Chapter 100
1.3k 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The same day after the last bell of the day rung, signifying that the school was over, I got a call from Xenovia, telling us to meet at the abandoned church.

 

I went to Asia and said, “Come with me quickly, we need to go to the club room.”.  Asia said, “Y-Yes.”, and followed me.

 

I went to Issei and said, “Let’s go, clubroom now.”. “Huh?”, said Issei surprised but he followed me nevertheless.

 

We went to Kiba’s class and asked for him and took him along with us.

 

As we entered the clubroom, I saw Koneko, Rias and Akeno were already there.

 

On seeing us Rias said, “Ara, welcome.”, Akeno said, “Ara ara, you all came together. Koneko just said, “Hello.”.

 

We all said, “Hello.”. After that, when we were all seated I said, “Xenovia called, she wants us to meet today, at the abandoned church.”.

 

Everyone went silent as I said that.

 

Then Rias said, “Okay then, let’s go together.”. I shook my head and said, “No, I, Ise, Kiba and Koneko-chan will go. The rest of you, please stay put.”.

 

“No, it’s dangerous. We need to go together.”, said Rias.

 

“That’s precisely why I am telling you guys to stay. We will call you via the summoning circle if anything happens. There needs to be some people to defend the base if something happens.”, I said.

 

“Defend the base, what do you mean?”, asked Rias.

 

“Well, there will be a big battle tomorrow at school. But, things have changed a bit here and there from what I know, so we can’t be sure. Also, if we all go together, if all of us get caught in trouble, there won’t be anyone to get us out.”, I said.

 

Rias sighed and said, “I understand. But I would need to inform Sona, if the school will be under attack.”.

 

“Of course, please do so. And it would be good to declare tomorrow as a off day. Otherwise, students get hurt. Now, the only thing is, how to explain to the Student Council, our situation?”, I said.

 

Rias said, “Don’t worry, Sona will understand, if I explain it to her. She is my childhood friend after all. As for the attack, we can just say that we anticipate it, as Kokabiel is involved.”, said Rias.

 

“All right”, I said. Rias then called Sona and Tsubaki and explained it to them.

 

After hearing everything, Sona said, “I understand. You have delved into dangerous waters Akira-kun.”.

 

I scratched my head and said, “…..I am sorry?”.

 

Sona said, “Anyway, I agree that it’s dangerous. So, I will make sure there is no school tomorrow. Also, I’ll make sure that the Student Council stays at school, from tomorrow morning.”.

 

“Thank you, Sona.”, said Rias with a smile.

 

Sona then said, “Then, I’ll take my leave.”, and left.

 

“Okay, let’s go.”, I said to Issei, Koneko and Kiba.

 

Rias hugged me and said, “Be careful.”. I nodded and said, “Of course.”. “Take care.”, said Akeno smiling.

 

“I will.”, I said. Asia then suddenly hugged me and said, “Akira-san, I want to go too. Please, take me with you.”.

 

I patted her head and said, “Asia, it’s dangerous, so please stay here. IF I need your help, I will call you, okay?”.

 

Asia nodded, albeit sulking.

 

Then I said, “Ok, we are leaving.”, and I, Issei, Kiba and Koneko left, after waving goodbye.

 

At the abandoned church. It turned out that they didn’t find any leads up till now, so they decided to call us so that we can search together.

 

We put on priests and sister’s clothes provided by Xenovia, we also had fake crosses. These clothes could supposedly keep our magic power, serving as perfect camouflages.

 

Kiba said, “You want Devils to disguise themselves as priests?”.

 

Irina replied, “Well, I am sure you’d rather not.”.

 

“I’ll do anything to get my revenge.”, said Kiba.

 

“And I don’t care either way, as long as we achieve our objective.”, I said.

 

Xenovia said, “We won’t achieve much in a large group. Let’s split up.”.

 

“Then we’ll search the east side of the city.”, said Issei.

 

Xenovia replied, “then we’ll take the left side. If you find anything, give Irina a call.”.

 

“Alright.”, I said and we left.

 

We searched the deserted areas of the streets for sometime but couldn’t find anything.

 

“Umm, does anyone have any ideas, on where to narrow our search?”, I asked.

 

Kiba said, “Maybe I do.” And we followed him to a place. It was a deserted open place with a deserted building at one side.

 

Upon seeing the place Issei said, This is where we fought Viser, the stray devil.”.

 

“Indeed.”, I said, looking at the place.

28