Chapter 1.1 – Mother and Son
16.1k 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         The moment that her tears fell, Lua Anhai remembered the pain in her chest…… the suffocating pain……that pain……her tears continued to fall.

          "Fool !….."

          "Miss!......Miss!......Miss!"

          Luo Anhai opened her eyes.  In her blurred vision, she saw a familiar but younger image of the face that she remembered very well. 

          "Miss?  Are you alright?  Are you having a nightmare?"  The woman looked worriedly at Luo Anhai as she helped to wipe away the tears on Anhai's face in distress, thinking that Anhai must be dreaming of her dead Madame.

          "…..Chen…..Chen Ma?"  Luo Anhai looked at the woman in shock.  This woman almost looked like her old servant that had worked in her family before.  She remembered that Chen Ma left her when she was 20 years old to live with her son and daughter-in-law together with her little grandson.  She was no longer working for her family. 

          Chen Ma was even at her funeral…….crying in her son's arms.

          And now……Luo Anhai stared at her surroundings.  This is her room, everything here is so familiar.

         Seeing her Miss looking at a loss, Chen Ma became more distressed.

          "Miss, are you dreaming of Madame again?  Madame was too stubborn and just look at the result.  Madame had only just left and Master is already married to that woman.  Today, he is bringing them home, really……."   Chen Ma became more agitated as she spoke.  She felt sad for her deceased Madame, felt sad for the young Anhai who lost her mother at such a young age and felt hurt that her cold Master neglected the Young Miss.

          Without the Madame's protection, pitiful Young Miss will be bullied by that mother and child!

          Mother and son?   Coming back?   Luo Anhai looked at Chen Ma in puzzlement.  Her heart jumped with surprise and her heartbeat raced with her thoughts.

          "Chen Ma, my mother died three months ago, right?"

          "Correct…..only three months…..that woman can’t wait to join the family.  How can Master treat Madame like this?"

          In her heart, she knew her guess was correct.   Luo Anhai dared not believe and tried to control her trembling voice.  "Chen Ma, please go out first."

          "Miss?"  Looking at her pale face, Chen Ma asked worriedly.  "Are you alright?"

          "I'm fine."   Luo Anhai gave a weak smile.  "Go out first.  I will come down.  My father will be back in a short while, right?"

          "The driver said that they will arrive in ten minutes.  Master said that he wants you to wait downstairs."   After finishing, Chen Ma felt angry.  Knowing that Miss was against the mother and son coming back, Master still insisted that Miss was to meet them downstairs.  This was simply to force Young Miss to accept them.

          But she was only a servant after all and even for Miss who was unhappy, she was not able to say anything.   She could only helplessly and in distress meet the Young Master.

          "When I am done washing up, I will be down."   Luo Anhai looked calm but under the quilt, her hands were clenched in fists and could not stop trembling.

          As soon as Chen Ma closed the door, she quickly jumped out of bed, ran to the mirror to look at herself and her eyes immediately widened.

          Blue silk pajamas covered a body with four slender limbs and her brownish-black hair reached past her shoulder.  Her mixed-blood facial features were more prominent than the Eastern features.  Her face was pale and serene…… that was how she looked like when she was fourteen years old without haughtiness and rebellious traits.  The reflection was a bright and clean girl's face.

          Even if her heart had really confirmed, Luo Anhai was still scared of her reflection and even still unable to believe what she is seeing.

          Although she knew 'rebirth' was popular in recent novels and dramas, but she never thought that this would actually happen to her.

          She had died in a plane crash, became a ghost, returned as a ghost to her past and returned to her fourteen years old which was today……

          She clearly remembered that today is the day her father married that woman and also the same day that both mother and son came back.  Her father who never considered her family as his family would be returning today.  Returning to the family house with his new family and she, the successor of Luo Corporation would become an outsider.

          She was unwilling to accept and felt angry.  She hated her father's heartlessness towards her own mother, hated that woman's shamelessness and even hated that woman's son.

          She was like a hedgehog, fighting against everyone, in order to stifle all the pain and sadness inside her and she would be happy to just see them being unhappy.

          She knew that except for her mother's old servant who loved her, no one liked her.  It did not matter.  Anyway, in her mind, there was only hatred and only disgust for them.  She knew that person was of the same opinion because they had almost struggled for a lifetime.

          But that man, after her death, had lived half-heartedly in loneliness and pain like a wretched man who held on to her photo when he was dying and whispered her name with his last breath.  He was like a fool, a stupid, hopeless fool!

          "Fool!"   Foolish like an idiot!

          To suppress the restlessness of her heart, her hands at the sides slowly tightened.  That year all the hatred and injustice that she felt, she could still deeply remember…..even if she returned from the dead, and relived her life again, it would not change anything.  But when she recalled her past, she found that her deepest memory was not of hate but of that person's silly pitiful kind of ……….

          Hearing the sound of the car outside the window, Luo Anhai froze and without thinking, turned and rushed out of the room.

          She did not even wear her slippers.  Her footsteps fast and chaotic, she ran down the stairs barefooted, just to in time to meet the three of them at the door.

          Luo Anhai stopped just before the entrance, breathing heavily.

          "Anhai!"   Luo Cheng He stared at his daughter wearing pajamas rushing down the stairs.  Although he was not happy to see her improperly dressed, he was in a happy mood today.  Seeing his rebellious daughter had obediently come downstairs, he was satisfied and did not intend to say anything.      

          "Come, this is Aunty Fang.  From now onwards, she will be your mother."   Luo Cheng He introduced the woman standing next to him to his daughter.

