Chapter 2, The Beginning II
144 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked outside and whiffed a new breath of fresh air. Although I would usually go straight to my workplace, my alarm hadn't woken me up today so I didn't have breakfast. I was starving. I decided to take a detour and enter the nearest  store.

Bing! Bing! 

The bells rung as I walked through the store. I scanned the shelves and picked out a tuna sandwich and a bottle of Fanta. As I silently waited in the queue, I anxiously peeked at my phone because it appeared I may be running late.

[9:55am, 12 April 20XX]

Crap. I only had 5 minutes left to get on time. Thankfully, the person in front of me had finished paying and I walked ahead, placing my items on the counter. My heart skipped a beat when I realised I couldn't find my money to pay for the food. I quickly patted my pockets in search for the coins.

'Hey! Hurry up. We don't have all day, you nerd.'

The shout came from a huge dude, two persons behind me. I sweated a little and patted around more, faster. I had finally found the money and dropped it onto the counter, grabbed my food and swiftly walked away from the queue. I had crossed shoulders with the huge dude that had shouted at me and dropped my items.

'Look at this idiot. Watch where you're going, dumbass.'

The large dude stepped on my items and they exploded. Though my heart was seething, I walked off as I couldn't afford to lose more time and get late for the first time at work. I sprinted out cowardly after the situation and reached for the door when..

Bong!

The door sent me on my behind. What? That was weird. I picked myself up and attempted to grab the door again.

Bong! 

My hand deflected off the door and was sent back to me. I started to panic, what was going on? Am I starting to go crazy? While staring at the door, I could see a yellow barrier manifesting and the scenery behind the windows become thick and opaque. 

 

I glanced behind me and heard the low chatter amongst the other customers, some of them seemed to have a great deal of panic drawn onto their faces. I gasped loudly as I remembered where I was supposed to be right now. 

[10:00am, 12 April 20XX]

Suddenly, upon glancing at my phone, the ground shook and and a loud vibrating sound could be heard. 

[&아#@!&아#@!] 

Screams could be heard as the loud vibrating screech pierced our ears. 

[The free service of planetary system 9432 has been terminated.]

[The Main Scenario has started.]

In the midst of all the chaos, a blue screen appeared on the far wall opposite me and a fluffy white ball appeared. 

3