Chapter 65
2.9k 12 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It happens during our way to the sports court where Kiba and Koneko are waiting for us.

 

[Raiser Phoenix-sama’s three [Pawns] retires.]

 

It’s the announcement! So Kiba and Koneko defeated them, as expected. Great!

 

With that we have defeated 10 of Riser’s servants, only 6 remain including Riser. The number is the same as us. But I still cannot let my guard down until the battle is over.

 

Issei asked, “Who do you think defeated them? Kiba and Koneko-chan?”.

 

I look at him and say, “Isn’t that obvious? Who else would do that?”. Issei nodded at them. Seriously how dumb is this guy?

 

I kept my “magic sense” on and with that I spotted Kiba and Koneko, who were hiding behind the storage room overlooking the sports court.

 

I made my way to them and Issei and Akeno followed.

 

They spotted us coming. Kiba flashed his usual smile, while Koneko had her expressionless face.

 

Kiba said, “Welcome guys and good job” with a smile. Koneko nodded.

 

“Same to you guys”, I said returning the smile.

 

Kiba then turned to Akeno and said, “Akeno-san I didn’t think you would take care of their [Queen] so quickly. But why are you here? Shouldn’t you be watching over from above?”.

 

Akeno smiled and said, “Ara Ara Yuuto-kun it wasn’t me who took care of Riser’s [Queen] it was Akira-kun. And I am here because given the situation, it’s better to accompany you then watch from far”.

 

At this both Kiba and Koneko were shocked. Kiba asked me, “Y-You took care of their [Queen] Akira-kun?”.

 

I smiled and said, “Yes I did, it’s no big deal I just got lucky”.

 

Kiba said with a strained smile, “Even if you say that….”. Koneko nodded agreeing and said, “That’s impressive”.

 

Well if you knew how I did it Koneko-chan you might have a different opinion.

 

Akeno laughed with a “Fufufu” and said, “Akira-kun is so humble..”.

 

I smiled and said, “Anyway so Kiba what is the situation here?”, to divert the conversation.

 

Kiba said, “Yeah about that. The clubroom located at the sports court is an important location. So it’s natural that there are lots of enemies. We somehow managed to lure the [Pawns] that were keeping their eyes over there and took them down. But the person in charge of this location is quite calm and hasn’t responded to my provocation. Well, it seems like she used the [Pawns] to watch our attacks. Seems like Raiser Phoenix likes to battle by sacrificing his servants. It’s something only he is able to pull off because of his immortality and the number of servants he has”.

 

Kiba is smiling, but his eyes aren’t.

 

I nodded and said, “That’s true but the present situation is something they probably didn’t expect. They lost a bit too many. Though from how they are, their pride might get the better of them”.

 

Kiba nodded at that. He then said, “The enemies who are in charge of here are one [Knight], one [Rook], and one [Bishop]. Three pieces in total”.

 

“Hmm looks like they are being very defense but that’s expected. The other route between the school buildings is destroyed after all”.

 

Kiba nodded and said, “Yes”.

 

Kiba then looked at Issei who looked nervous and asked, “Ise-kun are you nervous?”.

 

Issei answered, “O-Of course! I basically have no battle experience! And now I’m here in an actual battle. I would be a grunt compared to you, Koneko-chan and Akeno-san who is full of battle experience. And Akira is pretty strong even though he isn’t experience”.

 

I smiled and looked at Issei and said, “Ise I am nervous too. Just because I am strong doesn’t mean anything. I will stay nervous until this is over. But we need to buckle ourselves as we need to win this”.

 

Kiba then showed his “shaking hands” to Issei and said , “Look”.

 

After Issei looked he continued, “Ise-kun, you said I have a lot of battle experience. That’s certainly true. But it’s my first time participating in the Rating Game. A serious battle between Devils. Even if this match is a special case, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a serious fight. We get involved in Devils fights, whether we like it or not. And this is our first game. We can’t show them even a slight opening in our guard. This is a match where we have to give it all we got as Buchou’s servant Devils. It’s something that will be important even in the future. I feel delighted and also scared. I don’t want to forget the feeling of my hands' shaking. This feeling of being nervous, this intense atmosphere, I want to feel everything and turn it into my experience. Let’s become stronger together, Ise-kun”.

 

Koneko nodded and said, “That’s correct. Even I am scared but we need to win”.

 

Akeno smiled and said, “Yes even I am a bit nervous”.

 

Issei said, “Everyone thank you for your encouraging words”. Everyone of us smiled.

 

He then turned to Kiba and me and said, “Akira, Kiba, then let’s do a combination that would make the girls get aroused”.

 

Kiba said, ““Hahaha! Does it mean that I’m the one who goes from “behind”?”

 

“Dumbass! If it’s sticking in, then it’s my job! I mean, no! Die, handsome!”, replied Issei, looking a bit angry.

 

Damn I question Kiba’s sexual orientation. I am feeling uncomfortable being near him.

 

Anyway I decided to add to the joke so I said, “Speak for yourselves, I can make the girls aroused by just being myself”, then I looked at Koneko and added, “Well ‘most’ of the girls”.

 

Koneko turned way and said, “Perverts die, both of you”.

 

Kiba was smiling, Issei was making an almost crying face saying, “Damn you popular guy, die”.

 

Akeno had a very sensual smile on her face and she said, “Fufufu, I don’t know about others but you do make me feel aroused”, she then proceeded to lick her fingers in a  sensual way.

 

Which caused Issei to fume more.

 

I decided to ignore it.

 

Then I hear a loud voice of a brave woman.

 

“I’m the [Knight] of Riser Phoenix-sama, Karlamine! I've become bored of trying to sniff through each other’s strategy! Rias Gremory’s [Knight]! I challenge you to a duel!”

 

At the baseball court. There is a woman cladded in armor who is standing at the center of it daringly.

 

This girl is both incredibly bold and stupid. She can’t complain if someone shoots her from the back!

 

Well she was like this in the original too. I would have liked to shoot her down from here but I controlled myself, I know that Kiba would want to fight her one on one. It would be incredible disrespectful of me to Kiba if I interfere in this fight between [Knights].

 

As expected Kiba who was next to me laughed “Fu”.

 

Then he said, “Since she introduced herself, I can’t hide myself both as a [Knight] and as a swordsman”.

 

After he mutters that out, he leaves from behind the storage room.

 

He then walks straight to the baseball court.

 

“That idiot!”, said Issei as he and Koneko tried to follow him.

 

I blocked both of them with my arms and said, “Wait a second”.

 

Issei looked at me and said, “Are you saying to abandon Kiba?”. Koneko also looked at me with accusing eyes.

 

I sighed and shook my head and said, “No, I am not saying that. We will follow him but there’s just one thing we need to do as a precaution”.

 

“What?”, asked Issei in confusion.

 

I turned to Akeno and said, “Akeno-san I know it’s not my place to give you orders. But please can you watch over us from above? If we are in a bad situation or targeted you can cover for us”.

 

Akeno smiled and said, “No need to worry about that Akira-kun I trust your judgement. And your reasoning is correct. So I will do so”.

 

“Thank you, Akeno-san”, I said with a smile. And Akeno smiled and flew up.

 

“Now let’s go”, I said to Issei and Koneko by looking at them. They both nodded.

 

And thus we followed Kiba to the basketball court. I had my “magic sense” turned on to check enemy locations and possible sneak attacks.

76