling up into Maniac State." the controller added as our stats were displayed inside our head.

"Three Chosen Hosts: Grey Dy, Jant Dy, and Gail Hart

Level: Maniac State (771.2/ 1000)

Function: Ultimate Connection, Shapeshifting, Exchange, Supreme Time, Possession, Sudden Strength, and Shared Melancholy.

Able to mimic: Snake, Mosquito (unable), Spider (current)

Level of Assistant: Controller

Special Task(s) Completed: 1

             Failure: 0

Remaining Time in Ocean of Despair: 30hr 45min 06 sec." 

2