The SYSTEM
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Olivia laughed as Dustin kept telling her about how it day went. Her sound was as beautiful and soft as a bell.  Torra and Shirley watched on the side as the two interacted with each other. Torra was currently contemplating the scene as she had seen a colder side of Olivia, whereas Shirley was watching in envy.

Finally, Dustin brought up the topic of how the screen appeared. Olivia's eyes widened as she had completely forgotten about the appearance of the system, "After I said 'sure' the system moved on and said to choose a class. I didn't really know what to do so I asked if I could wait on mommy to help and it said sure, so I waited for you," Dustin smiled brightly. Suddenly a screen appeared in front of Olivia.

As the designated [Guardian] of the human: Dustin Pawlak due to not being of the 'mature' human age, Olivia Pawlak has been given the right to help and guide her offspring. She is not, however, permitted to choose and decide for said offspring.
Name: Dustin Pawlak Race: Human Class: Undecided Lv: Null
Age: 6 Mana: Null Health: Null Energy: Null
Following  Sections Shall Be 
Unlocked After Class Selection

Olivia looked at the screen in front of her with doubtful eyes. She hesitated in deciding and was even a little upset that the system would assume she would try to hijack her own son's status. As if she would try to absolutely try to dictate his life. She had no idea how long this would last or if they would always be together. He needed something that would let him be able to stand on his own feet for the rest of his life. This decision dictated the outcome to that need.

"Are there any classes that you would like or the system would like to recommend?" She asked both Dustin and the system. Dustin looked like he was giving it some thought, "Classes are basically what you want to be in life and they give you powers to do things you want to be able to do," she added remembering Dustin saying he didn't understand what it meant. The boy's face lit up after hearing what she said.

"I want to be able to talk to animals!" He shouted. Suddenly another screen popped up in front of the both of them detailing many classes that involved said ability. Olivia had played many games in life when she was younger. She knew that there were classes like druids or other things that would be combat-oriented while also being able to talk to animals. As if reading her mind, the screens shifted once again.

Now that she thought of it, could the system read her mind? She watched in curiosity wanting to see if the system would answer. If it could read her mind it didn't answer it could. She got no reaction from the phantasmagorical being. She looked through the listed and found that there were still hundreds of choices, "Is there anything else you want to be able to do?" 

"Hmm... I guess I want to be able to take care of you like you take care of me. Ooh! I also want to be able to see and talk to you every day," he smiled proudly at his answer. The system list changed twice, once after each answer. Finally, she was left with seventeen classes. Which still didn't sit well with her.

"Take out the classes that have drawbacks or side effects," she furrowed her eyebrows. Ten classes were removed. She didn't like that at all, "Take out the classes that provide limitations or are too difficult to handle for a child his age," another three disappeared, "Leave only the class with the most benefits."

One was left.

Class: Driven by The Forest

Tier: 1

This class provides the selector with the five class abilities. 

 

Stats granted per level: +3 Str, +4 Int, +2 Con

This class comes from the tribes of Western Phlofsp. It was created to help the people become one with and commune with the living forests that surrounded their entire planet. 

Grants Skills: Forest Communion. Nature's Breath, Wooden Sanctuary, Familial Embrace, Call of the Wood

Olivia didn't directly understand what this class meant, but she was pretty sure she got the gist of it. After encouraging Dustin to take it, watched as the boy smiled happily at the screen that was now invisible to her. She then decided to look at her own screens that were off to the corner of her vision. After looking at the screen her face soured.

Due to not getting an answer within the time limit given to all matured humans, the system will randomize the following selections.
Answer 'Yes' has been selected.
Class: Astrology Dancer has been randomly selected.
The class tutorial has been declined.

Olivia felt her gut wretch at the screen. She had been forced to take a class she had no idea about and the tutorial had been rejected.  Status, she thought.  And the system could read her mind or at least the mental commands.

Name: Olivia Pawlak Race: Human Class: Astrology Dancer Level: 1
Age: 44 Mana: 1200/1200 Health: 300/300 Sight: 10/10
Str: 10 Agi: 12 Dex: 12 Int: 13
Wis: 12 Vis: 5 Lk: 1 N/A

Olivia looked at her status and realized the differences. The first was that her screen was a different color from before as well as from Dustin's. She made the assumption that screen color was based on class selection. The second was that instead of energy she had sight. And the last was that her stats were unlocked and filled except for the last two which she assumed were for in case she got more. Which also brought her to the conclusion that they could gain more stats. Skills.

Star Reading Lv. 0 + 3 Vis, +3 Wis, +1 Int per level Grants users the ability to read the stars to gain insight into a question they may have. Accuracy depends on the user's Vision, Wisdom, and Intellect values.
Star Dancing Lv. 0 + 2 Agi, +1 Dex per level

This ability is divided into two attributes.

Rise of the Sun: Using Star Dancing during the day boosts the user's Strength stat while in use.

Fall of the Constellation: When used at night, the dance synergizes with Star Reading, giving users a chance of predicting an opponent's next move.

Chance: 0%

To Know   Even if others don't know, maybe you do.

Olivia's face assumed an expression of shock. What the hell kind of skills was these?! Being able to know something, when no one else did, was invaluable at this point, at any point really. Information was something people would kill for if it were the right kind. She felt conflicted though as she considered how, if at all, this could be used to protect her and Dustin. Star Dancing seemed figuratively overpowered, but she had no idea how to use it as the system had skipped her tutorial.

She also had no idea if the skill used a weapon or bare hands. Or if it could be used offensively. All she knew was that it increased strength. And then there was the skill 'To Know', what kind of unknown bullshit was that?! She didn't even know about herself, how the hell could she know about something else. Olivia took a deep breath in to calm herself. 

Boom!

She was just about to continue monitoring herself and Dustin when a crash resounded throughout the school from outside its walls.

1