Chapter Thirteen
2.9k 16 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Somewhat of a Content Warning

Minor Spoiler

Spoiler

This chapter talks about gender dysphoria.

This is not something I experience myself, and what I've written is some of how I imagine it to be. My representation is likely flawed and should be considered as so.

[collapse]

Danya stared at the door motionlessly as Sala raised an eyebrow and went to answer.

"Hello! You must be the guards we were informed of. Please, come in." He said with a smile, gesturing for the pair to enter.

The pair nodded and entered. Joz spoke as he gazed around the room. "Thank you. I'm Joz, and this is my sister, Alya. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lord Sala."

"I heard you had been with the champion for at least a portion of the day yesterday, but I never imagined that you would have joined her party." He continued after a brief pause.

His eyes next found Maryi. "Lady Maryi! I'm glad to see you are well. I'm sorry that I wasn't there last night to keep that poor excuse of a baron in check."

Maryi smiled. "It's no problem, Joz. I doubt your being there would have changed much. Helmt always managed to forget how powerful you were. Regardless, it all worked out okay in the end."

"W-what the fuck!" Danya blurted out, unable to contain herself any longer. "Maryi, you know Joz?!?"

She whirled around and pointed to Joz. "Wait, no! The better question is, what the hell are you doing here?!?"

Now that Danya had drawn attention to herself, Joz looked at her for the first time. He froze, mouth hanging open.

"Huh?" Alya spoke up for the first time. "What's the whore that you went off with yesterday morning doing here?"

The blood drained from Joz's face. He snapped out of his stupor and moved at a speed nobody else in the room could follow.

He grabbed his sister and kneeled, forcing her down with him, and spoke to her quietly, through gritted teeth, "That whore you spoke of just so happens to be the champion that we've been hired to guard!"

Joz planted his forehead on the floor and pleaded, "Lady Danya, please forgive my sister for her insolence! I'll accept triple any punishment in her place. Please, just allow her to go unharmed!"

Danya looked at the two in shock. Even with the experience of the duke doing the same before, she didn't know what to do. She didn't think she would ever get used to people clearly more powerful than her begging for forgiveness. It didn't help that Alya, who had also placed her forehead against the floor, was violently shivering in terror.

Again, just like before, a quiet cough broke her out of her thoughts.

"There's no need for any of that!" She exclaimed and raced forward, pulling the two to their feet.

"My actions absolutely were, and will likely continue to be, whoreish. There's no denying that." She explained with a wry smile. "It'd be too troublesome to be offended by someone calling it like it is. I'll certainly be called much, much worse in the near future."

Alya pushed back the hood of her cloak, just enough to reveal her features. She had a somewhat androgynous face framed by neck-length, wavy brown hair.

Deep, brown eyes met Danya's as she spoke with a sheepish chuckle. "Still, I'm sorry for that. I shouldn't be so rude, regardless of what my thoughts are."

"I have a terrible habit of letting my jealousy of other women, especially incredibly beautiful women, get out of hand." She continued and bowed deeply. "Please forgive me for my actions!"

Danya chuckled nervously and patted her shoulder. "Like I said, it's okay! It really didn't bother me." She sighed. "I mean, I'm the champion of the goddess of lust and fertility. No matter how you look at it, I've got the ultimate ho package!"

Sala chuckled and piped up. "Hmm. Would you actually be considered a whore? You're not getting paid. At least as far as I know."

"I'm getting paid in strength." Danya deadpanned. "I'm pretty sure that counts... Probably..."

A giggle escaped from Alya at the absurdity before her. The others soon joined her, laughing boisterously.

The group eventually regained control and seated themselves before continuing their discussion.

Danya smirked with a mischievous glint in her eyes. She turned to Alya and spoke with an innocent tone of voice.

"What made you jealous of me hooking up with your brother?" She gasped exaggeratedly, a shocked expression crossing her face. "W-wait! A-are you harboring hidden feelings for him?!? A secret love that can never see the light of day?!?"

