Chapter 4, Perilous Escape I
119 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Main Scenario #1 – Proof of Value] 

Category: Main

Difficulty: F

Clear Conditions: Kill one or more creatures.

Time Limit: 30 minutes

Compensation: 300 coins

Failure: Death

Is this reality right now? I dropped onto the ground once again as people rushed past me, banging onto the door and trying to break free from the barrier that was trapping them. But I already knew, there was no way out. 

I never was a person to read novels like sci-fi, action or supernatural. But in this instance, I had to reject and deny my previous understanding on the world and exhibit new habits. But even though I came to this realisation, my personality and being did not change. 

I peered down and saw my hands shaking drastically. Could I truly accept this? I still needed time to process this, I knew what I had to do but I could not do it. All of a sudden, I heard shelves topple over. I looked over and saw the huge guy strangling a thin man appearing to be a young adult. The young thin man squirmed and had trouble releasing the huge guy's grip. 

Alas, the young adult's fight left him and his hands released off the huge guy's hand. My body trembled continuously as I gazed at the huge guy who quickly disposed off the young adults body. I could only stay stunned as he walked toward and towered above me. 

“Another prey.” He said, smirking with delight. 

My heart throbbed swiftly. Shit, was I really going to die here? No. I have to live. I used every ounce of my strength to pick myself up and swerve out of reach from the hand that was flying toward me. 

“You scum. You should definitely be the one dead out of all of us.” He spat, racing toward me.

I quickly dodged out the way and the huge man ran into the shelves, all of the items and ingredients toppling onto the ground. Was it just me or was this guy exhibiting such abnormal strength? The huge man shook himself steady and quickly gazed at my direction. Where I was supposed to be I wasn't. In truth, I had already dashed to cutlery aisle and grabbed a sharp, stainless steel knife to get myself ready for self defence. 

Although I was armed, I was scared shitless. I kept hyperventilating whilst looking up at the ceiling. It was a matter of time before I got caught. I needed to hold myself together and endure it for the time being. I clutched the silverware and waited silently for the man to come across. I let out a huge breath of air and thought to myself.

What could I possibly do here?

4