Chapter 11 The Supposed ‘Interlude’ scenario
83 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometime after when our Lord of Chaos (lol) and Evil Eye of Truth holder left the room. The three that were left in the room seemed to be doing their own things: Hiro and Lilith were chatting, something along the lines of how the school has been treating her thus far, and the president himself seemed to be mulling over something.

It was then that the door opened once again for visitors to enter. It was a familiar face to everyone, especially to the two classmates that had recently seen the said person. Everyone’s beloved and feared student council president.

“Un. Good work, Yuuka.”

Being the one to immediately recognize his childhood friend, Hiro greeted her as she entered. He received a graceful smile that really seemed to be on the verge of spilling happiness from her.

“You too, Hii,” Yuuka replied, the pet name indicating her apparent mood.

Lilith, on the other hand, froze up while remembering the pressure she felt from the dangerous woman in front of her.

“W-welcome. Please, come sit down.”

Kain immediately showed hospitality to the visitor, as he opened the curtains to let some light through which revealed the tables and chairs arranged in a meeting format.

“Thank you, president Ichiro,” Yuuka nodded as she closed the door and sat down on the other side, facing Hiro and Lilith.

“Then, let us get down to business.”

The atmosphere within the room became tense. Kain took off his glasses and placed them on the table. His demeanor had changed completely as if he were another person.

Lilith was speechless, but she was definitely feeling restrained. How did a seemingly harmless person become someone that couldn’t be touched in any way or form?

“Lilith Alucard,” Kain spoke as he stared into her eyes, “You are aware of the world under the moon.”

He said it as a fact. She was not given any chance to deny that fact. Her eyes went from sapphire to rubies.

“What is it that you intend to do here, Vampire?” Yuuka spoke this time. Traces of mana flared up from her personage as the density of it was directed towards Lilith.

The effects were immediate. Lilith felt weaker-- the feeling of death approaching. It was unlike the time in the classroom. No, this truly felt like she was going to get killed.

“I…” Lilith gasped. What is this? Why is this happening? It was the start of her high school life. She only wanted to… This wasn’t how it was supposed to go.

She clenched her fists, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. With the remaining courage she held, with the feelings she held, she finally spoke.

“I just want to make friends…”

Then the suffocating feeling was gone. In its place, only warmth and security could be felt.

“Forgive me, but I would kindly ask you to not bully my young mistress anymore.”

His voice was clear. Everyone in that room save for Lilith was surprised but soon became on guard. When had he entered the room? The culprit was none other than just… one hell of a butler.

“Just this one time, I shall let it pass. Have you gotten the answer you wanted?” His eyes looked towards the two who put his young lady in distress. In no way shape or form was it friendly. It already pained him to not intervene beforehand-- before she had shed a tear.

The room was silent. It felt like time had stopped… or at least it should have.

“...Please, accept my apologies, Lilith.” Hiro was the first to talk. He didn’t have the usual happy expression. No, he was already uncomfortable the moment Yuuka sat down. This method of probing a person’s character was something he definitely did not like.

“I won’t make any excuses nor ask for forgiveness because I don’t deserve it.” His head bowed to her. The butler simply scoffed, but Lilith was listening, already considering accepting the apologies since it really did come from the heart.

“Of course, I would like to extend my apologies too, Miss Alucard,” Kain said before pinching the bridge of his nose. He already knew that he was going a bit too far, but Yuuka’s ‘test’ as she likes to call it takes the cake. And the cake was definitely a lie.

“Yuuka, the test is done. The answer is obviously clear since the barrier did not activate in response to the two.” Kain said, quite unhappy at the girl’s behavior. The damage was already done. He could only hope that they weren’t going to hold grudges at this exchange, or well at least one of them.

“...Yes. I’m sorry.” Yuuka said before taking a deep breath.

“As the granddaughter of the principal, and as the shrine priestess that oversees Minamoto, I will apologize and welcome you with open arms to our community.” She stood and bowed with clear intentions. It was not proper for someone of high stature to bow down so easily, after all.

“Please, let me say the words again,” Yuuka stood straight as she looked at Lilith with a kind smile, “I truly hope that you will enjoy your time in Mikado High, and our town too.”