          "Hello, Anhai."   Mei Fang nervously greeted Luo Anhai.  She was about forty years old and wore a white silk, red floral design cheongsam with her hair in a simple bun looking simple and elegant.

          Luo Anhai looked at Mei Fang and she will always remember this scene.  The woman in front of her was average in looks and could not compare with her own mother but ultimately her father's heart was only with this woman. 

          She had felt hatred for Mei Fang all this while, and even when Mei Fang had tried to please her, she felt sick.  She still did not like Mei Fang. 

          But Mei Fang did not seem so annoying now……..Luo Anhai thought of her death anniversary every year.  Mei Fang always accompanied her father to her tomb and prepared all kinds of food that she liked to eat…….but she never thought that Mei Fang would know her favorite food.

          Seeing that Luo Ahai was staring at her and not intending to speak, Mei Fang was perturbed and quickly found a way out of this awkward situation.  "This is Ding Rui.  He is ten years old, younger than you by four years."   She looked down at her son and gently patted his soft hair and said.   "Xiao Rui, call her 'Sister.'"

          Han Ding Rui looked up at the sister that his mother was gesturing at and a flicker of light flashed in his eyes.  Pulling his face tautly, he refused to say a word.

          "Xiao Rui!"   Mei Fang frowned and said.  "You must not be rude.  Hurry, call her sister."

          Han Ding Rui tightened his lips and refused to speak.

          Mei Fang felt unhappy.  She did not understand why her son who was normally very obedient was acting this way.  Anxiously, she said.  "Xiao Rui!"

          "It's alright.  Do not scold Xiao Rui.  He is still young and needs time to adapt."   Luo Cheng He patted Mei Fang's hand so that she will not scold the child.  He rubbed his big hand on Xiao Rui's head, smiling affectionately at the child with his face full of love.  But when he turned to face Luo Anhai, his smile disappeared. 

          "Anhai, from now onwards, you are his sister.  Take care of Xiao Rui, understand?"

          Luo Anhai's eyes looked at the little devil and slowly moved her eyes to Luo Cheng He.  When Luo Cheng He was facing the little devil, her father's eyes were warm with love but when he was facing his own daughter, he was extremely cold.

          Anhai had never looked at her father in such a way.  In her eyes, he saw indifference, anger, and disappointment.  She had always known that her father did not like her.  She had thought that if she died, her father might not even let a tear flow for her.

          But when she was really dead, she had seen her cold father crying so pitifully, clutching his face in that moment of pain……she could not believe her eyes.

          "Mm…."   Anhai lightly answered.

          Hearing his daughter's dull response, Luo Cheng He was again surprised for a moment.  He was prepared to hear rude abusive words from her and did not expect to find her so submissive.

          Luo Anhai did not miss the surprise in her father's eyes.  After all, she had never been obedient but at this time, she really did not have the energy to fight with him or go through again what she had experienced.  She was not interested to repeat those moments again.

          In her mind, she remembered the scene of her father's presence at her death anniversaries with Mei Fang accompanying him to worship her and the stupid person's face when he was holding her photo.

          Luo Anhai pursed her lips, looked at the annoying little devil and with a commanding tone, said.  "Hey, come upstairs with me.  I will show you, your room."   After saying those words, she turned around and walked towards the staircase not bothering whether he followed her or not.

          Luo Cheng He and Mei Fang were both stunned.  They did not expect that she would accept Han Ding Rui so easily.  Mei Fang quickly pushed him forward and said. "Xiao Rui, hurry and follow your sister upstairs."

          Mei Fang pushed Han Ding Rui forward a few steps and he looked hesitantly at Luo Anhai's retreating back.  Turning around, he looked back at his mother and Mei Fang gave him a slight approving nod.  Then he paused for a moment before he quickly ran after Luo Anhai in small quick steps.

                   

          Luo Anhai took Han Ding Rui to the third floor.  The third floor was Anhai's personal floor.  In addition to her room, there were three more rooms, the study, the audiovisual room, and a guest room.   Earlier on, Luo Cheng He had renovated the guest room as Han Ding Rui's bedroom which was just next to Luo Anhai's bedroom.

          Adults seemed to have naïve ideas, that placing children together would foster good relationships between them.  Luo Anhai scoffed at this type of ideas.

          She had never been pleasant to Han Ding Rui, always giving him contemptuous disdainful looks and as always attacking him with her vicious tongue and ridicule.   He had always kept silent, like a stone, no matter how she berated him.  He practically did not give any response and always had an expressionless face without even a twitch of his eyebrows.

          Speaking of this, she had never been good to Han Ding Rui.  In order to get the position of the president, she had even tarnished his name using underhanded methods in private, so much so, that she even despised herself.  She felt Han Ding Rui must hate her to death. 

          However, after her death, he was like…….Luo Anhai did not understand.  They had never got along peacefully, their relationship can be considered volatile and she treated him very bad….....extremely bad.

          Luo Anhai turned around and looked at the boy behind her.  He was wearing a white shirt and harness trousers like a little gentleman.  He had a slim body which only reached up to her shoulder, with short hair, handsome facial features which showed a shadow of his adult features.  His eyes mirrored indifference just like a child's eyes, showing tenderness and uneasiness.

          Uneasiness?  She did not think Han Ding Rui would also show uneasiness and it filled her with interest.  The instinctive evil nature in her to deal with a person's weakness, never letting go was very strong.  Luo Anhai stepped forward, slightly leaned down and looked intently at the boy. 

          "Are you scared of me?"

          Han Ding Rui, sensitive to Luo Anhai's malice, pulled his face taut, stood his ground without showing any weakness but his eyes became more alert.

          He knew that if he showed any trace of fear, the other party would become prouder and would bully him.

8