Chapter 1.2 – I don’t like you
11.1k 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         His father had died early and he was raised up by his mother single-handedly which had resulted in Han Ding Rui to be more mature than his age.  Growing up in an aggressive neighborhood, he learned to protect himself from those children's bullying and despicable acts. 

          Since childhood, he had known that if he obediently let those children insult or bully him, they would seek him out and give him trouble every day.

          After being surrounded and beaten up a few times, he fought back and finally won.  Every time he was injured, his mother was angry and distressed, crying as she helped to put medicine on him.  But ever since that time, he had won, those kids never gave him trouble again. 

          Later, his mother met Uncle Luo.  Uncle Luo helped them to move out of the slum area and helped them find a good house.  Uncle Lou ensured he was well educated, ensured he and his mother would not starve or freeze in the cold, not being looked down by others and no longer needed to pay protection money to avoid being bullied.

          Although he was only ten years old, Han Ding Rui knew that Uncle Luo was already married and he also understood that his mother's and Uncle Luo's relationship was wrong.  His mother had hugged him, crying that she has done wrong to Uncle Luo's wife and daughter but she could not help it because she only had Han Ding Rui and she did not want him to suffer this lifetime doing menial work.

          For him, his mother was willing to accept contempt, despise, hardship and ignore all grievances.

          Last night, his mother had told him that he would have a sister in the new home and the sister may give him a hard time, may bully him but he must tolerate because they had done wrong to her.

          He had kept his mother's words in his mind and so, in the face of Luo Anhai's malice he was not surprised but the pride in him would not allow him to back down.

          He looked blankly, stared at Luo Anhai and waited for her next action.

          Luo Anhai fixed her eyes on the little devil.  Ten seconds later, after not getting the desired response from him, she straightened her body and lost interest in bullying him.

          He was only ten years old, so boring…….no wonder when he grew up, he would be so boring.

          Luo Anhai pursed her lips and sat down on the sofa.  "This is your room……pour me a glass of water."   She tilted her chin and looked at the glass water jug on the coffee table.

          Han Ding Rui did not say a word, silently poured a glass of water and handed it to her.

          "Such a good boy."   Luo Anhai took the glass with her elbows on the sofa arm and a hand supporting her cheek with legs overlapping.

          Wearing silk pajamas, sitting in such a posture, if Anhai were a few years older, she would be considered absolutely seductive but for a fourteen-year-old, she was like an arrogant, despotic elder.

          "Hey!"  Luo Anhai tilted her chin and gestured proudly.  "I want to make it clear and honestly tell you……I Don't Like You."   The last four words, she said very slowly and very clearly.

          Han Ding Rui was silent.  His face expressionless without a trace of surprise, indifferent and his black eyes were steady and deep.

          "I don't only hate you……I also hate your mother."   Even if she had another lifetime, she would still dislike Mei Fang.  "You and your mother are very annoying!"   In particular, when she died, he had that wretched look which disgusted her.

          "I don't want to be your sister.  Remember, my surname is Luo and your surname is Han, therefore you are not my brother and I am not your sister.  This third floor is my personal floor and letting you live next door to me is considered very good.  You'd better stay away from me, don't bother me and………."

          Luo Anhai paused for a while, eyes flashing, she lowered her eyes and in a low voice, said.  "It would be better if you hate me too."   Having said that, she stood up, put down her empty glass and walked towards the door ignoring his reactions.

          "I won't call you 'Sister’."

          Just as Anhai reached the bedroom door, the silent Han Ding Rui spoke up.  His voice was still like a child's immature voice but was very firm.

          Luo Anhai looked back.  The little devil who only reached her shoulder still had no expression on his face but his eyes were steady and looked back at her, straight in her eyes.

          "You will never be my sister."

          "Right."   Luo Anhai smiled.  "Never will."

          Forever and always!!

          Han Ding Rui was currently in fourth grade and Luo Cheng He did not put him in the aristocrat school, mainly was because if Han Ding Rui now enters his class midway, he would be bullied.  The aristocrat school students were above average students.  Han Ding Rui may not be able to catch up with the lessons plus everyone was on the same social level, gossip would spread very fast.

          Who did not know that the President of Luo Corporation, immediately after the death of his wife, married the woman that he kept and brought her home?   This matter had already aroused the anger of the Hank Family.

          That year, when Luo was facing a financial crisis, he married the only daughter of the Hank Family and cooperated with the Han Group.  With Han Group's backing, Luo survived the crisis and because of that, Luo Corporation had now developed into an internationally renowned business consortium.

          Luo Corporation under Luo Cheng He gradually grew independent and need not rely on the Han Group.  He had also found a new love interest, eventually neglected his wife and even asked for a divorce from his wife.

          This matter created a big upheaval.  The Hank Family had tried to intervene but could not break off the relationship between Luo Cheng He and that woman.  In addition, Han Group and Luo Corporation business cooperation were complex and even a small problem would result in severe losses for both parties.  Finally, the Hank Family decided to close one eye to Luo Cheng He's behavior and did not intervene in his affairs.

