Chapter 25
4k 1 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I smiled and said, “Buchou I know that you are worried about me but I know what I am doing, please believe me. And whether Asia joins us or not I want to save her, because she is someone pure and innocent who is trapped in something evil. If I don’t stop them they will kill her and take her sacred gear away, and it is also dangerous to us f they take her sacred gear away as they will have more power besides it’s not like I will actively go and get involved with them, the opportunity will present itself, trust me”.

 

Rias sighed and then said, “Ok but please don’t do all that by yourself, rely on us when you face them”.

 

“Of course I will and thank you”, I said.

 

Koneko who was in the room too was eating her sweets without any expression as usual, Kiba who was also there just smiled at me. All the usual member were there honestly.

 

Akeno just smiled and said, “Ara ara how manly”. I blushed and turned my face away at that response.

 

Issei was crying and saying, “ How do you get to meet a beautiful sister and not me? I am soooo jealous”. I ignored him.

 

True I felt bad for stealing his heroic moment but if I try to console him, he will start acting perverted crap like Asia’s 3  sizes and stuff and honestly I am not comfortable discussing those stuff. Also I did not intentionally steal it, it happened automatically so I can’t held responsible.

 

I mean I will take care of Asia’s safety but I have no responsibility in compensating Issei with anything.

 

Anyway after that I went home as I would have to return later at night for training and devil work.

 

I had by today memorized the book of runes so I can finally learn making magic circles from Akeno, also today for the first time I will learn swordsmanship from Kiba, I wish to also learn flying because you don’t know when you might need it.

 

I returned at night at the ORC.

 

I began training with Akeno in magic circles and also asked her to teach me barrier magic as it might come in handy later. I mainly wanted to learn magic circles to learn teleportation.

 

My transformation magic have improved too, in a day or two it should be perfect.

 

Akeno was impressed and with a smile said, “Ara ara Akira-kun you have improved  a lot”.

 

I also practiced magic on my own, especially my fire magic and wind steps to make sure they are perfect as I would need them in my fights more than everything else, I also practiced barrier magic.

 

After that I had Akeno teach me how to fly. I was doing ok, managing to hover a little while Issei sucked.

 

As for Issei he was still having problems with this demonic energy being small, so it would be difficult to learn magic but he was able to use his perverted imagination to freeze some water and create some slashes in trees just like in the anime.

 

But from seeing his progress it looks like I have pull most of the weights in the upcoming battles otherwise we will lose against fire chicken just like in the anime and then there will be that annoying rescue mission.

 

Thinking that I decided to work harder.

 

It was my turn in learning swordsmanship from Kiba. Meanwhile Issei was being beaten black and blue by Koneko, since we don’t have Asia yet, that pain will last.

 

Koneko looked like she’s enjoying it but not from her expression which was always the same, it’s just her body language, I don’t know why she just likes punching whom she considers perverts. The day before I also get pretty badly beaten by her but since I was a rook I was able to take the damage better.

 

Now onto my training with Kiba. Both of us held wooden swords.

 

“Are you ready Akira-kun?”, asked Kiba and I nodded.

 

He rushed straight in and attacked and I could not dodge or parry at all and my sword fell.

 

This continued for some time ,until I was able to able to barely dodge it by using wind steps, he was quite fast.

 

“Good work”, said KIba with a smile. “I still have a long way to go”, I said scratching my head.

 

“But you have improved your speed to be nearly the same as mine, now all you need is the posture and the swordsmanship skills, here let me teach you”, Kiba said with a smile.

 

“Yes, please”, I said with a sincere smile.

 

As we were training Buchou suddenly appeared saying, “ We received an order for a hunt from the Arch Duke”.

 

And so the stray devil hunt began.

 

--Stray Devils.

 

There are beings that are called as such.

 

The Devil who was turned into a Servant Devil of a Devil with a peerage but who betrayed or killed its master. Cases like that rarely occur.

 

The power of Devils are enormous. You can’t even compare it to the time when you were a human.

 

So there will be those who choose to use that power for their own self-interests.

 

Those Devils leave their master's place and cause destruction at different location.

 

That is a “Stray Devil”.

 

In other words, a stray dog.

 

Stray dogs create troubles. When found, the master or the other Devils are ordered to eliminate them. That is the law of the Devils.

 

Other beings such as Angels and Fallen Angels sees them as threats and they will eliminate the Stray Devils whenever found.

 

There is nothing scarier than a Devil who does not abide by any rule.

 

Akeno explained it to me and Issei, even though I knew I didn’t remember everything so it’s better to brush up my knowledge.

 

We went to an unused building located at the outer part of the town.

 

All the usual members of the ORC were there.

 

Every night, a Stray Devil is luring humans to the building to feed on them.

 

As such, there was a request from the High-class Devil to hunt them.

 

[Since it has escaped to the territory of Rias Gremory, I would like to ask you to eliminate it.]

 

Was the order, this was also one of the jobs of devils.

88