Chapter 20, War of the Kings VI
42 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{If you sit down, you will never reach the end of the scenarios.}

Once I gazed at the golden throne, I became lost in thought, a light trance. It seemed to be an outer-body experience, a different world. Everything was dull around me and the only thing necessary in my sight was the absolute throne. But even in this mesmerising sight, I could feel a menacing devilish aura wave over me. And that's when the message appeared. 

{If you sit down, you will never reach the end of the scenarios.}

The message seemed to  radiate from the gold throne. Was it because of my Capture ability? I could see truth, the only truth about this throne. That this throne would not allow me to reach the end of the scenarios. I was suddenly snapped back into reality, the downpour giving an eerie silence. 

"I..."

[What? What's taking you so long? Just sit down already.]

I turned to face the remaining people and the dokkaebi that hovered above them whilst unsheathing my sword. 

"I will not sit on the Absolute Throne."

A terrible silence assisted by the rain swept Griemore. The dokkaebi looked confused, as if he misheard my sentence. 

"What..? Why wouldn't you want absolute power? You can reign over everyone! Everything you want and desire will be in your reac-" 

"And why should I trust your words? For all I know you're just a lying scumbag."

These dokkaebis, who threw us into this terrible scenarios, really want to give us power? No way, there's got to be some catch to this throne, right? 

"Just sit on the damn throne already, you're wasting our precious constellations time."

[The Constellation 'Military Sage of the Sun' is demanding you sit on the throne.]

[The Constellation 'She Who Brings Victory' is questioning your reasoning.]

Even the people down below me were shouting strenuously. 

"Just sit down already, dumbass!" 

"Dammit, let me sit on the throne then!" 

"Stop wasting our time!"

I diverted my attention to the raging dokkaebi who looked like he was about to strike me at any time. 

"I already said." I spoke. "I'm not sitting on the throne."

I turned around facing the throne and swiftly brought my sword up before crashing it down onto the throne. 

Dong!

My Dojigiri bounced off the Absolute Throne. I felt quite embarrassed, so much for acting a little bit cool. 

[The Constellation 'Victorious Lion Heart' is thinking about leaving the channel.]

[The Constellation 'Gracious Judge of Thunder' is awkwardly laughing.]

[The Constellation 'Lady with the Lamp' has put out her lamp.]

The dokkaebi blinked a few times before laughing hysterically. 

[You really think you can break the Absolute Throne?! Foolish incarnation!] 

[The Constellation 'Legendary Tachi Myth' is looking at you.]

[The Constellation 'Legendary Tachi Myth' has revealed his true name to you.]

[The Constellation 'Amakuni Yasutsuna' is looking at you.]

[Incarnation.] He spoke. The voice was overwhelming and it forced me to cough out blood. Weird sparks started to sparkle around me also. 

[Probability?!] exclaimed the dokkaebi. I wasn't sure what that thing was but it didn't sound or feel very good. 

[Apologies, Incarnation. Bear with me. You hold my sword, the Dojigiri?] 

I coughed out much more blood before nodding slowly. If I were to hear this voice any longer I would possibly die. 

The hovering dokkaebi was confused but quickly turned to the crowd of people. 

[It seems there's been a change of plans.. Anyone can take the throne! Just get rid of that guy!]

[A new sub scenario has arrived!]

[Sub Scenario – Forced Succession]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: B

Clear Conditions: Eliminate the incarnation Aksel Liebert and claim the throne for yourselves. 

Time Limit: 30 minutes

Compensation: 6,000 coins

Failure: ― 

[The Constellation 'Legendary Tachi Myth' wishes to spare your sanity.]

[The Constellation 'Legendary Tachi Myth' is hoping you will catch on.]

After reclaiming my breath, my Dojigiri suddenly lighted up in a vicious flame that wholly illuminated the night sky. Everyone running toward the Absolute Throne recoiled from the heat of the vicious flame. Only I was practically immune to it.

[The S grade Dōjigiri Yasutsuna has evolved into the star relic 'Dōjigiri Yasutsuna'.]

The shouts behind me became muffled as I stood before the throne. It appeared that Leo and Erich were defending me over there because it surely had been a few several minutes and no one had step foot onto the peak of the throne. 

I slowly raised the vicious Dojigiri, evaporating all of the rain around me and maintaining my stance despite my ragged breathing. I used all my strength and sliced the sword down in the middle of the throne. The ferocious flames split and consumed the air around me. I collapsed onto the ground with my Dojigiri emitting great sparks. It was done. 

[The constellation linked to the star relic 'Absolute Throne' has disappeared.]

[The 'Unknown God' has noticed a change in this world.] 

The throne that was once so glorious and great had its status diminished instantly. 

I slowly turned my gaze to the dokkaebi that was angry but also somewhat calm. 

[Foolish incarnation. You will meet a probability storm and all these people will die in the next scenario! You've just killed everyone here!]

I looked up at the sky. Thick rain clouds swirled around and the stars seemed to lose their light. My body suddenly tore its insides apart. 

The agony was unbearable and I screamed whilst gallons of blood threw from my mouth. These 'probability sparks' enveloped me and I could not withstand it. I was going to die in a few minutes, hell even a few seconds. 

[The Constellation 'Victorious Lion Heart' is looking at you.]

[The Constellation 'Legendary Tachi Myth' is looking at you.]

[The Constellation 'She Who Brings Victory' is looking at you.]

[The Constellation 'Lady With The Lamp' is looking at you.]

[The Constellation 'Gracious Judge of Thunder' is looking at you.]

One by one, these messages popped up and the pain decreased. Still, I was hanging on to the little consciousness I had left. 

[The Constellation 'Military Sage of the Sun' is looking at you.]

[The Constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is looking at you.]

My sluggish eyes on the ground made its way to the dokkaebi that glared up into the sky. 

[Why...? Why, Constellations!] 

They didn't seem to respond. Maybe it was something they couldn't explain. Couldn't comprehend. Still, I was grateful to these constellations. If I wasn't for them, I'd be dead by now... I forced my body to turn over and placed my back onto ground. I gazed at the night sky, fluttering in and out of consciousness. Thank you, constellations.. 

[The fourth scenario is forcibly ended.]

[There was an unscheduled incident so it will take time to settle the scenario.]

[You'll regret this!] The dokkaebi screeched at me. 

[You have accomplished a non-existence achievement.]

[Your new narrative is created.]

[The narrative 'King of a Kingless World' has been born.]

[You have obtained the possibility of a stigma.]

My eyes slowly closed. 

1