          When Luo Anhai was appointed as Chairman of the Board, her maternal grandfather passed away.  Han Group's operating rights were divided and some directors broke away from the Group.   Although Hank Family was angry with Luo Cheng He's behavior, as it only affected Hank Family's standing, Hank Family was not able to do anything, since they were also reliant on Luo Corporation. 

          Luo Anhai knew that the family members of the Hank Family were materialistic and therefore she tried not to have any connections with them.  After the death of her mother and maternal grandfather, her inheritance was managed by a lawyer which included the shares of both, Han Group and Luo Corporation including some real estate and cash deposits.  Even Luo Cheng He was not able to touch any of these assets until Luo Anhai reached the age of 20 whereby she will inherit everything.

          So, even if Luo Anhai did not fight for the President's position and with only her inheritance, even if she was to live lavishly for three lifetimes, she would not be able to use up all her inheritance.

          But she was not willing to let them lead a better life.  So, she fought, she struggled and because she was unhappy, she dragged everyone into her world of unhappiness.

          Now thinking about it, she realized that she was really stupid.

          However, although she did not hate them so much now, she still hated them.

          At breakfast, Luo Anhai silently drank her milk.  Luo Cheng He was sitting in his master seat with Mei Fang and Han Ding Rui sitting on one side, opposite her.

          She saw Luo Cheng He adding milk to his coffee.

          "Drinking coffee in the morning is not good, why not drink some milk?"   Mei Fang asked softly.  Not waiting for Luo Cheng He to answer, she took away his cup of coffee.

          Luo Cheng He wanted to take back his cup of coffee but Mei Fang stared at him.  He lightly touched his nose, picked up the glass of milk she had poured for him and smiled helplessly.  "Okay, I will listen to you."

          Nausea…….

          Luo Anhai who did not feel like eating put down her milk stood up and got ready to go to school.

          "Anhai."   Luo Cheng He stopped her.  "Wait for Xiao Rui to finish his breakfast.  From onwards you have to go to school together with Xiao Rui as his school is near your school."

          Han Ding Rui finished his milk and also stood up.

          "Xiao Rui, come.  Here are your bag and lunch."   Mei Fang gave the bag and the prepared lunchbox to her son and then looked at Luo Anhai.

          Holding another bag with a lunchbox, Mei Fang smiled gently but was unable to conceal the tension in her eyes.  "Anhai, I have also prepared your lunch.  Do you want to bring it to school?"

          Luo Anhai looked at her bag and could see a three-layer lunchbox inside the bag.  She remembered that time, she had slapped away the lunchbox and then Luo Cheng He was very angry.   After that, what did she say to Mei Fang?......

          Oh yes……she seemed to have said that she does not want to eat food that a whore prepared. 

          Luo Cheng He was so angry that he wanted to slap her.  She was not scared and even lifted her chin and stared at her father, waiting for him to slap her.   At that time, she had thought that if her father did really slap her, she would slap Mei Fang in retaliation.

          Finally, it was Mei Fang who stopped her father from slapping her.  Anhai had coldly turned and walked away. 

          After recalling that incident again, Luo Anhai wanted to cheer for herself.

          And now……Lou Anhai stretched out her hand, watching the nervousness and anticipation in Mei Fang's eyes and at the corner of her eyes, she could see that Luo Cheng He was also staring at her.

          She found herself wanting to laugh.  She took the bag wordlessly, carried her school bag and walked towards the door.

          Mei Fang and Luo Cheng He were startled by Luo Anhai's calm reaction.  Mei Fang was surprised and looked excitedly at Luo Cheng He.  Luo Cheng He was surprised, as these two days, Luo Anhai really made him feel afraid.  In his memory, Anhai was rebellious and untamed which was completely different from the present Anhai.

          Han Ding Rui nodded after Mei Fang said something to him.

          Luo Anhai also heard Mei Fang's words.  She sat in the car and did not look to see whether Han Ding Rui followed behind.  Supporting her cheek, she looked out of the window.

          The chauffeur pressed a button and raised up the noise barrier glass pane separating the front and rear compartments before driving the car forward.

          Two people sat silently in the rear compartment.

          Luo Anhai did not say anything.  Han Ding Rui quietly took out his textbooks from his bag and began to review the class lessons for the day.

          Hearing the sound of turning pages, Luo Anhai looked sideways at the little devil.  He was concentrating on reading and Anhai's bad nature was aroused.

          "Hey, didn’t your mother tell you to try to get along with me?  You are so boring, reading your books, not talking nor laughing.  Are you acting only as an obedient child in front of your mother and my father?" 

          Han Ding Rui lifted his eyes from his book and turned his head to look silently at Luo Anhai.

          Luo Anhai lifted her eyebrows provocatively.

          "My mother told me to get along with my sister."   Han Ding Rui paused, still expressionless and calm.   "Are you my sister?"   Yesterday, she had clearly said that he was not her brother and she was not his sister.

          "….."   Luo Anhai turned to look out of the window.

          Nasty little devil!!

8