Alya flinched and yelled, "Eww, no! What the fuck?!? That's disgusting! He's my brother!" She shivered violently. "Ugh! Gross!"

A disgruntled "Hey! I'm not gross!" from Joz was summarily ignored.

She made to retort further but instead sighed deeply when she caught sight of Danya's poorly concealed snickering.

Frowning, she pondered for a moment and looked at her brother. Joz, seeing her expression, smiled lightly and shrugged his shoulders.

With another sigh, Alya spoke quietly. "I wasn't jealous that you were fucking my brother if that's what you were asking... I... I'm not actually a woman. Biologically anyway." She looked down, staring a hole into the floor as she continued. "I tend to get irrationally jealous of beautiful women. It's even worse when I see a woman with an amazing, incredibly feminine body. A body that I'll never have."

She exhaled, her lips stretching into a self-deprecating smile. "So, when I saw you, one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, with your super hot body on display, it made me bitter... Then I saw you again, still as hot as before, and the hostility spilled out. I didn't even realize what I was saying until I was on the ground."

"I just have to remember to keep going and not take out my frustrations on others. Maybe someday I'll find a way to be comfortable with this body." She finally looked up, rubbing away tears that threatened to fall. "Sorry, I shouldn't be bothering you wi-"

Her words were cut off by two bodies colliding with her.

Danya and Maryi sniffled, not bothering to hold back their tears, as they wrapped themselves around Alya.

"You don't have to apologize!" Danya exclaimed. "I should be the one to apologize. I'm sorry for making a bad joke that brought this up."

"Err... It's okay..." Alya mumbled, flailing her arms awkwardly, caught off guard by the pair. "I would have had to tell you in a few minutes anyway. You'd need an explanation for your female guard not being able to accompany you into a public bath or other things like that." 

Sala chuckled and pulled the two women off the clearly uncomfortable guard. "Alright, you two. Let's not traumatize someone so quickly after meeting them." He paused for a moment with a thoughtful expression. "I'm sure that can wait until later."

Danya pouted and huffed. "Must. Hug." She forced out as she attempted to escape his hold, her arms reaching toward Alya. 

Sala shook his head in amusement. He pulled her into his lap and wrapped an arm around her waist to keep her secure.

"How do you know Alya and Joz?" He asked, making an effort to distract the champion.

"Oh... I met them when I went out after my awakening to... Uh... Figure out my cultivation skill." The succubus answered awkwardly. "Joz happened to be the best source of energy that I could find at the bar I went to."

foDanya blinked as a thought crossed her mind. She turned to Joz and spoke excitedly, "That reminds me! If you don't mind me asking, what level are you? Just that quickie we had gave me so much energy that I almost couldn't handle it!" She chuckled sheepishly. "That's why I ran off so fast... I had to go somewhere where I could meditate and refine all the energy before it overflowed. 

Joz spoke, confusion coloring his voice. "I'm in the middle ranks of level 12. What do you mean you got energy from me? I didn't feel anything being siphoned, and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if a level one was targetting me with a skill or something."

The champion gaped, awestruck, for a moment at the man's casual statement. "What the fuck?!? You're an immortal! It's no wonder that a casual creampie filled me up to the point that I felt like I was going to explode!"

She excitedly bounced up and down, completely ignoring that she was still sitting on Sala's lap, much to his dismay. "Wow! This is amazing! I know an immortal!"

Sala sighed and gave up on trying to prevent Danya from bouncing. He shifted himself so he wouldn't suffer direct strikes to the dick with the succubi's full weight behind them. 

"You do know that my father is also an immortal, right?" Sala asked after finally being able to return his attention to the conversation.

Danya tilted her head. "I didn't. At least that makes sense! He acts like I'd expect of someone that powerful. Unlike Joz!"

