Chapter 79
2.5k 4 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I said, “Well the reason I had a talk with Kiba is because we are going to encounter ‘Holy Sword’ wielders soon”.

 

“Holy Sword wielders?”, asked Rias astonished.

 

“Yes, due to this reason Kiba might have rebelled and left to get his revenge. Well he did in the anime so I talked to him to make sure he doesn’t”, I said.

 

“Yuuto would have left…”, said Rias shocked.

 

“Wha-“, exclaimed Issei in surprise.

 

“Yuuto-senpai please don’t leave”, said Koneko. Unlike her usual face with no emotion, there was sadness on her face and she had a pleading voice.

 

She looked really cute. Is this what they call Moe?

 

Everyone was shocked to see that reaction on her face as she is normally not like this.

 

Akeno said, “Yes, Yuuto-kun please don’t leave”.

 

“Yes, don’t leave Kiba. I know you are upset but hink about Buchou”, said Issei.

 

“Please don’t leave Kiba-san”, said Asia.

 

“Yuuto…..please….don’t do this”, pleaded Rias.

 

Kiba was also surprised and then smiled and said, “If Konkeo-chan and everyone says it like this, how can I leave? And I was not going to leave anyway, Akira-kun talked me out of this”.

 

Everyone sighed in relief.

 

Rias asked, “But would we be involved with users of ‘Holy Swords’? Will they come to destroy us?”, in a serious tone.

 

I said, “No, they wouldn’t do something like attacking the Maou’s little sister and start a potential war. They are not that dumb”.

 

“Then what?”, asked Rias.

 

“Well, it’s about the fallen angels. They stole a few holy swords from the church. So they are coming after them. But they will interact with us since this is our area”, I said.

 

“The fallen angels again huh? They don’t stop do they? So they will come to ask our permission?”, asked Rias after calming down a little.

 

Kiba was listening intently as I haven’t told him all the details before.

 

“Basically, yes but they are too arrogant to admit it. Anyway expect some confrontation. Though nothing major, everything should be all right as we are not their targets”, I said.

 

“I see”, said Rias, she looked a bit relived.

 

“But anyway there are two things we need to be aware of”, said.

 

“What?”, asked Rias.

 

“First, of the people coming from the church, one of them is Ise’s childhood friend. So they will visit his residence. Though nothing happened in the anime it’s better to prepare for just in case”, I said.

 

Everyone looked at Issei.

 

“You are friends with a member of a church?”, asked Kiba.

 

Issei became confused and waved his hands frantically, “I-I don’t know anyone from the church. And which childhood friend are you talking about?”.

 

“Well you met that person when you were a little kid, so you didn’t know that that person's family was affiliated to the church”, I answered.

 

“But who is it? What’s his name?”, Asked Issei.

 

I smiled and said, “You’ll find out soon enough. It’s not like you’ll get any advantage if you know who it is”.

 

I deliberately kept the gender hidden. I laughed internally imagining on learning that his childhood friend was actually a girl.

 

Rias said worriedly, “But we need some measures in place to protect Ise”.

 

I said, “I agree. How about giving him enough summoning papers so that he can summon us to his house if he needs us? That way we can help him if needed”.

 

Honestly I was going to stay with him originally but if I do so the girls will insist on staying with me and won’t let me live in his  house alone. It will be an inconvenience to Issei’s parents even if they won’t complain.

 

I could have suggested KIba but Issei won’t like it. The rest are girls so I can’t suggest that. Hence this is a good way.

 

Rias smiled and said, “This is a good idea. Akeno”.

 

“Yes, Buchou I will make the make the summoning circles”, said Akeno immediately.

 

“But do you know when they are coming?”, asked Rias.

 

“I cannot say the exact day unfortunately, I just know it will happen shortly”, I sighed and replied.

 

“I see. Issei when you see them coming, let us know by text and text us to tell us that you are safe after they leave”, said Rias.

 

“Yes Buchou”, said Issei.

 

“Now that it’s settled on to the second thing everyone needs to be aware of”, I said.

 

Everyone looked at me.

 

“The main fallen angel behind all this is one of their leaders. A Cadre class fallen angel named Kokabiel”, I said.

 

“Kokabiel huh?”, said Rias.

 

“Yes and his will appear himself so we need to be prepared”, I said.

 

“What?”, said Issei looking frightened.

 

“It would have been if we could inform your brother now but that would require a lot of explanation and I don’t want to revel my cards”, I Said.

 

“That’s ok. We can do this, we don’t have to rely on my brother. We have faced and defeated enemies together before”, said Rias.

 

I smiled and said, “I appreciate you determination Buchou but this enemy is like nothing we have faced before. We can’t defeat him even if we fight together. This is no place for pride”.

 

“But-But we have done it before”, said Rias.

 

“As I said this is different. But as I said we can’t do it openly. Hmmm…how about you invite Grayfia-san to assist you in your job. That way we don’t have to tell them any reason. If she is there we can win this”, I said.

 

Rias narrowed her eyes and asked, “Why her?”.

 

I had sweat coming out of my neck in tension. I said as calmly as possible, “We-Well she is the strongest [Queen] after all and her strength is comparable to the Maou’s. So should be able to deal with Kokabiel. It’s not like we have to only face Kokabiel, the more the merrier right?”.

 

Rias narrowed her eyes even further and asked, “And? Is that it? OR do you have any other motive?”.

 

I sweated profusely and said, “Y-Yes what other reason could I have”. Well, I do want her see as she is really hot.

 

“You face says otherwise”, said Rias cold.

 

“Wha?”, I said, crap my face betrayed me.

 

“No absolutely not. I reject that idea”, said Rias.

 

“Okay”, I said dejected. Well it was worth a try.

 

Rias then addressed everyone, “Ok everyone you heard Akira. Be careful from now on”.

 

“Yes”, everyone said together.

 

“By the way, everyone please make to react appropriately when the things I said are revealed to you later. Other we will have to explain everything”, I said.

 

“All right”, everyone said and nodded.

 

Then it was time for everyone to leave.

 

Before leaving Koneko suddenly pulled my shirt.

 

“What is it Koneko-chan”, I asked.

 

“Thank you for preventing Yuuto-senpai from leaving”, she said in a soft voice.

 

I smiled and said, “You don’t have to thank me. I would have done it whether way, we are comrades after all”.

 

Koneko smiled to me and nodded. How cute. It makes you want to protect her.

 

Then everyone except Asia and Rias left.

 

Well everything went well. I also told everyone everything they need to know while hiding facts to ensure their reactions to the events are genuine.

 

It’s a job well done.

58