‘And if possible, I hope to become your friend…’ she said quietly at the end before she began to twiddle her fingers.

Lilith went wide-eyed. No scratch that. Everyone in the room was definitely not expecting that. Not even our uninvited guest who clearly held enmity against her did.

Lilith’s and Sebastion’s impression of Lilith was quickly shattered. From a duty-bound maiden to one who was clearly quite awkward around others. Is this what is known as the legendary gap moe?

“Hahaha.” Lilith began to laugh, although tears were in her eyes.

“S-stop laughing!” Yuuka this time is the one to end up in tears. 

They really weren’t so different after all, Lilith thought.

Kain and Hiro could only softly smile at their exchange as they sighed in relief, inwardly. Whereas Sebastion could only shrug his shoulders and shake his head. It was his mistress’ choice after all.

“Sorry, sorry,” Lilith wiped her tears, coming closer to the other teared-up girl, “I’d love it if you could become my friend.”

Her smile was a really bright one. A smile that didn’t seem so forced. A smile that would’ve captivated a lot of people regardless of gender.

“Right… Now that that’s done…” Kain put on his glasses and slacked his shoulders, “I-I think we should head home now…”

The harmless and wimpy kid had returned! Someone could probably give a detailed analysis that would be 500 words long but that person isn’t here…

“To this very day, I still don’t know why you do that…” Hiro muttered. And now that he looked back, he really seemed to be apologizing a lot today, not that he minded. It was his fault so he should own up to it, after all.

“Let us go home now, my tearful mistress,” Sebastian hollered with a clear smirk on his face as he walked towards the entrance, “Master must be in shambles right now, wondering where you are.”

“I wasn’t crying, Sebas!” Lilith chased Sebas out the door not before bidding farewell to her new and most likely best friend for the coming future.

“See you tomorrow, Yuuka!” Lilith said with a big wave.

“Un, see you tomorrow, Lilith,” Yuuka replied in kind.

The two girls, not so long ago at odds, were now talking with each other familiarly. An eye candy so to speak, and it was a nice thing.

“I really wasn’t, Sebas!” one could hear the echo coming from the hallways along with the footsteps that accompanied it.

That’s supposed to be a master-servant relationship…?


It was well after the events that had occurred in the occult club room. Within the Alucard residence, inside an office, there were two people. Our friendly butler, Sebastian and his employer, and Lilith’s father, Dracul.

“And that concludes my report,” Sebastian put his hand to his chest, “Well, master? How was it? Are you seething?”

Of course, he was no ordinary butler… for he was clearly well out of line, but that didn’t seem to matter. The glass cup that Dracul was holding shattered. Perhaps, it was more accurate to say that the glass cup disintegrated.

“That bastard… How dare he…” Dracul’s shoulders were shaking as he had trouble trying to control himself.

“That Hiro bastard. How dare he touch my darling daughter’s chest!”

It seemed like the fire of Gehenna had no fury quite like his.

“A-after she said that she would marry daddy when she was younger!” 

His fury had now turned into a complete sobbing mess.

“One day! I’ll go and see the criminal for taking my daughter’s purity!”

Sebastian simply only smirked in silence as he watched his master's outburst.

'All according to Keikaku (plan).'


And that's my attempt at third-person! It was a longer chapter this time. How did I go? Should I swap back to FP or stay on TP? I don't know. I almost felt bad writing this chapter since I hate for anyone to go through pretty painful things, but life isn't that kind. It doesn't mean that I'm a good person, though. Definitely not.

Anyways, there's the reveal of a hidden side of society, that is, 'the world under the moon'. Did I rip it off from Nasuverse? Yes. I think. I don't know. I do really like the concept of another face of society, one that most people aren't aware of. It would also tie into the universe of another story (or that universe would be tied into this story) that I've been contemplating writing lately with the main idea being around dreams and 'Ignorance is bliss'.

Does that sound familiar? You might be right.

As always, thanks for reading!

How does one touch grass?
  • Become one with dirt, that is to say, photosynthesis. Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Max your DETERMINATION and LVL before leaving the house Votes: 3 30.0%
  • DRAGONBORN, FUS RO DAH! Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I used to be an outgoing person just like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee. Votes: 5 50.0%
Total voters: 10
4