Chapter 9 The Supposed ‘Girl from the library committee’ scenario (Part 1)
124 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soo, I don’t really have any words to explain why I’m traumatizing the club president. Oh, and his name is Kain Ichiro. Surprisingly, not many people remember his name but his presence is pretty low, so it’s understandable. 

Anyways, the topic of the day for the Occult club was on True Names. The basic gist was that a person’s true name was something to be hidden very carefully. It had to be kept quiet even from the people close to you, since a True Name defined your identity. Or something like that, according to what club prez found out about it. Funnily enough, I decided to drop random names, and lo and behold, I may have struck gold.

One thing led to another and now I had club prez’s life in my hands. Technically speaking.

“Hold it right there, Lord of Chaos.”

A young voice interrupted me. It was a voice I knew all too well. I turned around and faced the culprit that stood at the entrance of the club room.

“I, the holder of the Evil Eye of Truth, shan’t stand against your tyrannic injustice.”

“Oh? So you’ve finally arrived, Yuika Cogniti. For what reason have you come and grace us with your presence?”

She simply walked over to me to a point where our heights could easily be compared. She’s only up to the height of my chest by the way. About 160cm.

Anyways, she walked up close and then suddenly kicked my shin.

“Idiot. You’ve already an appointment with me.”

My mind blanked out by simply wondering what on Earth she was talking about but then it clicked. Cogs turned and I realised there was something important today.

“Come, minion. Our round table meeting is about to begin.” (Translation: The meeting is starting soon)

She walked back towards the entrance and left.

Right. I’m also on the Library Committee. There aren’t any real rules about having multiple clubs at once, so I decided to take two because one: messing with President Kain is fun, and two: I like reading books so why not.

And somehow, I managed to end up in the position of vice president of the library committee  (I was actually forced into it).

“Oh, yeah. The meeting. T’was fun. Alright, I’ll see you guys later,” I said as I followed Yuika out.

When I caught up with her, she seemed to be walking a bit slower than her usual pace (from what I know).

“Are you alright, Yui?” I called her by her pet name since she seemed to like it a lot.

“You did just kick my leg pretty hard.” I know I didn’t feel pain but that wasn’t quite true for her most likely. People have always told me that my body was absurdly strong like steel so I took it pretty much at face value. Maybe that's why I'm carefree... Nah, no way.

“S-silence,” She said flusteredly, “Your dark magics will not best me.”

“...stupid brick.”

She muttered something right after her outburst before walking normally again.

 

Surprise! A short one out of nowhere. There aren't any polls this time around because I'm lazy. I'm also approaching finals. Anyways, probably don't expect another one for a while. Thanks. Motivation is probably at an all-time low.

Spoiler

I've always known that I've sucked at naming things but wow. Reading through my writing again makes me want to just edit the names

[collapse]

As always, thanks for reading!

4