Chapter 2 – Challenges
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I knew from the first day that these two weeks would be hard. Maddy was being more annoying then usual. When I walked into school she went to me instantly, asking about Nicole. Nicole came racing to me saying, "Sorry I'm late! Had to bring my little sister to her school!". Maddy got upset then left me alone. At lunch I was talking with Nicole when some younger kid came and poked my back.

I turned and looked at them, "Yeah?"

"I-is it true that you guys are the lesbian couple?"

I glanced at Nicole.

"Yes, yes we are." Nicole spoke for me.

"Oh really? That's so cool!" 

I smiled at the girl and then she walked away. 

"Why did you say that?"

"Because, it might as well be true."

Nicole shrugged and got up and began to wander. 

Might as well be true? What was she saying? I brushed it off and finished my food. 

 

Maddy chatted with her friends, always glancing at me then snickering. God, could she be more annoying? The teacher was going to the bathroom so she wasn't there. I didn't know anyone in this class so I didn't talk. Maddy stood, said something to her friend who then stood and they turned and both walked to me. Maddy's friend was a strong looking dude with dark skin and straight black hair. I looked him up and down then sighed.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"My friend here, his name is Jacob, has a crush on you." Maddy smirked.

"A crush? Huh, oh really? Well tough luck buddy I'm lesbian and have a girlfriend."

Jacob's face filled with anger and embarrassment, "You said she was single!" He whispered harshly towards Maddy.

"She is. Don't worry, she loves to lie."

"Sorry but I'm NOT you. Thank God for that." I took out my notebook and began Flipping the pages to find a blank one.

"Excuse me?! You did NOT just say that!"

"Oh, but I did." I looked up at Maddy. 

"Oh you little bitch! I'll make you regret ever even thinking that!" Maddy groaned and stormed off.

Jacob glanced at me, "Who are you dating?" He asked.

"Nicole." I looked back at my notebook.

"Nicole?" Jacob repeated then he stopped, "She's my sister. I didn't know she was dating anyone."

I stared at Jacob shocked, "Really?"

Jacob nodded. 

I looked at him and suddenly a loud voice came from the hallway and the teacher opened the door.

"You kids are so loud I heard you from down the hallway! In your seats!" The teacher turned to the board then turned back, "Now!" Kids scrambled to their seats as the teacher began her lesson. 

 

A lunch I found Nicole and prepared to ask her about Jacob but when I saw her I decided I better not. Her face was full of bitter anger and sadness. 

"What happened?" I asked as I slid into the spot next to her.

"Today has been horrible."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Nicole glanced at me, "Sure." She turned to face me.

"Well first of all, tell me what made it so bad."

"Okay. I failed a math test, got pushed around by Maddy, couldn't find my homework and got detention, forgot my lunch, got news that my little sister is in the hospital but I'm not allowed to leave to see her, and I'm really tired because I was up all night doing that homework that I lost."

I waited patiently to see if she would say anything else. I looked at her closed mouth, "Anything else?"

She shook her head.

"Well first of all, it was only one test and math is hard either way, Maddy bothers everyone, and I'm sorry about your sister but at least your not banned from seeing her ever also go to bed early so you aren't as tired tomorrow."

"What about detention?"

"I'll join you."

"But you don't-" 

I stood and took my tray. Maddy was walking towards us and I flung the tray in her face. Food splattered all over her and she gasped in horror.

"You witch!"

"Sorry, that's you." I turned again and sat down.

Nicole looked at me surprised. A teacher came running over and angrily told me,

"Detention after school Miss Julia!"

"Of course. I'm sorry." I blinked my eyes innocently and the teacher stormed off.

"Why'd you do THAT?" 

"See, you won't be alone in detention now. Besides, Maddy deserved it."

"T-thanks." Nicole smirked, "Never had someone who would throw a tray at another person for me."

I smiled, "Well now you do." 

Nicole laughed. 

This was great. Now Nicole liked me more. 

2