Chapter 6.1 – Monitoring her
20.1k 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Luo Anhai had a feeling that her own territory was gradually being taken over.  This type of feeling made her very uncomfortable.

            She coldly glanced at the staff outside her office.

            Feeling the Boss' cold gaze on them, with the exception of Ai Er, everyone in the company kept their heads down and continued with their work.  Luo Anhai held back her anger and with arms folded across her chest, she let Han Ding Rui into her office.  Suppressing the urge to bang the door….. she calmly shut the door.

            Her office layout was very simple.  A set of black office table and chair placed near a full length, ceiling to floor glass window pane.   This commercial building was the highest in the city center and standing in front of the glass window gave one a kind of feeling like….. overlooking all living beings.  Han Ding Rui believed this was the main reason that Luo Anhai bought this floor. 

            To the right of the office door, there was a long white sofa and a square coffee table.  To the left, there was a bookshelf lining the wall filled with all kinds of books.  Han Ding Rui was surprised to see the bookshelf filled with three layers of comics.

            Suddenly she asked.  "Seen enough?"

            He ignored her harsh tone and gave her a brief glance.  She felt that he was laughing at her and immediately shot him a sharp look.

            "What are you doing in my office?"

            "I told you I’ve brought you, your afternoon tea."   He placed the paper bag that he was holding on the square table and from the bag, he took out a small cake and a thermos flask which was filled with hot tea.

            She was about to tell him to take the things with him and leave when Han Ding Rui told her that Uncle Luo had instructed him to bring her these.

            Luo Anhai was stunned and her words were caught in her throat.

            "He instructed Ma-an to prepare this."   Ma-an was the Luo Family kitchen maid and Luo Anhai likes her desserts very much.

            "Here."   He handed the cake to her.  "This is your favorite chocolate flavor."

            She looked awkwardly at the cake and after pondering for a while, she took the cake from him.  Although she still had on her cold expression, she picked up a small fork, cut into the cake and put it into her mouth.

            "Is my dad okay these days?"  She pretended to ask indifferently.

            "Yes.  Seems like he is no longer angry with you."   Han Ding Rui was thinking, this pair of father and daughter was so similar.  Both so stubborn and they obviously cared for each other but could not put aside their differences. 

            She lightly humphed under her breath and sat down in front of her desk.  Leaning against her chair, she looked arrogantly at him.  "When are you leaving my house?"

            The little devil had lived in for two days.  During the two days, she had lost her freedom.  He tracked her movements and even set a time for her to be home.  If she ignored him, he would use the old man to threaten her.

            When had she been threatened before?  During her previous life and this life, no one had dared to do this to her.

            Han Ding Rui sat down on the sofa, poured out the tea from the thermos flask and took a sip.  Then he raised his eyes and coldly stared back at her.  "When Uncle Luo thinks your monitoring period is over."

            "Han Ding Rui!  Don’t you dare threaten me using my father!"  Luo Anhai was so angry, she wanted to jump up from her desk.  She did not forget that they were in her office and there were people outside her office.  She forced herself to take a deep breath and her eyes stared fiercely at Han Ding Rui.

            "Little devil, I find that you are becoming more and more daring recently."  In the past, no matter how much he was bullied, he would be like a boring gourd but recently he had started to lecture her.

            Luo Anhai tried to recall when this situation had started…….as if from the last time he fooled her into believing he had tossed her car keys away and saw her embarrassing appearance when she touched the dog poo.

            Since then, his attitude towards her completely changed…….could it be that this little devil saw her embarrassing appearance at that time and used that incident to have control over her?

            He thought for a moment then nodded in agreement with her words.  "It seems like it."

            In the past, he would not contradict her because his mother had constantly reminded him to be patient with Luo Anhai.  He had tolerated for eight years and had perfected his endurance.  Until recently, he felt he was reluctant to carry on.  Luo Anhai, this woman would never understand and surrender……she would only continue to be proud and arrogant.

            "Luo Anhai."   He put down his tea, got up and moved towards her and then stopped at her desk.  "Recently I have decided on something."

            His sudden change of manner put Luo Anhai on guard.

            He rested his hands on the desk and leaned close to her.

            She subconsciously wanted to move her chair back but stopped immediately.  Her arrogant personality did not allow her to show any weakness and she froze her expression to see what he was up to.

            His mouth curved at the corners and his young face showed a faint shadow of manly mannerism.  Luo Anhai was terrified and her heart suddenly tightened.

            "As to you, I will not let you have your way anymore."   His voice was very light but severely stabbed into Luo Anhai's heart.  Gazing into her black eyes, his eyes were revealing very powerful aggression as if to declare something.

            She quickly got up and her chair almost toppled over behind her.  She forcefully suppressed the panic in her heart.  This Han Ding Rui was strange but at the same time familiar which gave her the urge to flee.

            Tightening her trembling fingers, Luo Anhai froze her expression without showing a trace of emotion.  "Is it?  Then I will look forward to your counter-attack, in the future."   She smiled, walked towards the door and opened it.  "Now, please leave my office."

            "Wa!"  The people plastered outside the door, eavesdropping were too slow to disperse.  The people just in front of the door staggered a few steps forward while the rest of the people did not dare to look at the Boss's face.  Quickly, they flew back to their seats and hurriedly continued to work.

            "Ai Er Jackson!  Don’t you have work to do?!"   Luo Anhai looked coldly at her staff.

