Chapter 17
5.2k 20 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly I felt someone was following me. I started walking faster but the presence also seemed to follow me keeping pace.

 

I decided to see who it was so I stopped and turned to face the person. Since becoming a devil humans don’t usually notice you when you are on your job at night, only people with enough greed are able to feel your presence. So I could easily talk with other supernatural beings in the open, moreover the street seems to bee deserted.

 

I said out loud, “Whose there? I know you are following me, show yourself”.

 

A sound of footsteps reached my ears and a figure gradually became visible. It was Dohnaseek. This didn’t happen in the anime.

 

Just my luck I thought. What could this bastard want? Surely nothing good right?

 

Then he spoke, “Tsk tsk another lowly devil. This is the second time I have encountered one without any masters in site, the first one turned out to be a servant of the house Gremory and the one Lady Raynare tried to kill, tell me are you a stray or do you have a master, if you are a stray I will kill you.”.

 

I was really ticked off, the nerve of this bastard, he is trespassing into another person’s area and talking about doing what he wants and acting all high and mighty, I just smirked and said, “ Hey bastard you have the nerve to trespass into the Gremory’s area and act like you own it? You must think too high about yourself, get the fuck out of here or as a member of house Gremory I will make you”.

 

Dohnaseek looked angry and said with a smirk, “You, how dare you talk to me like that? Gremory’s area? What a joke, we fallen can go wherever we want. Doesn’t matter if you are a member of house I’ll teach you lesson”, with this he spread his black crow like wings and a blue light spear was forming in his hand.

 

I had done a little magic training and wanted to try it out in a real battle, Buchou told us not to face fallen angles alone but this is only Dohnaseek, how bad could this be? Also I wanted to see what my sacred gear could really do.

 

I activated my sacred gear by the way Rias taught me, I think with a little time I can just activate it by just thinking of activating but not today, that whole process of thinking of something strongest had to be done.

 

Anyway Dohnaseek saw it and said, “Another sacred gear? The Gremory house is sure making potentially dangerous servants for us, now I must eliminate you”, with this he completed his spear and threw it at me.

 

I concentrated my mind and told my sacred gear mentally to power up or something then I heard the voice of Great Red coming from my gear loud.

 

[Power Up!]

 

[Power Up!]

 

[Use your gauntlets to block the spear to block the spear.]

 

Great Red said in my wind. But I am a devil, shouldn’t I be hurt but I didn’t have time to dodge so it was all or nothing so I used my gauntlets to try and block it by crossing my arms in the shape of X.

 

Surprisingly it worked. I was surprised. Great Red explained that the gauntlets have a dragon aura surrounding them so light and holy objects or even low level spells can be blocked if they were  within a certain power level. Wow I thought offense and defense, tis is a perfect weapon for a rook.

 

Dohnaseek was stupefied, “What? That should have killed you, how did you block it?’, he asked confusedly.

 

Wanting to take advantage of the situation of Dohnaseek being confused, I decided to use a move that just came to my mind, it wasn’t practiced but it was worth a shot.

 

Since I couldn’t fly as I didn’t try out my wings yet and I was a close range fighter so I needed to bring him close to me.

 

So as practiced I envisioned what I wanted to do and tried it. I said the magic name while invoking, “fire rope”.

 

KUH! Two ropes of fire came out of bot my hands tied up Dohnaseek and brought him to me, also burning him in the process but not much since my magic was still weak. Success!

 

As soon as he came close, I whacked him with both my fists continuously.  My sacred gear was doing good damage as blood was coming out of his face when hit and he was getting quite injured.

 

However in my excitement, I underestimated my opponent, he managed to free one of his arms and stabbed me with a spear of light in my chest.

 

GAH!! I screamed in pain as he distanced him from myself.

 

Then he made another light spear and started to come near me saying, “You are better than I expected but a lowly being is still lowly. You fought well, now it’s time to end this”.

 

“Crap!, I totally underestimated this guy, Rias will definitely be angry with me but that’s if I survive, I need to survive, help please, Rias, anyone”, I thought hard desparately.

 

He stopped in front of me, I was unable to move, I looked at him, his face was serious and he raised the spear to stab me while saying, “Now die”.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOO Rias ,someone help me”, I desperately thought.

 

Then I heard a magic circle forming behind me and saw a red light and the light spear on Dohnaseek’s hand was destroyed.

 

“Stop , how dare you try to hurt my cute servants again, this time I rias Gremory will not forgive you”, Rias said in an angry voice.

 

“Tsk I am too hurt to fight to you heir of Gremory, I’ll take my leave”, with this he quickly fly and disappeared.

 

“Wait”, said Rias angrily but he already ran away.

 

“Th..Thank you Buchou”, I said weakly before losing consciousness.

110