Chapter 12 The Supposedly ‘Night life’ scenario (Part 1)
71 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was now time for most lights out in many houses. I had taken a shower once I had arrived home after taking Yui home without any sort of trouble… What? Did you really think a romantic scenario would happen? I think I would be the first to know that such a moment would be happening.

“Huh, I must be going crazy.” I laugh amusedly, “I’m talking to myself in the middle of the night when pretty much most households are preparing for bed.”

So I decided to do my favorite past-time before going to sleep-- taking a walk in the middle of the night. Putting on my trusty black coat, I left the confines of my house, of course notifying my mother about it.

When I told her, she gave me the usual sermon, “Oh, okay. Just make sure to come back home before the next day arrives.” And so, I have a free pass to walk around in the middle of the night. Isn’t she a bit too carefree? Surely, that isn’t bad parenting, right?

Ignoring the subtle crisis I just had, I took in everything the silence of the town had to offer. It was just me, the crickets, and the moon. With some occasional vibrations that occur here and there.

“Yep, nothing else quite like Minamoto during the night.”

I wandered through the streets aimlessly under the dimly lit streetlights as the wind brushes my cheeks. It was a good thing I wore my coat. Even if it is Spring, the nights do still get chilly.

Eventually, the vibrations became more frequent. It wasn’t something to the level of the earthquakes, but I could feel it clearly shaking the earth around me without much destruction.

So I did what all sane and curious people do. Walk towards the source of said happenstance and see what is causing it to happen.

Navigating through the streets and reaching an open park, I see a pair of people. If one looked from the side, you could really only see a delinquent harassing a lady. Surprisingly enough, it was someone I knew.

A person that tries really hard to be a delinquent. His hair was black, dyed blond at the end of his bangs. He had piercings on his ears and wore multiple rings on a single hand.

“Oh, Sir delinquent,” I called out to him, who looked like he was caught off guard by my appearance.

He was shocked for a bit but then returned to his usual expression… if you could even call it a usual expression?

“Aw, don’t start scowling now. You won’t make any friends that way.”

“Shut it, idiot!” He yelled at me, “Why are you even here?”

“You’ll wake up the neighborhood if you yell that loud, idiot! Anyways, I’m not sure what else to say. Going out at night is what I usually-”

“Ufufu.”

An eerie(seductive?) laugh rang out. The source was from none other than the lady who I seemed to conveniently have forgotten about.


First things first, sorry for not posting and when I did, it's a pretty short chapter... I could give plenty of excuses, some being that I found it hard to continue writing the next chapter since it felt weird and didn't really connect to anything. The main reason, however, is that I've been playing arknights. And joy, I find it dang fun. Oh, and uni started again I suppose.

I don't know when I'll write the next part, but I hope it will be sometime soon.

Spoiler

If I do, it will start with our newly introduced character's perspective! don't quote me on that.

[collapse]

As always, thanks for reading!

Do you pet the fox girl or do you pet the fox girl?
  • the illusion of choice. there is only one answer: yes. Votes: 1 20.0%
  • always. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, i fluffed the fox girl. Votes: 3 60.0%
  • mudkip Votes: 1 20.0%
  • peepoJail Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 5
3