            Ai Er was not afraid of Luo Anhai's temper and looked ambiguously towards Luo Anhai with squinted eyes.  "Ann, when did you change your taste?   Eat what should be eaten, aiya.…….you are indeed the Queen of Hearts.  You are also able to capture the heart of such a handsome young man!"   She looked greedily at Han Ding Rui.

            "Shut up!"  Luo Anhai could not stand it anymore and shot a glance at Ai Er.  "No matter how hungry I am, I will never like this little devil!"

            Ai Er did not believe Luo Anhai and sensing the atmosphere between the two of them, she blinked and used her elbow to nudge Luo Anhai.  "Did you quarrel with your little lover?"

            "Ai Er Jackson.  I have said…….."

            "I am Han Ding Rui."   He interrupted Luo Anhai and directly said to Ai Er.  "Call me Han."

            "Han Ding Rui……."  Ai Er felt his name was somewhat familiar, then immediately thought of Luo Anhai's brother whose surname was Han.  Her eyes widened.  "You are Ann's brother?"  Han Ding Rui had always been low-key, never appeared in public and this was the first time Ai Er saw the rumored younger brother.

            "He is not my brother!"  Luo Anhai exclaimed loudly.

            "She is not my sister!"  Han Ding Rui said faintly.

            They refuted at the same time.   Luo Anhai and Han Ding Rui looked at each other.  Luo Anhai humphed coldly and looked aside.

            Suddenly, Ai Er had an illusion that this is a little couple's quarrel.

            She looked at the two people and still felt a bit strange.  Especially Luo Anhai, this woman who had always been arrogant and one who always made others grit their teeth in exasperation.   Normally, she would only make others angry but now with that annoying appearance on her face…………  These two days, her temper had been in an explosive mode……could it be due to Han Ding Rui?

            It seems those rumors were true.  The two were really not on good terms.

            In this case, how can she tell them about her plans?……  Ai Er was undecided.

            Seeing Ai Er's intense gaze directed at her, Luo Anhai frowned.  "What?"

            "Uh….it's like this."   Ai Er hesitated and finally blurted out.  "Didn’t our shopping site recently decided to develop a male consumer market?"  Correctly speaking, it was a 'young at heart' market.  The spending power of males chasing for beauty would not be any less than females.  "The company had interviewed a lot of male models but was unable to find the right person but today, we have finally found him."   She looked meaningfully at Han Ding Rui.

            Han Ding Rui lifted his eyebrows slightly.

            Luo Anhai's brow knitted together tightly staring straight at Ai Er.

            Under Luo Anhai's gloomy look, Ai Er ignored her and directly asked Han Ding Rui.  "Han, would you like to be our company's endorsement model?"

            "No!"

            "Sounds good!"

            The two of them answered at the same time again.  Luo Anhai directly stared across at Han Ding Rui and coldly said.  "If I remember correctly, now you should be preparing for your graduate exams, how are you going to handle this?  Are students so free nowadays?"

            Han Ding Rui smiled and casually said.  "In fact, there are three universities which invited me, hoping I can enter their university.  So I don’t even have to go to school now.  I just have to take the final exam."

            Luo Anhai lifted her chin.  "Ai Er, I'm the Boss.  I said ~ No!"   Although her words were directed at Ai Er, she was looking at Han Ding Rui.

            "But Ann……you always drew a clear line between private and business.  Didn't you clearly say that employees are not allowed to bring emotions to work?"

            Luo Anhai fiercely glared at Ai Er.

            Ai Er who was holding up the storm looked towards Luo Anhai laughingly.  "Ann, as the Boss, you should lead by example!"  And then immediately she stretched out her hand to Han.  "Han, if you are interested, we can negotiate the relevant contract.  What is your opinion?"

            Han Ding Rui shook hands with Ai Er.  "It is my honor."   His eyes were looking at the angry, speechless Luo Anhai.

            This is provocation!  Absolutely provocation!

            Luo Anhai clenched her fists and completely understood Han Ding Rui's battle actions.  Just like a little while back, he had made his declaration……..

            To her, he will not give way!     

            And this is the first step of his counterattack!

           Han Ding Rui was not only……not giving in to her and he even occupied all areas of Luo Anhai’s life…… step by step.

 

           In just a few days, Luo Anhai's company staff were fascinated by Han Ding Rui.  Such a nice child was rare these days.  With good looks, not proud, modest and courteous……completely different from the Boss……although a little cold and he did not even fight with his sister.   But what made people unable to bear was the kind of steady, noble temperament……..oh, really mesmerizing!

                 In order to celebrate the successful search of the endorsement model, Ai Er extorted the Boss to a celebration at the PUB.  Taking advantage of the weekend, all the company staff went to the PUB to enjoy, drink and relax.  Anyway, the next day is a holiday and everyone can enjoy themselves all night.

            Of course, all expenses would be settled by the Boss!  The Boss would not mind paying this small amount!  Luo Anhai made up her mind that she would be stingy this time and she will not pay for this!

            They reserved an open box for the celebration and Han Ding Rui was pulled by Ai Er into the middle of the group of women who inquisitively asked about the little brother. 

            Luo Anhai did not want to be with the group of traitors, so sat by herself at the bar counter to drink her wine.

            Facing a series of pressing questions, Han Ding Rui very patiently answered them one by one while his eyes were directly focused at the bar counter.

 

9