Alya playfully punched Joz on the arm with a small smile. "I can never get this big idiot to act like he should. So few people can achieve immortality, and this guy likes to pretend that he's no big deal, just some everyday kinda guy!"

The immortal in question shrugged. "I am a nobody. I'm just more powerful than a lot of other people. That's not a big deal. I'm not anyone important."

The others started at him silently like he'd grown a second head.

"Oh! You never answered my question. How'd you get energy from me?" Joz asked, uncaring of the stares.

Danya shook her head and explained, "Well... To make a long story short, my new race generates a special kind of energy from sexual acts and uses that energy to cultivate. There seem to be a lot of factors that determine how much energy I receive, with strength being the most potent so far. I got way more energy from you than I have from anything else. And Sala even knocked me up!"

The siblings looked from Danya to Sala, then down to Danya's stomach.

"H-holy shit! You definitely weren't pregnant yesterday! I would have noticed!" Joz blurted out, noticing the small bump for the first time.

The siblings' confused faces made Danya chuckle. "Well, I guess the short story wasn't really going to be enough information." She sighed. "It's not like I'll be able to keep most of this a secret anyway, and you guys are going to be guarding me for the week... Might as well give you the full details."

She then explained the details of her race, as she had previously done with Maryi.

"So you're saying your new race grows stronger by having sex. Sex that leads to lots of kids, and you'll have these kids fast enough that there'll be at least one, probably two, born before the trip is over?" Joz asked a few minutes after Danya finished.

Danya nodded. "Yea, that sounds about right. Sorry for making your job harder, with the extra people to watch and all that."

Joz waved her off. "Don't worry about it. I owed the captain a big favor for letting us on the ship after ticket sales had stopped. I probably would have taken the job to guard a champion for free anyway."

The room was quiet for a moment before Alya spoke, her voice barely louder than a whisper. "You said your race only consists of females? And you can change your followers into succubi? What happens if the follower is a male?"

Time seemed to freeze for the group as they realized the underlying, unasked question, 'Will it turn me into a woman?'

Danya's brows furrowed in thought. "I... I don't actually know. Let me see what I can find."

She closed her eyes and reviewed everything the system had provided about her race with her AI's help. Several minutes passed in silence.

"Before we go any further, I want to make this clear. As far as I'm aware, my race is brand new, never seen before. Most of what I know is guesswork." Danya said firmly. "Now, I was able to confirm that I can't be pregnant when performing the ritual with a male. So, regardless of what we decide, we'll have to wait a few days."

Alya nodded in understanding, and the champion continued.

"The system directly states, 'Succubi are a race consisting entirely of females,' and there's no mention of any male Succubi. My perk directly states, 'transform your followers into Succubi.'"

"Since there's no such thing as a male Succubi, if I turn a male into one, they would become a female... I can't be completely certain without trying it, but that's what I believe." Danya finished.

Alya's head shot up, teary eyes full of hope, and a massive grin began slowly spreading across Joz's face.

"And just so you know, assuming it works, while you may be turned into a biological female, you'll also be stuck with race's downsides." Danya cautioned. "I didn't specify earlier, but the constant pregnancies I mentioned aren't just a side effect of unprotected sex. They're a requirement. If I'm not pregnant within a certain timeframe, I'm hit with a stacking debuff and lose stats. And it wouldn't surprise me if there are more issues I haven't discovered yet."

Joz put a reassuring hand on his sister's shoulder and spoke gently. "Alya, no matter your choice, I'll support you wholeheartedly. I won't make the mistake of leaving you to suffer alone ever again."

Alya nodded and spoke, tears pouring down her face as she looked at Danya, "I want to try it if you'll allow me. I'll do whatever it takes, even if I have to go to hell and back. Being required to bear many children is a small price to pay to be able to do so in the first place. I'm sure any other downsides will be worth it as well."

Thanks for reading!

If you found offense with anything in this chapter, please let me know so I can work to make it better!

50